20240528_153251 (resized).jpg
Under-Ramp (resized).png
IMG_7353 (resized).jpeg
20240521_151344 (resized).jpg
20240510_130328 (resized).jpg
IMG_4462 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4469 (resized).jpeg
20240305_145604 (resized).jpg
There are 4,254 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 86.
#401 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballConspiracy:

sure hope i can still get the blue ramp thats out there and illuminate my station like Dennis'

I recently got a clear ramp from Mark, "Freeplay40". He did a great job. My plan is to build a couple of brackets to hold the chasing LEDs rather than use adhesive. They will attach to the mounting posts that hold the ramp.

Dennis

#402 9 years ago

I can look into building the molds for the upper PF, i own a tooling shop and that's What we do. been building molds for 35 years. I've built several molds for PPB and have some other reproduction parts in the works. I have a space station pin, great pin that everyone tries to buy from me. My upper PF has a crack but plays fine.
Met Rick and started taking on some projects for work and love of the hobby.
Looks like a fairly easy part to make, seems a little thin to me. i have access to any original drawings.

#403 9 years ago
Quoted from pin-pimp:

I can look into building the molds for the upper PF, i own a tooling shop and that's What we do. been building molds for 35 years. I've built several molds for PPB and have some other reproduction parts in the works. I have a Space Station pin, great pin that everyone tries to buy from me. My upper PF has a crack but plays fine.
Looks like a fairly easy part to make, seems a little thin to me. i have access to any original drawings.

I'll be in for a matching blue one, it'd be great if you had a way to make it a bit thicker

This is great!

#404 9 years ago
Quoted from DennisAZ:

I recently got a clear ramp from Mark, "Freeplay40". He did a great job. My plan is to build a couple of brackets to hold the chasing LEDs rather than use adhesive. They will attach to the mounting posts that hold the ramp.
Dennis

Thanks man
next thread read?
your part one of all lit up or something
have it saved in my favs ready to read

#405 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Just contact Freeplay40 and get the ball rolling now, it may take a while for him to make it.

Pm sent thnx

#406 9 years ago
Quoted from pin-pimp:

I can look into building the molds for the upper PF, i own a tooling shop and that's What we do. been building molds for 35 years. I've built several molds for PPB and have some other reproduction parts in the works. I have a Space Station pin, great pin that everyone tries to buy from me. My upper PF has a crack but plays fine.

That would be great, especially if you could make it plug n play like Freeplay40 does with his ramps. We would also need the stickers for it too.

#407 9 years ago
Quoted from pin-pimp:

pm sent...

#408 9 years ago

It would be great if you matched the BLUE that Freeplay40 used in his right ramp in Space Station.
-mof

#409 9 years ago
Quoted from mof:

It would be great if you matched the BLUE that Freeplay40 used in his right ramp in Space Station.
-mof

Acrylic 2424

#410 9 years ago
Quoted from pin-pimp:

Yes... Plug and play option a must, with stickers - a life saver

#411 9 years ago

I contacted freeplay 40. See what we can come up with

#412 9 years ago
Quoted from pin-pimp:

I contacted freeplay 40. See what we can come up with

Thank you VERY much.

#413 9 years ago

Looks like mine is over the border now, should be here in a week or so, super excited. I see this title becoming more sought after in the next few years.....not a lot made..

#414 9 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

Looks like mine is over the border now, should be here in a week or so, super excited. I see this title becoming more sought after in the next few years.....not a lot made..

That's good to hear and yeah it's just a cool older game, I'm glad I got one. A local pin friend keeps trying to buy it when he comes over.

#415 9 years ago

When I bought my first Space Station around 2002, it seemed like they were everywhere. I bought a second one about a year later, solely for its perfect ramp and nice cabinet. I sold the other game (still pretty nice) for $800. Then I swapped in an NOS playfield - not drilled or dimpled, so it took forever. Even after all that work, I considered selling it once. Now it's bolted to the floor - it'll go to the nursing home with me. I play it more than anything else.

#416 9 years ago

Had a nice conversation with pinball-pimp today about the upper left injection molded playfield and.... I also mentioned there was interest in a transparent Space Station diverter which is also injected molded. He seemed pretty interested so let's all cross our fingers!

#417 9 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Had a nice conversation with pinball-pimp today about the upper left injection molded playfield and.... I also mentioned there was interest in a transparent Space Station diverter which is also injected molded. He seemed pretty interested so let's all cross our fingers!

Dude! Sweet! Thank you guys for looking into this!

#418 9 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

OUTSTANDING Mark. Actually I'd like a matching blue diverter, that would light up WAY cool. Can you imagine what all that would look like lit up.

#419 9 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

okay stop. please. I like having money in my wallet alright?!

That diverter would be really cool actually, would match that neat ramp you got me too

#420 9 years ago
Quoted from boris_37:

okay stop. please. I like having money in my wallet alright?!

well your in the wrong hobby then.

#421 9 years ago

I feel like a traitor, but I'm leaving the Space Station club. It just didn't "click" for me. Maybe it's the lack of inlanes, I'm not sure, but the machine has moved on to someone who will appreciate it. Now I need to see what to put in the gap...

#422 9 years ago

I'm sure you made another Brit very happy. Good luck in your search for a replacement.

#423 9 years ago
Quoted from Snux:

I feel like a traitor, but I'm leaving the Space Station club. It just didn't "click" for me. Maybe it's the lack of inlanes, I'm not sure, but the machine has moved on to someone who will appreciate it. Now I need to see what to put in the gap...

Nice having you here for a while. Good luck with the hunt. Got your eye on something?

#424 9 years ago

I'm in the club! got my space station earlier this week. Also ordered blue ramp from freeplay40! spent the last 2 days fixing it up, putting leds, but need to order Green LEDs for green mode.

But have to get a new relay, checking with a local guy first, if not will be ordering from GLM. green mode not working

had a SS back in 1999, but this one is in better shape. (16 years later and i find one in better shape...wow)

oh, and after reading this whole thread, i'm also needing 1251.

I had removed factory mylar from my f-14 no issues, but it had bubbled everywhere, so i needed to. But the mylar on this machine is 99% good, one small bubble (factory installed) i'll be leaving it on (for now).

read some great tips on this tread, my machine will be in top shape soon!

#425 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballsteph:

I'm in the club! got my Space Station earlier this week. Also ordered blue ramp from freeplay40! spent the last 2 days fixing it up, putting leds, but need to order Green LEDs for green mode.
But have to get a new relay, checking with a local guy first, if not will be ordering from GLM. green mode not working
had a SS back in 1999, but this one is in better shape. (16 years later and i find one in better shape...wow)
oh, and after reading this whole thread, i'm also needing 1251.
I had removed factory mylar from my f-14 no issues, but it had bubbled everywhere, so i needed to. But the mylar on this machine is 99% good, one small bubble (factory installed) i'll be leaving it on (for now).
read some great tips on this tread, my machine will be in top shape soon!

All great news. This is one game that bennifits from double spot lights and led strips. Good to have you join us. Play on.

#426 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

well your in the wrong hobby then.

Yeah, I think space station has been my cheapest so far... Ramp, led's, toys, stencils, board work... It's funny though because I always dream about playing it when I'm away from it, my woz just pisses me off and I swear it's laughing at me, but ss is like a really good old friend who's conversation is always satisfying and leaves me wanting more... Ok that just got creepy, guess I've been staring into "space" a little too much

#427 9 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Ok that just got creepy, guess I've been staring into "space" a little too much

LOL!!! It's OK...I feel the same way about High Speed.

#428 9 years ago

Arrived....plays pretty good, everything is working ok, going to mod it a bit and dress it up. Question as I only played it before at the PBHOF in Vegas, is the single drop target in front of the ramp supposed to drop slow or fast? Mine drops slow yet assembly looks in good shape and is clean. Can't remember back to last summer....

#429 9 years ago

Mine drops pretty quickly.
Brian

#430 9 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

Arrived....plays pretty good, everything is working ok, going to mod it a bit and dress it up. Question as I only played it before at the PBHOF in Vegas, is the single drop target in front of the ramp supposed to drop slow or fast? Mine drops slow yet assembly looks in good shape and is clean. Can't remember back to last summer....

Congrats!
Target should drop quickly. Does the spring look OK?

#431 9 years ago

Rebuilding the drop target and adding a drop of synthetic oil made a big difference on mine.

#432 9 years ago

Trying something new on my machine that my brother designed and I 3D printed. A space shuttle rocket motor.
Brian

20150203_180141.jpg20150203_180141.jpg 20150203_180051.jpg20150203_180051.jpg
#433 9 years ago
Quoted from bpull:

Trying something new on my machine that my brother designed and I 3D printed. A Space Shuttle rocket motor.

That's cool! Gonna sell 'em?

#434 9 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Congrats!

I figured it should but wasn't sure..that's minor fix though. the rest is ok, playfield has factory mylar with no bubbling so I'm pretty happy. Goig it LED it, one of Freeplay's blue ramps, speaker, lighted buttons, and if I can find all the sizes thinking blue rubbers. even not sitting level it played pretty good. I see this machine reaching SOF popularity in next few years, its a blast (no pun intended )

#435 9 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

That's cool! Gonna sell 'em?

I think he will, we are testing them right now. trying to decide if we should cast them or leave them 3D printed. These would look good on space shuttle too I think. I will be sure to have him start a thread once he has some ready to sell.

Brian

#436 9 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

I figured it should but wasn't sure..that's minor fix though. the rest is ok, playfield has factory mylar with no bubbling so I'm pretty happy. Goig it LED it, one of Freeplay's blue ramps, speaker, lighted buttons, and if I can find all the sizes thinking blue rubbers. even not sitting level it played pretty good. I see this machine reaching SOF popularity in next few years, its a blast (no pun intended )

Don't forget Comets red top white bottom pop cap rings.

IMGA0675.JPGIMGA0675.JPG

IMGA0678.JPGIMGA0678.JPG

#437 9 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

Mine drops slow yet assembly looks in good shape and is clean.

Mine was slow also. Turned out the drop target had a small crack that you could barely see, and it was rubbing against the washer/E-clip.

#438 9 years ago
Quoted from bpull:

I think he will, we are testing them right now. trying to decide if we should cast them or leave them 3D printed. These would look good on Space Shuttle too I think. I will be sure to have him start a thread once he has some ready to sell.
Brian

I wander if there's possibility of putting orange leds in the booster somehow... I think I've seen a hollow rod before???

#439 9 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I wander if there's possibility of putting orange leds in the booster somehow... I think I've seen a hollow rod before???

Hi Chosen_S,

We actually are looking to do something like this, I think it would make the design epic.

Brian

#440 9 years ago

Hi I bought a space station that was rescued from a logging camp! It has been well played for sure and has a few quirks, but overall it plays pretty well, all displays work, sounds works great, flashers, green multi ball mode but I have a few questions about the general play features so I hope you experts can help me.

The only error I got when machine turned on is 37 adjust roll under top left. When you shoot the ball under this what is supposed to happen during a game. This is the chute that brings the ball up to the USA rollovers. Any specific Noise/lights? Nothing seems to happen but now the error code is gone on start up? It is very hard switch to troubleshoot and work on being so far up the playfield.

Also, when do the bank of 3 knock down AUX targets reset? When you start a new game? During game play in specific mode? Mine do not seem to reset at start of a game, or really any specific time actually. Sort of random. Hoping something easy to fix but nice to know what is normal operation.

I just got the game recently so we are just getting used to it and racking up some games on it. Gave it a good cleaning, checked over connections, replaced batteries. Original batt holder looked perfect so did not mess with it. As far as I can tell the machine is 100% original except new rubbers and balls.

Anyways,not sure if I should have posted a tech thread, but figured at least I'd say hi and let you know I have been following this thread, lots of great ideas and mods! I love this game! It is not going anywhere. We have a Mission...

Really looking forward to the new ramp I bought from freeplay40 too.

#441 9 years ago

"The only error I got when machine turned on is 37 adjust roll under top left. "

that's the same error i had on mine when i got it last week. it's the top left gate. the switch in under the playfield but the issue might be above, there is a little u shape at the end of the gate where the hook for the switch sits, mine was sitting at the top of the "U" which made the switch on all the time. i just moved it down the "u" and all fixed. (the credit dot disappeared once it registered during game play).
or it could be the switch contact under...

P1050780.jpgP1050780.jpg

#442 9 years ago
Quoted from BCpinhead:

The only error I got when machine turned on is 37 adjust roll under top left. When you shoot the ball under this what is supposed to happen during a game. This is the chute that brings the ball up to the USA rollovers. Any specific Noise/lights? Nothing seems to happen but now the error code is gone on start up? It is very hard switch to troubleshoot and work on being so far up the playfield.

Also, when do the bank of 3 knock down AUX targets reset? When you start a new game? During game play in specific mode? Mine do not seem to reset at start of a game, or really any specific time actually. Sort of random. Hoping something easy to fix but nice to know what is normal operation.

First, do you have a manual? If not you can download one from here:
http://mirror2.ipdb.org/files/2261/Williams_1987_Space_Station_Operations_Manual_and_Test_Procedures.pdf

1) After the ball gets to the left ball popper, it will dock either to the left or right depending on the diverter (item 30). See page 55 item 22, 23 & 30.

2) The 3 drop targets should reset at the beginning of the game and after each "new ball", and after all three have been knocked down. After the three have been knocked down, the point multiplier is increased from 1X through 7X.

#443 9 years ago

Sweeping the drop target bank and hearing that sound is awesome. I'll never get tired of hearing it. My strategy now is to go for that shot repeatedly until I've maxed out the pop bumpers (with 1-2-3 completions), or there's a nice big Stop and Score multiplier waiting for me. I also learned not to start multiball until the SaS multiplier is up to at least 3X. Then I shoot for the ramp - I know, not at all easy during multiball). The VUK shot is a good way to clear the playfield for the ramp shot.

#444 9 years ago

So... I have my game setup on freeplay... And I guess I have the so called "credit dot" ?
There a dot on the bottom right of the upper left display... What do I do to get rid of it?

#445 9 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

So... I have my game setup on freeplay... And I guess I have the so called "credit dot" ?
There a dot on the bottom right of the upper left display... What do I do to get rid of it?

That dot is an indication that there is an error.
Go into audits to find out what the error is. It may also display what the error is during the boot up sequence when you turn the game on.
It may be a switch that's not working, or simply one that hasn't been hit during game play in a long time. Game cannot tell the difference.
Need to see what the error is before you figure out how to fix it.

#446 9 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

That dot is an indication that there is an error.
Go into audits to find out what the error is. It may also display what the error is during the boot up sequence when you turn the game on.
It may be a switch that's not working, or simply one that hasn't been hit during game play in a long time. Game cannot tell the difference.
Need to see what the error is before you figure out how to fix it.

Cool! thank you, the error is one of my left sling switches, been fussing with it for a while

#447 9 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

Quoted from RCA1:

Congrats!

ok, now it drops fast, a good cleanup req. Repaired cond green wiring which was rigged to work (but, it was working), battery holder fell off, so that is now on side of backbox. Now compiling parts to make this thing amazing! Having said that it does play very good, and the pf still has mylar and looks amazing. This should be a blast when done. It's a simple game but so entertaining.

#448 9 years ago
Quoted from DennisAZ:

First, do you have a manual? If not you can download one from here:
http://mirror2.ipdb.org/files/2261/Williams_1987_Space_Station_Operations_Manual_and_Test_Procedures.pdf
1) After the ball gets to the left ball popper, it will dock either to the left or right depending on the diverter (item 30). See page 55 item 22, 23 & 30.
2) The 3 drop targets should reset at the beginning of the game and after each "new ball", and after all three have been knocked down. After the three have been knocked down, the point multiplier is increased from 1X through 7X.

Thanks Dennis and PS, since posting my questions I took the knock down target bank out of the machine and took it all apart to clean. It was so gunked up the targets slowly went down...like several seconds. Gross! Now works perfectly! Yahoo.

Yes Dennis, I did have a paper copy of the manual that came with the machine but in a frenzy of cleaning the house "someone" put it away somewhere. So thanks for the link.

I have discovered some major board issues so I am going to have to start a tech thread.
Loving the game though!
Thanks!
John

#449 9 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

ok, now it drops fast, a good cleanup req. Repaired cond green wiring which was rigged to work (but, it was working), battery holder fell off, so that is now on side of backbox. Now compiling parts to make this thing amazing! Having said that it does play very good, and the pf still has mylar and looks amazing. This should be a blast when done. It's a simple game but so entertaining.

Haha...volkdrive, I think you and I need to order 2x parts to save on some USA shipping! Lol...
I'm looking hard at the xpin replacement power supply board. Pretty much sure I will order that. Also discovered several cooked-looking TIP122 transistors on the CPU board ....scary! Cannot believe it has not burst into flames. Previous owners def been mucking around here. Machine is down until this is fixed.

Good to see 3 new SS surface in Canada over the past month or so!

Edit...added pic no need for any suspense...lol top right looks very bad, will dig out dmm tomorrow.

photo 2.JPGphoto 2.JPG

#450 9 years ago
Quoted from BCpinhead:

Haha...volkdrive, I think you and I need to order 2x parts to save on some USA shipping! Lol...
I'm looking hard at the xpin replacement power supply board. Pretty much sure I will order that. Also discovered several cooked-looking TIP122 transistors on the CPU board ....scary! Cannot believe it has not burst into flames.

You can rebuild / bullet proof your power supply by rebuilding it with a kit from Great Plains electronics, it will save you some money

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

There are 4,254 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 86.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.