20240226_184548 (resized).jpg
20240226_191733 (resized).jpg
20240226_191625 (resized).jpg
20240226_191654 (resized).jpg
20240226_191755 (resized).jpg
20240226_192004 (resized).jpg
20240226_191843 (resized).jpg
20240219_220145 (resized).jpg
There are 4,188 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 84.
#351 9 years ago

I finally put my new blue ramp on and it looks great then put a blue 7 led strip under it just for the heck of it. Looks kind of dumb though.

IMGA0547.JPGIMGA0547.JPG
IMGA0548.JPGIMGA0548.JPG
IMGA0549.JPGIMGA0549.JPG

#352 9 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Need more pics, hard to see how you did this.
thanks,
mof

Quoted from MustangPaul:

He just stuck it to the underside of the plastic.

Paul is correct. I was going to try attaching it without taking anything apart. But decide to take it apart anyway since the rubbers by the drop targets needed changing.

I cleaned the underside of the plastic with 99% isopropyl alcohol. The LED strip comes with adhesive. Just pull off the protective strip. I fed the wires through the hole where the flasher wires run. There is a GI bulb and socket next to the hole. I soldered the LED wires to the GI socket under the playfield. So the LED light turns on and off with the GI lighting.

Quoted from RCA1:

Came with decals showing a Space Shuttle:
http://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=BAA&Screen=PROD&Product_Code=DC-31-1437
I agree with mof though, the reflective orange looks great with the additional light on it. The original layout is very dark there. Nice work!

I'm thinking maybe reflective (red - white - blue) might be neat. I'm also thinking something reflective on top of the drop target would work too.

Dennis

#353 9 years ago
Quoted from DennisAZ:

I'm also thinking something reflective on top of the drop target would work too.

Chrome mylar would be nice or some prism tape.

#354 9 years ago

Its hard to beat the look of the original space shuttle target decals though, they are dark, so maybe a different approach for lighting them up would help...
I like the idea of the led strip above them, but have reservations of attaching anything sticky to the plastic above...

#355 9 years ago
Quoted from TurboBengal:

Whats do the updated roms do?

??????

#356 9 years ago
Quoted from TurboBengal:

Whats do the updated roms do?

I too am curious about this. Also where to get them?

#357 9 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Its hard to beat the look of the original Space Shuttle target decals though,

I have 2 spare decals I'd send. PM me your shipping address if interested.

#358 9 years ago
Quoted from EdisonArcade:

I too am curious about this. Also where to get them?

I'm guessing we can get them from IPDB, but still not a clue what they do.

#359 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Chrome mylar would be nice or some prism tape.

OK, Paul. I went to Target and bought a roll of Duck brand Prism tape. It is very thin which is great. It appears to be mylar based so it should work good. Here are a few pictures. I had some plastic tape in red, white, and blue. I put this on top of the drop targets.

DropTargetDOWN.jpgDropTargetDOWN.jpg

DropTargetUP1.jpgDropTargetUP1.jpg

DropTargetUP2.jpgDropTargetUP2.jpg

#360 9 years ago

Where can we get new stickers for the mini playfield. Does anyone repro them?

Thanks

#361 9 years ago
Quoted from DennisAZ:

OK, Paul. I went to Target and bought a roll of Duck brand Prism tape. It is very thin which is great. It appears to be mylar based so it should work good. Here are a few pictures. I had some plastic tape in red, white, and blue. I put this on top of the drop targets.

DropTargetDOWN.jpg 163 KB

DropTargetUP1.jpg 141 KB

DropTargetUP2.jpg 113 KB

Yeah that does look nice. But for the love of god man take a toothbrush and clean the wax off the star posts. That one is driving me crazy.

#362 9 years ago
Quoted from Wickedbass:

Thanks

Not that I've seen.

#363 9 years ago
Quoted from Wickedbass:

10 years ago, I did 300dpi scans of all the mini-playfield art, cleaned them up and sent them to Jeff McAffee. He made some really nice repros; they are installed in my game and still look great. It might be worth contacting him. He does sell the target decals: http://www.classic-arcades.com.

#364 9 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

10 years ago, I did 300dpi scans of all the mini-playfield art, cleaned them up and sent them to Jeff McAffee. He made some really nice repros; they are installed in my game and still look great. It might be worth contacting him. He does sell the target decals: http://www.classic-arcades.com.

Great lead thanks.

#365 9 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Thanks, I think if enough of us need them would be worth it for him to run them.

Thanks again.

#366 9 years ago
Quoted from DennisAZ:

Brilliant!
-mof

#367 9 years ago

Unfortunately my drive crashed during the last 10 years, and I lost the scans. I think I uploaded them to BallsOfSteel.net, but we all know what happened there.

#368 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Yeah that does look nice. But for the love of god man take a toothbrush and clean the wax off the star posts. That one is driving me crazy.

One last picture. I replaced the top red-white-blue tape with reflective R-W-B stickers. I left the prism tape on the sides. Also added the white reflective sticker to the top of the bay door drop target.

R-W-B-1.jpgR-W-B-1.jpg

#369 9 years ago
Quoted from DennisAZ:

One last picture. I replaced the top red-white-blue tape with reflective R-W-B stickers. I left the prism tape on the sides. Also added the white reflective sticker to the top of the bay door drop target.

R-W-B-1.jpg 148 KB

Yes that does look better. No pop cap rings yet? I went with red with white bottoms, the pf and the ball are lit up really nicely now. I love your ramp lighting, I have a couple blue strips coming but I like how you leds are small and close together.

#370 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Yes that does look better. No pop cap rings yet? I went with red with white bottoms, the pf and the ball are lit up really nicely now. I love your ramp lighting, I have a couple blue strips coming but I like how you leds are small and close together.

I bought some pop cap rings but decided to use them in the speaker cavities (sound controlled) instead:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sound-controlled-speaker-led-lights

I am using these LEDs in my pop bumpers:
http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/6smdfan.htm

#371 9 years ago
Quoted from DennisAZ:

I bought some pop cap rings but decided to use them in the speaker cavities (sound controlled) instead:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sound-controlled-speaker-led-lights
I am using these LEDs in my pop bumpers:
http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/6smdfan.htm

I remember that post about the speaker cut-outs. The Crystal Fan led are what I used until the rings came out. They work pretty good to, much better then a regular led.

#372 9 years ago

I have a Space Station and was wondering if anyone knows where I can get the upper playfield or the decals for the upper playfield? I just did a playfield swap with a clear coated one and put all new plastics. My upper playfield is the only thing that needs replaced with something in better shape. Also I have a slight hum and thumping noise coming out of the back box speakers. Any one have this issue or know what a possible cause could be? Thanks again

IMG_0715.JPGIMG_0715.JPG

#373 9 years ago
Quoted from Raiders:

I have a Space Station and was wondering if anyone knows where I can get the upper playfield or the decals for the upper playfield? I just did a playfield swap with a clear coated one and put all new plastics. My upper playfield is the only thing that needs replaced with something in better shape. Also I have a slight hum and thumping noise coming out of the back box speakers. Any one have this issue or know what a possible cause could be? Thanks again

IMG_0715.JPG 261 KB

Those can't be found any where, that's an injection molded part I think and no one makes either of those. No idea about the hum and thumping except for maybe a ground problem. Great looking game, any cab work done to it.

#374 9 years ago
Quoted from Raiders:

IMG_0715.JPG 261 KB

I was looking for a replacement upper 1-2-3 miniplayfield too. It took about a year. Finally found one here on pinside. I need to give Jason (coz6) a big thanks....
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/space-station-playfield-and-plastics

Dennis

#375 9 years ago
Quoted from DennisAZ:

I was looking for a replacement upper 1-2-3 miniplayfield too. It took about a year. Finally found one here on pinside. I need to give Jason (coz6) a big thanks....
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/space-station-playfield-and-plastics
Dennis

You were lucky to find one in good shape. Mine is in good shape with no cracking.

#376 9 years ago

My SS just started resetting, GPE has no power supply rebuild kits, so Im guessing I may buy a new one, anyone have a good resource, brand and model to recommend?

#377 9 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

My SS just started resetting, GPE has no power supply rebuild kits, so Im guessing I may buy a new one, anyone have a good resource, brand and model to recommend?

Before you do that, replace the "big blue" capacitor. That fixed the resets on my game, without doing anything with the PS board.

#378 9 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Before you do that, replace the "big blue" capacitor. That fixed the resets on my game, without doing anything with the PS board.

Where did you get yours?

#379 9 years ago

I think I got it from The Real Bob Roberts. http://www.therealbobroberts.net

#380 9 years ago

Hey guys, I just put a blue 22 led chasing strip on the outside under the lip of the inside tight curve of my new blue ramp. The leds are small and the strip is the perfect length. They aren't overly bright especially shining through the ramp but it gives it a really nice accent light and the chasing is cool. $6 on ebay.

IMGA0606.JPGIMGA0606.JPG IMGA0607.JPGIMGA0607.JPG
#381 9 years ago

Cool, would love to see quick video of this.

#382 9 years ago

Can't do vid. It just chases bottom to top.

#383 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Can't do vid. It just chases bottom to top.

Neat! Now you need to wire it to the "bay door" drop target so it turns on only when the bay door is open.

Dennis

#384 9 years ago
Quoted from DennisAZ:

Neat! Now you need to wire it to the "bay door" drop target so it turns on only when the bay door is open.
Dennis

EASY for you...difficult for me.

#385 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Hey guys, I just put a blue 22 led chasing strip on the outside under the lip of the inside tight curve of my new blue ramp. The leds are small and the strip is the perfect length. They aren't overly bright especially shining through the ramp but it gives it a really nice accent light and the chasing is cool. $6 on ebay.

Would you mind posting link to the ebay listing for these? Have one coming and a blue ramp, would like to light it up somewhat. Thanks

IMGA0606.JPG 203 KB

IMGA0607.JPG 199 KB

#386 9 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

Would you mind posting link to the ebay listing for these? Have one coming and a blue ramp, would like to light it up somewhat. Thanks

Sorry but I deleted the item a few days ago. Just search "knight rider led strip" on ebay, all kinds of strips will pop up.

#387 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Sorry but I deleted the item a few days ago. Just search "knight rider led strip" on ebay, all kinds of strips will pop up.

Does it chase back and forth or just in one direction? What is the total strip length? Can the strip be cut shorter and still work correctly? Is yours made for 12 volts? I wonder if two were attached in parallel, would they chase in sync.

Looks like this one on Amazon is similar to yours for $8 and it does say that it flows in one direction.
http://www.amazon.com/iJDMTOY-Scanner-Lighting-Interior-Decoration/dp/B00H9OQ0XQ/ref=lh_ni_t

If I can find the right ones, I may replace the blue ones on my machine.

Dennis

#388 9 years ago

That one on Amazon does not look like mine. Only in one direction, 12 inches. Can't remember if it can be cut, yes 12v. Don't know if they would chase in sync. Did you search ebay yet? They have all kinds.

#389 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

That one on Amazon does not look like mine. Only in one direction, 12 inches. Can't remember if it can be cut, yes 12v. Don't know if they would chase in sync. Did you search ebay yet? They have all kinds.

ebay was overwelming trying to find it. Here is a video of the one on Amazon:

#390 9 years ago

I'm in the process of replacing all of the Capacitors on the Audio, MPU, and Lamp Driver Board

Here are the Values I have on my Boards

Audio Board:

16V 470uf 85degrees X2
16V 1000uf 105degrees X2
35V 100uf 85degrees X3

Crystal 3.576545 K.D.S.

MPU:

35V 100uf 85degrees X3

Lamp Driver Board:
100V 100uf 105degrees X2
100V 10uf 105degrees X2

#391 9 years ago

Thanks Paul, I didn't know the chasing LEDs existed. Here is what mine now looks like:

Dennis

#392 9 years ago

wow, very nice Dennis!

Brian

#393 9 years ago
Quoted from DennisAZ:

Thanks Paul, I didn't know the chasing LEDs existed. Here is what mine now looks like:
» YouTube video
Dennis

Dang that looks SUPER with 2 of them on there. How did ya get them to start at dif. times, just the nature of the beast? Ya never know what you can find on ebay. Now if I could only get my 3 orange flashers on the backboard to work.

#394 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Dang that looks SUPER with 2 of them on there. How did ya get them to start at dif. times, just the nature of the beast? Now if I could only get my 3 orange flashers on the backboard to work.

I bought the ones I found on Amazon. When they first turn on they are in sync. After a minute or so they get out of sync. They look good either way. How did you attach yours? I used clear RTV sealant. Takes about 6 hours to set and 24 to fully cure. I did three spots, the ends and the middle with a glop of RTV. I cleaned off the old RTV with isopropanol and my finger nails.

#395 9 years ago
Quoted from DennisAZ:

When they first turn on they are in sync. After a minute or so they get out of sync. They look good either way. How did you attach yours? I used clear RTV sealant. Takes about 6 hours to set and 24 to fully cure. I did three spots, the ends and the middle with a glop of RTV. I cleaned off the old RTV with isopropanol and my finger nails.

I see. I just used 3 dabs of clear silicone on the face of the strip and mushed it on. I also had to grind the sides at the top of the big tall round post on the top left of the ramp so the strip would go between it and the ramp.

1 week later
#396 9 years ago

Can anyone tell me how many "flasher LEDs" are on the Space Station Pinball game. When the machine was upgraded to LEDs, none of the flashers were done and I would like to see about doing that.

#397 9 years ago

I'm pretty sure it's:
12 behind the translite, 6 on the playfield, and the 2 red ones in the bank of 5 mounted vertically behind the ramp. (The orange ones are always lit #1251s)
so...20

#398 9 years ago

The

Quoted from spottedcheetah:Can anyone tell me how many "flasher LEDs" are on the Space Station Pinball game. When the machine was upgraded to LEDs, none of the flashers were done and I would like to see about doing that.

The 1251's in the back of the playfield don't have LED counter parts, you still need to use 1251 incandescents, unless you place resistors on the sockets

1 week later
#399 9 years ago

New to the Ss club
will be picking mine up end of next month!
this thread has got me all excited
sure hope i can still get the blue ramp thats out there and illuminate my station like Dennis'

#400 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballConspiracy:

sure hope i can still get the blue ramp thats out there and illuminate my station like Dennis'

Just contact Freeplay40 and get the ball rolling now, it may take a while for him to make it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Olympia, WA
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 4,188 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 84.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/space-station-club-members-only/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.