20240226_184548 (resized).jpg
20240226_191733 (resized).jpg
20240226_191625 (resized).jpg
20240226_191654 (resized).jpg
20240226_191755 (resized).jpg
20240226_192004 (resized).jpg
20240226_191843 (resized).jpg
20240219_220145 (resized).jpg
There are 4,188 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 84.
#3051 3 years ago
Quoted from RedFlash:

It is turning clockwise or counter clockwise?
It should only turn counter clockwise.
The motor who is turning the diverter is an ac motor.
So it can it normally turn both direction.
The clockwise direction is blocked by the gearbox attached to the motor.
If your diverter is turning clockwise too then one gear in the gearbox is worn.
Then there are two options:
- change of the gear
- change of the whole motor with gearbox
The diverter can only align correctly if its turning counter clockwise. The optos are otherwise registering the wrong position as stop.
Greetings from germany
Jürgen

Yes, it is going counter clockwise

#3052 3 years ago

Has anyone purchased the 3D printed Space Station From Marco? And are you happy with it??

large (resized).jpglarge (resized).jpg
#3053 3 years ago
Quoted from Oldschool77:

Has anyone purchased the 3D printed Space Station From Marco? And are you happy with it??[quoted image]

Yes, I’m happy with it

#3054 3 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Yes, I’m happy with it

nice! Do you have any pics to share of it installed? (I know its not a huge difference, but i'm still curious lol).

#3055 3 years ago

https://www.pinballlife.com/space-station.html its a little bit cheaper over @ Pinball life & I am almost certain that Scott Danesi did the 3d design/print work

#3056 3 years ago
Quoted from TecumsehPlissken:

https://www.pinballlife.com/space-station.html its a little bit cheaper over @ Pinball life & I am almost certain that Scott Danesi did the 3d design/print work

Thanks! I gotta put a Marco order in anyways, but i appreciate the option!

#3057 3 years ago

I have the PBL one. They make them in house on their 3D printers. Very nice! Way better than the junky original.

#3058 3 years ago

Or if you like the vacuum formed one I've made several. Selfless plug

Brian

20190224_104428 (resized).jpg20190224_104428 (resized).jpg20190224_194226 (resized).jpg20190224_194226 (resized).jpg
#3059 3 years ago
Quoted from bpull:

Or if you like the vacuum formed one I've made several. Selfless plug
Brian
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks good! I ended up going with the PBL one ( turned out i didn't need to put in a Marco order after all). I do like the silver though!

1 week later
#3060 3 years ago

So i'm not a "mod" guy...BUT i ran these LED Strips under the length of bottom (two strips spaced evenly) and on the rear of the backbox (Across the top, and left/right side) last night and tied it into the Green GI circuit. It's a really neat effect. I bought two and just cut them as needed to create an even effect.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QV11G6T/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00

I'm also going to put green Comet fast blinkers in 50% of the green GI to give a frantic crazy multiball blinky effect too!

#3061 3 years ago
Quoted from Oldschool77:

So i'm not a "mod" guy...BUT i ran these LED Strips under the length of bottom (two strips spaced evenly) and on the rear of the backbox (Across the top, and left/right side) last night and tied it into the Green GI circuit. It's a really neat effect. I bought two and just cut them as needed to create an even effect.
amazon.com link »
I'm also going to put green Comet fast blinkers in 50% of the green GI to give a frantic crazy multiball blinky effect too!

Would love to see pics of the strips in action!

#3062 3 years ago
Quoted from TicTacSeth:

Would love to see pics of the strips in action!

I'll post a quick vid once the blinkers come in and i get them installed too...unfortunately Comet doesn't offer green blinkers, so i have warm white ones coming in...it'll wash out the green a bit BUT if i space them right it'll give a "starry" look and add some insane-ness to multiball too!

#3063 3 years ago

One of my all-time fav's

Space-Station.GIFSpace-Station.GIF
#3064 3 years ago
Quoted from 1979wade:

I did swap the ribbon cable too. I’ll take a look at the grounds tomorrow. Thanks

ChrisPINk25 I ended up re burning the sound Roms and all of my sound issues are fixed! Thanks for your help!

#3065 3 years ago

Playball!

#3066 3 years ago
Quoted from AndHart120:

I have the PBL one. They make them in house on their 3D printers. Very nice! Way better than the junky original.

It came in yesterday, you were right, it was top notch! VERY happy with it and it looks so much better then the OEM one.

1 week later
#3067 3 years ago

Hello everyone,

I just picked up a SS but it has a GI lighting issue. Only the left side of the play field lights up under regular lighting and multiball green. The right side doesnt light up at all under either regular or multiball. If I jump the common wires from right to the left they light up. Just trying to trace where the issue might be. I have 5v going into the power supply board which is an Xpin replacement, 5V at the fuses on the side of the box, but after the fuses does it go straight to the playfield? Been looking at connectors for any burning/overheating but have yet to find the issue.

One other finding, when testing solenoids, the green solenoid test does not flash the green lights, they stay on solid. Is that normal? They come on normally under multiball (left side)

Thanks.

#3068 3 years ago

The green lights do not flash in the solenoid test, they just turn on. I would look at the fuses for the right side of the GI given that sounds like it might be common to both problems. Right side of the backbox there's four fuses for GI:
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

1 week later
#3070 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Well by guys, sold my game. Play on.

Dang man, stop by once in a while

#3071 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Well by guys, sold my game. Play on.

Noooooo. I can’t imagine selling my SS. Condition Green!!!!!

#3072 3 years ago

MustangPaul's Space Station is only a few miles further east now..just sayin'

#3073 3 years ago

hi guys, new member in the club!
i picked a proto game last week end
a lot of work to do...
i am looking for cabinet art file, if anyone can help, it will be appreciated...
pics to follow...

#3074 3 years ago
Quoted from DavidC:

hi guys, new member in the club!
i picked a proto game last week end
a lot of work to do...
i am looking for cabinet art file, if anyone can help, it will be appreciated...
pics to follow...

Welcome to the club! Many of us would love to have the cabinet art. So far, we have not been able to make it happen.

#3075 3 years ago

i want to share pics of my game...
one of a kind.... with factory topper and blue side art and apron...and back drop target!
enjoy

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#3076 3 years ago

Very Cool so you got this .. I saw it in another post

#3077 3 years ago
Quoted from DavidC:

one of a kind.... with factory topper and blue side art and apron...and back drop target!
enjoy
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Any more info on what the topper was supposed to be?

#3078 3 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Any more info on what the topper was supposed to be?

Or any background on why the playfield was sanded down?

#3079 3 years ago
Quoted from DavidC:

enjoy

Wow, that's cool. SS remains one of my all-time favorites.

#3080 3 years ago

well pf was not sanded but the paint peeled...
no info about topper anywhere... but seems a dome as F14 and HS fits right there... maybe a green one...
i want to try to make back drop target works... coil is plugged, switch for target position too but not working at the moment...
investigation in progress...

#3081 3 years ago
Quoted from DavidC:

Ahhhhh Ok perhaps someone tried to clean it but used some kind of solvent they shouldn't have

#3082 3 years ago
Quoted from DavidC:

no info about topper anywhere... but seems a dome as F14 and HS fits right there... maybe a green one...
i want to try to make back drop target works... coil is plugged, switch for target position too but not working at the moment...
investigation in progress...

Is that not a prototype playfield?

#3083 3 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Is that not a prototype playfield?

yes it is but it s not a white wood one...

#3084 3 years ago
Quoted from DavidC:

Well, it is NOW.

#3085 3 years ago

dam, i want to make a topper for mine now! LOL

#3086 3 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Dang man, stop by once in a while

Sure will, I miss it already.

#3087 3 years ago
Quoted from dmieczko:

Noooooo. I can’t imagine selling my SS. Condition Green!!!!!

That's what I thought to but baby (my Mustang) said it wanted a 550hp363cid so what baby wants baby gets. LOL Sold 4 games and looking to sell a 5th.

#3088 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

That's what I thought to but baby (my Mustang) said it wanted a 550hp363cid so what baby wants baby gets. LOL Sold 4 games and looking to sell a 5th.

IMGA0256 (resized).JPGIMGA0256 (resized).JPG
#3089 3 years ago
Quoted from amalongi:

MustangPaul's Space Station is only a few miles further east now..just sayin'

Yup and bolted to the floor right Tony. LOL

#3090 3 years ago
Quoted from DavidC:

enjoy
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Way cool, never seen one before. Got a pic of the topper?

#3091 3 years ago
Quoted from DavidC:

Well if you find a need I have a NOS one for sale. Not a proto though.

#3092 3 years ago
Quoted from DavidC:

enjoy

I wonder if the production ROMs support the upper drop target... Anyone know?

#3093 3 years ago

sadly NO, i have prod roms and it s no working...

#3094 3 years ago
Quoted from DavidC:

sadly NO, i have prod roms and it s no working...

I wonder if there's a way to jury rig it like people have with the prototype VUK on Radical...

#3095 3 years ago

Strange thing, I'm wondering if someone can help me figure this out:

— had the right jet bumper lock on a while back; it blew a fuse, burned up the solenoid, blew the tip122, it was a mess.
— replaced the sol, adjusted the leaf switch for the jet, replaced the tip122 at Q73 with a tip102, replaced the fuse at F3; I THOUGHT all was good...
— but now, all of the jets, and the right dock kicker, don't work. if I put in a fresh fuse at F3, it'll lock on the right jet again.

So, it seems that whatever locked on the sol at first still hasn't been fixed. And I'm not sure why these OTHER things aren't working now, either.

What am I missing?

Thanks in advance!

#3096 3 years ago

I believe you need to also change the pre driver on those as typically they burn up too when the driver goes out. Have seen this said many times on here to change both even if only one goes bad.

#3097 3 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

I believe you need to also change the pre driver on those as typically they burn up too when the driver goes out. Have seen this said many times on here to change both even if only one goes bad.

Pre-driver? Where's that?

#3098 3 years ago

I do believe it is Q72 2N4401 from looking at the print. Q73 is the main driver.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3099 3 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

I do believe it is Q72 2N4401 from looking at the print. Q73 is the main driver.
[quoted image]

Do you think the resistors at R105 & R106 could have failed, too? They look a bit suspicious...

Either way I’m going to put an order in for replacement parts from Marco, I will likely replace all of those things. Just not sure what else I should be looking at, if anything...

#3100 3 years ago

Post a pic of the board in that area. I think you would know if the resistor took to much juice.
I don’t think the resistor’s are bad. But I could be wrong. Only been working on pinball for a few years. So I am still a noob!!
GRUMPY what is your opinion?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Olympia, WA
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

There are 4,188 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 84.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/space-station-club-members-only/page/62?hl=ajfclark and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.