20240226_184548 (resized).jpg
20240226_191733 (resized).jpg
20240226_191625 (resized).jpg
20240226_191654 (resized).jpg
20240226_191755 (resized).jpg
20240226_192004 (resized).jpg
20240226_191843 (resized).jpg
20240219_220145 (resized).jpg
There are 4,188 posts in this topic. You are on page 81 of 84.
#4001 4 months ago

ordered a new motor bc this one def goes both ways

#4002 4 months ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

I’m in the club and looking forward to cleaning mine up and popping in some LED bulbs. I’ll post some photos as I clean it up and let you guys know what questions I have.

I recommend warm white in GI and ice blue in the "condition green" GI. looks pretty cool and space age to me:

IMG_1668 (resized).jpegIMG_1668 (resized).jpegIMG_1683 (resized).jpegIMG_1683 (resized).jpeg
#4004 4 months ago
Quoted from dddanielll:

I recommend warm white in GI and ice blue in the "condition green" GI. looks pretty cool and space age to me:[quoted image][quoted image]

To be honest, if you’re doing LEDs, cool white would look better than warm white. The game is mainly blue, which is a cool color, so I think cool white looks better. Warm white would be for reds, yellows, etc. and cool white for blues, purples, etc.

For comparison, here’s what cool white looks like in my game…

IMG_8362 (resized).jpegIMG_8362 (resized).jpeg

#4005 4 months ago
Quoted from interconnect:

To be honest, if you’re doing LEDs, cool white would look better than warm white. The game is mainly blue, which is a cool color, so cool white looks better. Warm white would be for reds, yellows, etc. and cool white for blues, purples, etc.
For comparison, here’s what cool white looks like in my game…
[quoted image]

To each their own! I rarely like the look of cool white in GI personally. The contrast between the warm white and ice blue is pretty amazing in person.

#4006 4 months ago
Quoted from dddanielll:

To each their own! I rarely like the look of cool white in GI personally. The contrast between the warm white and ice blue is pretty amazing in person.

Right, I’m just posting that as those guidelines are generally accepted best practices. You’re certainly outside of the norm. Blue LEDs in “Condition Green” is just Space Station lunacy!

#4007 4 months ago

I’m installing frosted cool white bulbs and translucent silicon bands. How many green LED bulbs do I need? Also, anyone know how many of the blue posts should I order?

#4008 4 months ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

I’m installing frosted cool white bulbs and translucent silicon bands. How many green LED bulbs do I need? Also, anyone know how many of the blue posts should I order?

I believe I ordered about 30 bulbs for the condition green GI... but I would definitely recommend you go through and count. Same with the posts; go through and count them all, just to be sure. I always order like 2-3 extra, just in case!

#4009 4 months ago

For the GI was my order the following:

25 frosted cold white
25 frosted green
5 frosted yellow
5 frosted blue

The blue and the yellow are for the mini playfield and under the mini playfield

Greetings from germany
Jürgen

#4010 4 months ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

I've never seen better diagrams for any games than what this member created for Space Station:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/space-station-club-members-only/page/59#post-5517184

His diagrams for rubber rings and also post sleeves are a couple posts before this one.

#4011 4 months ago

I know this has all been said before, but this machine does an excellent job with so many things. The animation of the alphanumeric displays synced up with music and sounds is so cool. Same with all the music, sounds, and lights. It’s immersive for sure.

#4012 4 months ago

I have been installing frosted white LEDs in the regular GI and new translucent silicon rubber bands. Yesterday I removed the upper playfield and I can't figure out how to install the wire form that goes to the right side of the upper playfield. It had what looks like two wood screws securing the rail to the upper playfield, but I also must have dropped a rectangular piece of metal that has two threaded holes in it. Where does this piece of metal go? Does it go to the underside of the upper playfield and should there be machine screws securing the wire form to the upper playfield with that metal piece on the bottom to form a sandwich? I'm at work right now co I can't snap a photo of the metal piece or the wire form.

#4013 4 months ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

I have been installing frosted white LEDs in the regular GI and new translucent silicon rubber bands. Yesterday I removed the upper playfield and I can't figure out how to install the wire form that goes to the right side of the upper playfield. It had what looks like two wood screws securing the rail to the upper playfield, but I also must have dropped a rectangular piece of metal that has two threaded holes in it. Where does this piece of metal go? Does it go to the underside of the upper playfield and should there be machine screws securing the wire form to the upper playfield with that metal piece on the bottom to form a sandwich? I'm at work right now co I can't snap a photo of the metal piece or the wire form.

Uploaded a picture. If it’s the piece of metal you see in my pic, it’s spot welded to the wire form. The holes screw through the holes in the ramp (I think they have nuts on the bottom side).

IMG_9879 (resized).jpegIMG_9879 (resized).jpeg
#4014 4 months ago

Thanks justler I just took a photo. Does this rectangular bracket thing with threaded holes go under the playfield?

0FC0A711-1362-4433-95B7-F1A3B2B56738 (resized).jpeg0FC0A711-1362-4433-95B7-F1A3B2B56738 (resized).jpeg
#4015 4 months ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

Thanks justler I just took a photo. Does this rectangular bracket thing with threaded holes go under the playfield?
[quoted image]

Yes, on the bottom side of the plastic playfield.

#4016 4 months ago
Quoted from justler:

Yes, on the bottom side of the plastic playfield.

Gotcha. I need some longer screws. Does it needs nuts or will it just screw on there tight because the holes appear to be threaded?

#4017 4 months ago

So after an hour here and there between working on cars in the garage I've got this pin up and running again.

I paid €75 for it two years ago, it had been left in a shed with no playfield glass for over ten years.

I'm not experienced in any way but I'm happy with the results. Removed mylar, touched up paint, repaired electronics for display etc etc. Up to now a lot of hours and around €200 on bits, I still have a bit of work to do on the cabinet.

It's not perfect but I saved it

20231213_174202 (resized).jpg20231213_174202 (resized).jpg20231213_174331 (resized).jpg20231213_174331 (resized).jpg

20231213_174347 (resized).jpg20231213_174347 (resized).jpgIMG-20210903-WA0000 (resized).jpgIMG-20210903-WA0000 (resized).jpgIMG-20210903-WA0001 (resized).jpgIMG-20210903-WA0001 (resized).jpgIMG-20210903-WA0002 (resized).jpgIMG-20210903-WA0002 (resized).jpgIMG-20210903-WA0004 (resized).jpgIMG-20210903-WA0004 (resized).jpg

#4018 4 months ago
Quoted from Jakemate:

So after an hour here and there between working on cars in the garage I've got this pin up and running again.
I paid €75 for it two years ago, it had been left in a shed with no playfield glass for over ten years.
I'm not experienced in any way but I'm happy with the results. Removed mylar, touched up paint, repaired electronics for display etc etc. Up to now a lot of hours and around €200 on bits, I still have a bit of work to do on the cabinet.
It's not perfect but I saved it
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Mission Accomplished!!

Wow, bravo!! Looks great! Nicely done.

#4019 4 months ago

Looking great @jakemate! You did a lot of work to get it looking so nice!

#4020 4 months ago

Yes still have alot of work to do but at least I can finally play it. Not perfect but good enough for me and the family. It will never be sold, I likethe 80's music vibe too much!!

And so different to play compared to others I've played!!

#4021 4 months ago

I was playing my Space Station with my 26 year old son last night and he mentioned how great the music was. Even non-pinball players appreciate the music and light show. I can't wait to get my green frosted LEDs installed next week before we have family and friends over for Christmas.

#4022 4 months ago

Yes I just bought a bunch of white and green led frosted off aliexpress cheap as chips, they work great!

#4023 3 months ago

I’ve been trying to sweep the 3 drop targets when locking balls on the right. It’s a sweet shot and sound effect. Also really cool lights and sounds when you spell Space Shuttle.

#4024 3 months ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

I’ve been trying to sweep the 3 drop targets when locking balls on the right. It’s a sweet shot and sound effect. Also really cool lights and sounds when you spell Space Shuttle.

Space Shuttle? Station.

And yes, I love that there's a different sound for that sweep. It's a pretty decent scoring strategy too if the feed back out of the pops is ok.

#4025 3 months ago

Rats! Haha. I keep calling this game Space Mission too.

#4026 3 months ago

Condition Green LEDs swapped in.

7069D278-8E62-4EAE-A4D4-6CB00B6682F6 (resized).jpeg7069D278-8E62-4EAE-A4D4-6CB00B6682F6 (resized).jpeg
#4027 3 months ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

Condition Green LEDs swapped in.
[quoted image]

Looks awesome!

#4028 3 months ago

Thanks it’s a really cool feature of the game.

#4029 3 months ago

My Space Station is cleaned up and playing well. What do I need to do to keep it from burning up? On my High Speed I added some fuses for the bridge rectifiers in the head. I seem to remember reading something about adding fuses to the VUKs and pop bumpers on Space Station?

#4030 3 months ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

My Space Station is cleaned up and playing well. What do I need to do to keep it from burning up? On my High Speed I added some fuses for the bridge rectifiers in the head. I seem to remember reading something about adding fuses to the VUKs and pop bumpers on Space Station?

I thought Williams already had fuses in System 11B games and on. Talk to Pinsider DumbAss (Victor). He makes all sorts of awesome boards, including fuse boards. He can tell you if one is necessary. I believe I have one on mine. I’d have to check; I honestly don’t remember. I’ll check when I get home.

You can also check out his thread which has info on all his boards:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dumbass-test-and-reproduction-pcbs

#4031 3 months ago
Quoted from interconnect:

I thought Williams already had fuses in System 11B games and on.

Inkochnito makes a bridge replacement board to correct that issue also. His information says that 11B games do not have the issue as fuses were added by Williams starting with 11B. He does not list Space Station as an application for his board.

#4032 3 months ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Inkochnito makes a bridge replacement board to correct that issue also. His information says that 11B games do not have the issue as fuses were added by Williams starting with 11B. He does not list Space Station as an application for his board.

Right. That’s what I thought. System 11B and onwards don’t need fuses or his bridge board. Thanks for looking that up.

I love his bridge board though and highly recommend it, for applicable games. I have two of his bridge boards for two System 9 games and has worked great.

#4034 3 months ago

Yes, DumbAss makes a special solenoid saver board that will protect the special solenoids. Very clean and elegant solution and not expensive either. I have one in my Space Station. I'll take a picture and post it shortly, if you're curious what it looks like.

#4035 3 months ago

^That would be great

#4036 3 months ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

^That would be great

Let me save a bit of time. See the second image in the post @ https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dumbass-test-and-reproduction-pcbs/page/13#post-6635841 and look at the right center of the board.

If you want to understand special solenoid triggers better then read:

The fuse board is a hardware solution. A software solution (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dumbass-test-and-reproduction-pcbs/page/27#post-7644242) is a better solution.

#4037 3 months ago

Rats, the left side of my condition green GI is out. I’ve rebuilt the connector for the top left GI relay when looking at it with the playfield up. The right side Green GI is working fine. Kinda looks like the left side Green GI has green or purple and green wires. I’m guessing these run back to the connector I rebuilt.

Anything I’m missing and should look at? I’ve also reflowed the header pins for the relay board. Guess I should check the board and connector again.

This is a photo of the relay and board with the cover removed and before I rebuilt the connector.

30DEE05D-2218-488E-BEBA-35B2AB209329 (resized).jpeg30DEE05D-2218-488E-BEBA-35B2AB209329 (resized).jpeg
#4038 3 months ago
spacestation_gi_relay.jpgspacestation_gi_relay.jpg
#4039 3 months ago

got the new motor installed and everything is doing what it's supposed to now. yay

#4040 3 months ago

@DumbAss, thanks! I see that the original connector for those top 2 pins has green dots on it. So I'm guessing that supplies the power to the Condition Green relay there. I'll take a look at it closer tonight. I tried converting it over to molex, so maybe I did something wrong with it.

Also can someone explain how the relay is supposed to work? Is it supposed to pull in like an EM relay and stay energized and pulled in, or is it just supposed to click over once to activate the green GI, and then when multi-ball is over, it clicks back to go back to regular white GI?

What is the best way to test the relay function?

Thanks for the help.

#4041 3 months ago

My right side green GI is out. It was suggested to make sure the connector for the GI on the power board is good. I’ve already rebuilt both relays and connectors and even swapped in new relay boards and my right side green is still out.

I’ll report back if I get it fixed.

#4042 3 months ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

Rats, the left side of my condition green GI is out. I’ve rebuilt the connector for the top left GI relay when looking at it with the playfield up. The right side Green GI is working fine. Kinda looks like the left side Green GI has green or purple and green wires. I’m guessing these run back to the connector I rebuilt.
Anything I’m missing and should look at? I’ve also reflowed the header pins for the relay board. Guess I should check the board and connector again.
This is a photo of the relay and board with the cover removed and before I rebuilt the connector.[quoted image]

Are you sure that two pin connector is centered correctly? It looks like it needs to go down so both pins are in the connector. Hard to tell with this angle.

#4043 3 months ago
Quoted from AlexRogan84:

Are you sure that two pin connector is centered correctly? It looks like it needs to go down so both pins are in the connector. Hard to tell with this angle.

Could be a 3 pin that someone rigged up too. But second look, seems to be a two pin. Yeah move that down. I assumed the GI went out and no messing with the connectors occurred beforehand.

#4044 3 months ago
Quoted from AlexRogan84:

Cool. I see what you are talking about. I rebuilt the connector last night and reseated it and still was missing the Green GI on the left.

I'm going to take the board out of the machine tonight and install new header pins and desolder and resolder the 8 relay pins that go through to the back of the board. So I'll double check the connector, board, and pins again tonight.

#4045 3 months ago

Definitely check your GI connectors on the power supply. That was my issue.

IMG_0267 (resized).jpegIMG_0267 (resized).jpeg
#4046 3 months ago

Thanks @Chuckwurt! I checked that power supply connector last night on mine and all seemed good with it. Didn't look anything like your broken Joe Burrow connector. haha.

#4047 3 months ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

Thanks chuckwurt! I checked that power supply connector last night on mine and all seemed good with it. Didn't look anything like your broken Joe Burrow connector. haha.

Looks more like Tua’s brain to me.

#4048 3 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Looks more like Tua’s brain to me.

It is amazing that Tua is still playing this year. If he survives the season and is the league passing yards leader, he should win comeback player of the year. I was watching some videos of him getting hit, falling down, and how he has been applying his fancy jiu-jitsu maneuvers. Pretty neat to see him roll over really fast and get back up on his feet.

#4049 3 months ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

It is amazing that Tua is still playing this year. If he survives the season and is the league passing yards leader, he should win comeback player of the year. I was watching some videos of him getting hit, falling down, and how he has been applying his fancy jiu-jitsu maneuvers. Pretty neat to see him roll over really fast and get back up on his feet.

I’m hoping this is the last of Burrows injury issues too.

#4050 3 months ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

DumbAss, thanks! I see that the original connector for those top 2 pins has green dots on it.

DumbAss was letting you know the 2 pin connector is only off by one pin. Install it correctly and the relay will work.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Olympia, WA
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 4,188 posts in this topic. You are on page 81 of 84.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/space-station-club-members-only/page/81?hl=interconnect and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.