20240226_184548 (resized).jpg
20240226_191733 (resized).jpg
20240226_191625 (resized).jpg
20240226_191654 (resized).jpg
20240226_191755 (resized).jpg
20240226_192004 (resized).jpg
20240226_191843 (resized).jpg
20240219_220145 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ive.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1808 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

That would be real hard for someone to repro that, they would need a NOS flat one and I've never seen one. The only thing to do is ask PPS if they would make them, he might have the original films.

Well .... I dug these out

I got them about 12 years ago when I first picked up my Station. Kind of forgot I had them until it was mentioned on here.

I'm not sure they are NOS ?? They don't have the part number printed on. But they look good. So if not NOS then someone was making them a while back.

P1040692 (resized).JPGP1040692 (resized).JPG

#1812 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

That could be exactly what's needed to make repros, it's probably the only one in existence. Can you scan it? Thanks for keeping it all these years.

I don't have a scanner but I'll look into it when I get a chance.

4 months later
#2102 6 years ago
Quoted from tsukumogami:

I’m pretty sure finding a new mini playfield is out of the question.

Yep. I have only ever seen 1 NOS mini playfield in my pinball life - it was buy it now on ebay years ago, somewhere in Europe. I stupidly hesitated .....and then it was gone. Doh.

#2129 6 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

yea I'd do the same thing back there too.
well damn, now I need to go remove my upper playfield so I can make measurements.

Awesome.

My upper playfield is in good shape but I'd probably be in for a new one

#2153 6 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

The final one could be made out of any color you want really. I have some blue transparent I want to experiment with. But I also need to do a little research on what plastic is most durable, and then what colors are available for it.

Original blue prob best ...but it would be interesting to see how it looked in red or even green

#2184 6 years ago

Holy cow ..... that playfield looks awesome !!

Where do I sign up !

#2200 6 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

I'm going to try that first. I should be able to cut some numbered pieces and insert them, though I'm a little worried that will create a 'scratch point' where the ball is going to hit those pieces at a slightly different angle than the rest of the rail, and over time cause damage. There's a few other options though. I could use a thin cover over the whole rail, that has printed or laser etched graphics on it. The original has a printed piece of paper. I want to go more durable than that, I'm imagining a thin 1" strip of clear plastic with a printed graphic on the back side of it, like all the other playfield plastics. It would be pulling the look of the upper playfield more in line with the original artwork on the rest of the machine. I could probably also cut a thin clear to use on the 'top' section with a printed graphic as well. I'll have to draw some concepts.
My other option is to do something new with it. I did a 'stroke' pass on the prototype playfield that etched a 1-2-3 on the surface of the playfield above the switch lanes. Its kinda hard to see in the photos. But I did it to see if the ball direction would be effected by it. I'm going to try cutting those shapes out, then cutting inserts of another color (probably red) and putting them into the playfield so the numbers are visible. Then moving the lights from behind the rails, to underneath the red 1-2-3's.
I did the insert trick on my Ghostbusters airball protector and really like how it turned out. The surface is basically perfectly flat and it has been holding up really well so far:
https://www.instagram.com/p/Be6C7O6gp9-/?hl=en&taken-by=scarybeardpro

What are you planning to do with the lane divider/lamp shields ?

3 months later
#2330 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

That could be exactly what's needed to make repros, it's probably the only one in existence. Can you scan it? Thanks for keeping it all these years.

OK Space Station commanders , it's your lucky day ..... I provided my decals for scanning and sets are now available to order. Form an orderly line

https://www.retrorefurbs.com/shop/space-station-upper-playfield-decals/

space-station-decals-1 (resized).jpgspace-station-decals-1 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#2360 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

I went with green and have never looked back!!

Yep - I'm trying to find a Green for sale ...anywhere ?

Pinball Palace here in the UK used to have them but no longer.

Blue does look pretty cool too

2 weeks later
#2390 5 years ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

Recieved and installed the space station from freakandgeek. The quality and detail is top notch. I’m not too sure about the silver yet but other than that it looks good. It’s defiantly an upgrade form the old one. Here is some before and after pics

It's nice to have an alternative - but personally I do think I would prefer it matching the backglass style a little more ...white colour, 4 struts.

#2395 5 years ago

Get them while you can - these won't be around forever

https://www.retrorefurbs.com/shop/space-station-upper-playfield-decals/

2 years later
#3316 3 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

Anyone have an opinion on the easiest way to access the 5 rear beacon (3 yellow / 2 red) bulbs? Got one burnt out so figured I’d do them all in LED.
If I flip the backbox down, I can sort of finagle my hand to awkwardly get to a few of them, but it’s not great. Flipping the playfield up puts them ALL the way down at the bottom where it’s not really feasible.
Looks like I’d the piece that the glass slides into could come off, it would open up that area perfectly. I pulled on it a bit and it didn’t seem to want to move. Couldn’t see any screws or anything.
Is the backbox-down way the best available?

It is possible to tilt the playfield so it is vertical and then lift it straight up and off its cabinet support bolts and rest it back down on the bolts , just behind the hooks . Then you can then lower it and carefully pull it forward 6 inches or so, resting it on a towel or similar on the lockdown bar area. Allows much easier access.

Get a friend to help is easier, once you look at it and do it its simpler than it maybe sounds. Have done it on games like Earthshaker that are a PITA to work on the rear of the playfield.

1 week later
#3335 3 years ago
Quoted from Sciddleybop1980:

Sign me up gang. Picked up mine on Sunday. Fallen in love with it. Couple of niggles to sort and had a U10 PIA failure message earlier on switch on.
Best part of picking up a new machine??? Wading through 60 pages of the club thread and learning the nuances of a new machine.

Hey Gaz ...welcome to orbit.

My machine occasionally throws up a PIA failure , I turn it off and on and its then fine. Has done it for years and I have never actually bothered to invistigate or sort it out. That's how I roll

5 months later
#3422 2 years ago

Anyone fit Titan glow rings to their Station ? How do they look ? Will be giving mine a thorough shopping and overhaul in the next few months - it’s been over a decade and overdue - and thinking of using them.

#3425 2 years ago

I have Grizzla. To be honest I’ve got mish mash as I needed to change what was there and just used what I had in stock. They look ok but the jury’s out on them. I reckon it’d look better if the entire machine was done [quoted image]

Cheers fella. Do they look any different during Condition Green ? Guessing not really. Was wondering about throwing some UV bulbs in with the greens for some Glow effect a la Stranger Things … not sure how that would look.

Other option is the clear rings. Or green rings ! Or blue rings ! Or just stick with good old white.

#3428 2 years ago

Yeah they look good in condition green but if you’re as skilful as me, condition green lasts 5 seconds.
I also have blue and white and clear it’s like steptoes yard in there

I’m amazing at Condition Green Nailed 3 Jackpots earlier today

#3432 2 years ago

Just a heads up for newer players …. Something I didn’t know for quite some time.
The Target above the right Outlane that when hit refreshes the Shuttle or Station award depending on which insert is lit can be toggled between the two by pressing both flipper buttons. This obvs gives you some control over the awards. Helping you avoid accidentally changing a decent one, or choosing to change a poor one.

#3438 2 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

Check out what I did. I’m a huge fan of this. I put UV post lights on the slings and UV posts and rubbers including flippers. Not only gives an eerie space glow during the game but when it shuts off the glow is cool. Also, I added a UV trough light for normal mode. In green mode, I wired a second trough light that’s green. HUGE green light improvement vs without it. Also did blue post lights in all the blue posts on the field. Included a pic of the harness I made to power them all off of one GI to simplify wiring.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Love it ! Thanks

9 months later
#3658 1 year ago

Finally fitted my Freeplay40 blue ramp - only bought it 3 years ago My orig black one was in good shape though repaired .

Pleased with it - lit up it’s a little paler blue than I thought it might be , fit was good , a little tight on one mounting post . Had to slacken off the Station retaining nut to raise it a bit as the new ramp sat fractionally higher resulting in a lip and ball hang spot.

Thinking what to do with the no artwork void now visible. Thinking some artwork in the same style as rest of the game, some reworked plastic to cover the solenoid and possibly a good small model Space Shuttle or space walking astronaut figure under there

Have any other owners with new ramp added anything under there ?

2A826319-AA37-4630-A7DA-43F257676644 (resized).jpeg2A826319-AA37-4630-A7DA-43F257676644 (resized).jpeg689D0792-52BC-4ACB-834C-5C1B73A2B50D (resized).jpeg689D0792-52BC-4ACB-834C-5C1B73A2B50D (resized).jpegEA5CD6AE-B840-45CA-925E-8CC5CF342465 (resized).jpegEA5CD6AE-B840-45CA-925E-8CC5CF342465 (resized).jpeg

#3663 1 year ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Is it possible to turn off bonus ball?

No.
The duration can be reduced by installing the harder settings.

One thing just occurred to me - can you still earn an extra ball during the bonus ball and is it then awarded ? Don’t think I have ever seen it and haven’t tried it with glass off to confirm.

2 months later
#3732 1 year ago

Selling a set of upper playfield decals from Retro Refurbs (no longer available on their site). Will ship international with Ebays Global Shipping Programme.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/334573012463

s-l1600 (resized).jpgs-l1600 (resized).jpg
6 months later
#3881 1 year ago
Quoted from AlexRogan84:

Anyone ever have their rubber post sleeve get shredded by the pop bumper somehow getting too close to it? It looked like a beaver went at it and the little bits were all over the playfield.[quoted image]

Yep. Had the same happen . Action of the pop ring on it .

#3882 1 year ago

I love Space Station but always felt the drop targets are just too hidden away - I have had friends not even realise there were drops on it . I even forget about them at times.
Was thinking about this last night and kind of wish the drops were swapped with the STA target bank position , just so they were a bit more visible .

B49B7B26-E4DE-482F-A5B5-3A64B578B818 (resized).jpegB49B7B26-E4DE-482F-A5B5-3A64B578B818 (resized).jpeg
#3886 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

But getting all three drops with one shot is so satisfying!

It is. But I sometimes hardly notice I’ve done it as they are so tucked away !

#3891 12 months ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

So many good sounds on the machine but it might be the best.
The sweep to VUK shot is the most fun in the game. Can’t imagine having stand ups up there.

My brain must be wired wrong then cos I honestly forget they are there sometimes

7 months later
#3988 4 months ago
Quoted from Platypus:

I replaced my upper playfield with the replacement from Planetary Pinball. While it is a perfect reproduction the sticker decal is too opaque and it is hard to distinguish when 1,2 or3 are lit. If you print your own what sort of material do you print it on?

I have these Retro Refurbs set for sale . Some years ago I provided my NOS decals to them and they ran a batch of these. This is the last set I have.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/335101646258?

F7C4C1B4-0478-4E49-9FF1-54F6C12AF359 (resized).jpegF7C4C1B4-0478-4E49-9FF1-54F6C12AF359 (resized).jpeg
#3989 4 months ago
Quoted from justler:

Anyone have a scan of the 1 2 3 sticker on the upper playfield as well as the sticker that's on top of that? Someone printed mine on a crap printer and it looks terrible and faded... was hoping to have a local place print a sticker.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/335101646258?

1 month later
#4063 3 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I recommend a translucent ramp for the game. Makes condition green way better. Mine has a blue one and looks great.

Agree - I have the blue one also . I just need to make some artwork or a small shuttle model or something to hide the now visible solenoid under there.

1 month later
#4126 53 days ago
Quoted from bballfan:

Yea some of these system 11 pivot playfields are a pia

They are .
It is possible though , and fairly easy once you have done it a couple times to actually slide the playfield forward. I used to do it to work on my Earthshaker as that’s a real pain for access with so much stuff at the rear of the playfield .

You need to pivot the pf vertical , at which point you can lift it straight up to unhook it from the pivot point. May be easier with someone else, but certainly doable on your own.

Then moving it slightly forward you can lower it so the pivot is now behind the hook and drop it down so the the pf hook bracket is resting on the pivot but not hooked on .
Tilt it back down and you can carefully slide it forward a few inches as the playfield wood is actually sitting on top of the pivots now .

Place a blanket or something across the lockdown bar mech area and you can gently rest the playfield on it without damaging anything.

May sound more complicated than it is reading this, but you’ll see it’s straightforward when you do it. And can really make life much easier for certain access.

#4129 53 days ago

Finally got round to swapping in Green displays , something I wanted to do for years. I scored a new Xpin set at a very good price.
They look great imo . Condition green !

40111E39-E1FA-4FF5-919B-D32D1A190C96 (resized).jpeg40111E39-E1FA-4FF5-919B-D32D1A190C96 (resized).jpeg7A34532A-F1D9-41E3-BFE1-5C559038B3DF (resized).jpeg7A34532A-F1D9-41E3-BFE1-5C559038B3DF (resized).jpegCFEF8B29-4838-48A6-8686-D61DCD64A35D (resized).jpegCFEF8B29-4838-48A6-8686-D61DCD64A35D (resized).jpeg
#4134 52 days ago
Quoted from bballfan:

Looks great!
What green bulbs did you use for the multiball GI?

It was a while ago . Pretty sure it was the standard Comet 2SMD Frosted .

I need to do the inserts at some point , they look a little dull with the original lamps.

#4135 52 days ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Blue displays also look amazing [quoted image]

They do ! I was torn between the two but Green win over because of Condition Green

1 week later
#4159 44 days ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Space station seems amazing so far.
It actually feels like you're playing pinball in space. The lack of inlanes is brilliant, and it feels like the ball is a laser bouncing off satellites. The pf is a bit vast in the middle, like space. Mostly longer shots.
The sound and music are up there with BK2K, and just go SO well with the theme.
The pin feels very complete. Just very well done. I place it easily top 5 system 11s. My only gripe is the drops seems second thought. Yes, they increase bonus mulitplier, but they just seem too far back in the corner.

Totally agree. It’s a great game with a unique feel to it . Fairly simple main goal but with enough other side strategies to keep it interesting - Station and Shuttle awards, Stop n Go
The ability to steal other players locked balls makes it great fun to play with friends .

#4165 44 days ago
Quoted from interconnect:

The point of the drops in this game is to sweep them, not really to sharp shoot them down individually.

I think the frustration is partly because they are quite hidden/tucked away , easy to forget about them - I have had new players not even realise there are drops on there

1 month later
#4175 13 days ago
Quoted from BertoDRINK1:

Joined the club yesterday. Picked up a nice game that had a NOS Playfield installed a little while back. It has the mylar over most of the playfield but looks great. Previous owner did LED's for the GI but not the inserts, with all the nice fading they do I can see why. I think I'll finally get an LED OCD board and put it in this one. Got on the list with Freeplay40 for a Blue Right ramp already when he does another batch also. Had to let Rollergames go to fit this one in, I think that was an ok slot trade. Can't wait to get more plays in and learn the rules.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Good trade imo . I have had my Station over 15 years now , I like Rollergames but I had had enough of it after just a few months .

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Olympia, WA
$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ive.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/space-station-club-members-only?tu=Ive and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.