20240226_184548 (resized).jpg
20240226_191733 (resized).jpg
20240226_191625 (resized).jpg
20240226_191654 (resized).jpg
20240226_191755 (resized).jpg
20240226_192004 (resized).jpg
20240226_191843 (resized).jpg
20240219_220145 (resized).jpg
There are 4,188 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 84.
#3001 3 years ago

You said you had them working for a bit. The pins could of lost tension or oxidized making for a poor connection. Might be worth repinning and upgrading to a Molex connector.

I would also pull the interconnect board and see if you have any cracked or cold solder joints on the headers.

#3002 3 years ago
Quoted from Completist:

You said you had them working for a bit. The pins could of lost tension or oxidized making for a poor connection. Might be worth repinning and upgrading to a Molex connector.
I would also pull the interconnect board and see if you have any cracked or cold solder joints on the headers.

Good advice here. Also would do that on the relay boards. I managed to get one back to life with reflow on the board and then putting on a new connector.

#3003 3 years ago

Thanks guys, ill work on it more hopefully later today

#3004 3 years ago

Found my issue. Burnt connector on the relay board

#3005 3 years ago

hi SS owners

ok, let's admit i like this game, its on my wishlist, i know already about the good points...

i have a swap proposal versus my Transporter The Rescue (straight 1 VS 1), another great sys11, which is quite rare and not really usual/seen/played by lots of people

2 pins seems in quite good same state, than no doubt about the TTR value being higher than the SS

i'm stuned because i dont know what to do... would be nice to swap for just having another game home (until the next one, and so on), but than i push the TTR start button, and my mind said "how could you let this pin go away ?"... its not the first time (lol)

we all had that feeling already
now, what can you say to me to go for this swap !?

tanx

#3006 3 years ago

tanx

What if you and another local collector swapped machines for 6 months and then swapped back again?

Brian.

#3007 3 years ago

I also Value the TTR higher & for me it would also be harder to part with

#3008 3 years ago

tanx guys...

well, no temporary swap possible, i didnt know the other guy, and we're not really close

in fact, after having played SS a lot on VPINBALL, i found myself to only aim for the right entry to the upper PF, and than while LOCK is/are ready, just shoot these ones... its not you "want" to aim for the targets, i mean only extra ball can push you to think of it (and also the left kickback)... now, not sure its the same on the real pin !?

on TTR, even if its still a SYS11 (and than quite simple), gameplay is more than equilibrate, and every parts of the PF could be a good choice soon or later in the game

but may be my point of view is too much axed from a "player" perspective

#3009 3 years ago

I wonder what other people's strategies for this game are... I usually:

- try to sweep the drops and get back to the upper PF to nudge the bumper value to 3000
- In doing so usually get enough USA to make stop and score worthwhile
- go for stop and score

or

- go for multiballs and flail around

The first strategy seems to actually lead to better scores for me? What do other people do?

#3010 3 years ago
Quoted from ajfclark:

go for multiballs and flail around

Not saying it's a good strategy, but it's what I do.
I love "Condition Green" too much.

#3011 3 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

I think Transporter has a higher value because it is more rare. Gameplay on Space Station is fun. Both good games. Either way is a good choice. I would probably keep TTR, because it might be hard to find another.

#3012 3 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Not saying it's a good strategy, but it's what I do.
I love "Condition Green" too much.

Yeah, The jackpot really doesn't seem to make it worthwhile? So maybe 500k the first time, but then 200k for the rest of the game pretty well?

5x stop and score can be around 500k if you can time it right, and there's an EkkyB in the USA lights too isn't there?

#3013 3 years ago

ok, tanx again guys

and after re-playing/testing more than few games of SS on VPX (which of course i know its not same as the real pin), i've decided to not go in that swap, TTR stay home for now

may be later about SS...

#3014 3 years ago

I'm in! Love me some System 11 (I've owned most of them)....finally found a reasonably prices SS....Shopped her out last week, put in Comet Frosted WW/Green in the GI and color matched inserts. Went with clear bumper caps so the artwork on the plastics above them aren't washed out (It's not as dim in real life, i adjusted the pic brightness down a bit). I don't typically "stray" from the OEM form, but i hated how the red caps washed things out.

Super happy with it!!

20200711_102936 (resized).jpg20200711_102936 (resized).jpg20200711_102957 (resized).jpg20200711_102957 (resized).jpg

#3015 3 years ago

Where cN you buy the green display?

#3016 3 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Where cN you buy the green display?

It came with the game. It's made by rottendog...and honestly i don't really care for it. Would gladly trade for an orange one.

#3017 3 years ago
Quoted from Oldschool77:

It came with the game. It's made by rottendog...and honestly i don't really care for it. Would gladly trade for an orange one.

Id trade if my original orange wasnt messed up. Really want a green for condition green mode

#3018 3 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Id trade if my original orange wasnt messed up. Really want a green for condition green mode

Well if i end up buying a set outright, i'll offer my green ones to you.

#3019 3 years ago
Quoted from Oldschool77:

Well if i end up buying a set outright, i'll offer my green ones to you.

Sweet, thanks and let me know!

#3020 3 years ago

Space Station is fun, but it is more known for it's light show and music which are top notch.

As for that right ramp? I rarely hit it. Mostly the left loop and try to spam the drop targets as much as possible.

#3021 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Space Station is fun, but it is more known for it's light show and music which are top notch.
As for that right ramp? I rarely hit it. Mostly the left loop and try to spam the drop targets as much as possible.

Yup, the sound and light show are essentially the reason I keep holding on to this one! Well, this and because it was my first pin. Ha

#3022 3 years ago

I find the lack of inlanes a compelling part of the game too. With super twitch slings, getting and maintaining control is an entertaining exercise.

#3023 3 years ago

SS is one of my favorites - love the unique lower playfield geometry, the rules are simple but fun, and the "condition green" is just about the coolest thing in pinball...

#3024 3 years ago

the wire gate in front of the space station broke off on my game while playing last night , part # 12-6752 so far I have been unable to find this anywhere does anyone have one on hand or could someone provide a source where I might be able to get one ?

#3025 3 years ago
Quoted from TecumsehPlissken:

the wire gate in front of the space station broke off on my game while playing last night , part # 12-6752 so far I have been unable to find this anywhere does anyone have one on hand or could someone provide a source where I might be able to get one ?

This happened to me too! I ended up getting some piano wire (https://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=piano) and bending it myself. Sorry, I forgot which wire thickness I used -- I ordered a few and the thicker ones were impossible to bend into the correct shape.

#3026 3 years ago

Where is there a wire gate in front of the space station?

#3027 3 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Where is there a wire gate in front of the space station?

It's underneath the station toy to protect the multiball kickout.

IMG_1823 (resized).JPGIMG_1823 (resized).JPG
#3028 3 years ago

Ok. I do have that. I thought you meant on the ramp.

#3029 3 years ago

Looking at it, that thing is going to take a lot of direct hit abuse. No wonder they break

#3030 3 years ago
Quoted from waveman:

This happened to me too! I ended up getting some piano wire (https://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=piano) and bending it myself. Sorry, I forgot which wire thickness I used -- I ordered a few and the thicker ones were impossible to bend into the correct shape.

I may end up going this route , I do have the wire bending jig & collection of wires that come in the set/kit that Marco sells as I had to buy that a few years ago to make one that was also unavailable for my Torpedo Alley

#3031 3 years ago

Search my posts in this thread I’m pretty sure I found one from Marco that worked.

#3032 3 years ago
Quoted from ChrisPINk25:

Search my posts in this thread I’m pretty sure I found one from Marco that worked.

Oh cool! I wish I had seen / remembered your post when I needed one.
Tempted to order one anyways...

Link for quick reference: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/space-station-club-members-only/page/39#post-4128547

#3033 3 years ago

I have a question on rubbers. The kit gave me the usuap hard to read instructions, and im trying to figire out if i have the tapered rubber in the right place. I pulled one off next to the ramp, so i put a new one on, but ipdb has a tapered one in front of the pop bumper, not at the ramp. Which way is correct? Attached pics of what im looking at.

20200717_184856 (resized).jpg20200717_184856 (resized).jpg20200717_184901 (resized).jpg20200717_184901 (resized).jpg20200717_184904 (resized).jpg20200717_184904 (resized).jpg
#3034 3 years ago

Also, in attract mode, do the green lights come on at all or no? The repay clicks, turns gi off, but is the green supposed to come on at that point?

#3035 3 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

I have a question on rubbers. The kit gave me the usuap hard to read instructions, and im trying to figire out if i have the tapered rubber in the right place. I pulled one off next to the ramp, so i put a new one on, but ipdb has a tapered one in front of the pop bumper, not at the ramp. Which way is correct? Attached pics of what im looking at.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I have regular sleeves at the ramp entrance, and a tapered one near the lock exit. All the sleeves near the pops and targets are regular ones.

20200717_185746 (resized).jpg20200717_185746 (resized).jpg20200717_185758 (resized).jpg20200717_185758 (resized).jpg

#3036 3 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Also, in attract mode, do the green lights come on at all or no? The repay clicks, turns gi off, but is the green supposed to come on at that point?

Yes, green should switch on periodically in attract. There are also points during attract where the GI turns off, and the green does not come on. The green is actually infrequent.

#3037 3 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

I have regular sleeves at the ramp entrance, and a tapered one near the lock exit. All the sleeves near the pops and targets are regular ones.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Ok, the kit has 2 tapered and thats what i had originally. Ill probably just keep it how i have it. Ill check the green mode after i get my leds tomorrow. Thanks!!

#3038 3 years ago

She says condition green in attract mode when the green turns on

#3039 3 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Ok, the kit has 2 tapered and thats what i had originally. Ill probably just keep it how i have it. Ill check the green mode after i get my leds tomorrow. Thanks!!

As per the manual, page 54, type lowercase k is the tapered bumpers:
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Under the space station:

Left side of the ramp (Otherwise it's easier to sneak past the drop, and you might nail the edge of the ramp too):

Quoted from amkoepfer:

Yes, but infrequently. Easier to test that solenoid in the test menu.

#3040 3 years ago
Quoted from waveman:

This is what I did too.

#3041 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

This is what I did too.

I've used SS TIG filler wire as well. Comes in a rang of thicknesses, etc.

#3042 3 years ago

I have a NOS Space Station playfield for sale if anyone is looking, $750 shipped in the lower 48. PM me if interested.. Thanks. MustangPaul

#3043 3 years ago
Quoted from ajfclark:

As per the manual, page 54, type lowercase k is the tapered bumpers:
[quoted image]
Under the space station:
[quoted image]
Left side of the ramp (Otherwise it's easier to sneak past the drop, and you might nail the edge of the ramp too):
[quoted image]

Yes, but infrequently. Easier to test that solenoid in the test menu.

Awesome. Thank you

#3044 3 years ago

Which relay controls the right half of the backbox gi? I have 1 strand out

#3045 3 years ago

Got it up and going for the most part with some bugs. Right side backbox gi doesnt work, left side condition green is out, letter t in shuttle, the right release insert light only has 1 wire with no nroken wires anywhere, the ball gets stuck in the shuttle kinda often, and i need a stronger spring for the plunger. Oh, and a flipper rebuild

#3046 3 years ago

Left green lights are working now. Just have to sort out backbox lights now

#3047 3 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

stuck in the shuttle

Station? You can adjust the height of the diverter with the mounting screw under the station.

#3048 3 years ago

I dont think height is the problem. It doesnt line up exactally right every time when it turns

#3049 3 years ago

It is turning clockwise or counter clockwise?
It should only turn counter clockwise.
The motor who is turning the diverter is an ac motor.
So it can it normally turn both direction.
The clockwise direction is blocked by the gearbox attached to the motor.
If your diverter is turning clockwise too then one gear in the gearbox is worn.
Then there are two options:
- change of the gear
- change of the whole motor with gearbox

The diverter can only align correctly if its turning counter clockwise. The optos are otherwise registering the wrong position as stop.

Greetings from germany
Jürgen

#3050 3 years ago
Quoted from RedFlash:

It is turning clockwise or counter clockwise?
It should only turn counter clockwise.
The motor who is turning the diverter is an ac motor.
So it can it normally turn both direction.
The clockwise direction is blocked by the gearbox attached to the motor.
If your diverter is turning clockwise too then one gear in the gearbox is worn.
Then there are two options:
- change of the gear
- change of the whole motor with gearbox
The diverter can only align correctly if its turning counter clockwise. The optos are otherwise registering the wrong position as stop.
Greetings from germany
Jürgen

Great info! I think its going counter, but i will verify.

Fyi, left side green is working now, but right side is not. Think ill rebuild all relay connectors and pins.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Machine - For Sale
Olympia, WA
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 4,188 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 84.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/space-station-club-members-only/page/61?hl=ajfclark and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.