pasted_image (resized).png
43C8D296-A5FA-419B-93CC-65960B176BDE (resized).jpeg
20211122_115930_2.gif
20211122_094510 (resized).jpg
20211121_215116 (resized).jpg
20211121_220652 (resized).jpg

There are 3,596 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 72.
#2951 1 year ago

OK, thank you for the information

Mike

#2952 1 year ago

Anyone know a good source of the GI relay boards? I have one that is not good and was hacked in the past and the other is semi functional. Marco's is out. I emailed great plains, but haven't heard back. A few other websites showed out of stock as well.

#2953 1 year ago

Call Todd Tuckey at TNT Amusenents

#2954 1 year ago
Quoted from Budman:

Thanks, I will try them.

#2955 1 year ago

I have been having an oddball problem with my game. Sometimes it happens at the beginning of the first game after it has been powered off for a while, but it can happen at any time. Both the pops and slings, along with their switches will stop working and then suddenly come alive and work. I have looked everywhere for anything resembling a short or something out of the ordinary but can’t find anything. I have also tried seeing if moving around any plugs made a difference but that didn’t. To me, it sounds like a cold solder joint somewhere or a loose wire, but i haven’t been able to find anything. Any ideas what I should check?

#2956 1 year ago
Quoted from AndHart120:

To me, it sounds like a cold solder joint somewhere or a loose wire, but i haven’t been able to find anything. Any ideas what I should check?

Does the right dock kickback stop working at the same time the pops and kicker stop?

#2957 1 year ago
Quoted from Budman:

Todd said he was looking for a source on these as well. Fingers crossed something pops up.

#2958 1 year ago

Sounds promising. I’m surprised he didn’t have a dozen laying around there somewhere.

#2959 1 year ago

Did something dumb...game working great..new rottendog board..was on a high roll when one of the pop bumpers switches closed..Didnt stop the game till heat and smell stopped me...burnt coil on lower pop bumper.

disconnected and fired up..now only half the coils work...no pop bumpers or ball kick out..all fuses fine..thought a fuse would blow before destroying the board..Did I ruin the board.?????

Have 6 games but this is the most complex....looking for help on where to start..diagnostics say switched 10 11 12 53 33 are out

THANKYOU

#2960 1 year ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

Does the right dock kickback stop working at the same time the pops and kicker stop?

OK yes for me......same coils are out..but I caused mine...what to replace?

#2961 1 year ago
Quoted from austinhealey:

OK yes for me......same coils are out..but I caused mine...what to replace?

You need to test the fuses on the aux power supply. You will also have some board work to do for the melted coil.

#2962 1 year ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Todd said he was looking for a source on these as well. Fingers crossed something pops up.

Might have 1 spare if you still need it. C-11998-1?
Am not in the US though.

#2963 1 year ago
Quoted from yyyyyikes:

Might have 1 spare if you still need it. C-11998-1?
Am not in the US though.

I will send you a message. Thanks!

#2964 1 year ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

You need to test the fuses on the aux power supply. You will also have some board work to do for the melted coil.

Fuses all fine........put in a replacement main board...no help.........frustrated that I could have stopped it...

#2965 1 year ago
Quoted from austinhealey:

disconnected and fired up..now only half the coils work...no pop bumpers or ball kick out..all fuses fine..thought a fuse would blow before destroying the board..Did I ruin the board.?????

Ruin is a strong word, maybe use slightly damaged.

Remove the aux power supply, ohm test the jumpers and look at the back of the board for a burnt trace.

#2966 1 year ago

Started by changing a light bulb then...

Full LED layout and OCD

Then broke the left flipper (it's half that size now, actually doesn't play bad with no rubber)

It's all a bit shabby...

Including the back of it.

Started to fill and paint it (should've sanded a bit more, i hate sanding)

Decals on.

Just the front to do.

Tomorrow (or day after), done. Then new flippers, connectors, boards, lamps, rubbers, switches...etc......et-bloody-cetera

question1.jpgFlipper.jpgSide.jpgBack.jpgPainted.jpgBackLeftDecced.jpgFronttoDO.jpg
#2967 1 year ago

Got the front decal on and....huge disappointment. This is the most important one and, the decal was much less adhesive and i had to reapply it a couple of times and i forgot to wipe my sanding dust off. In the end, can't really see from the photo, there's loads of air pockets - the texture is rough.

Don't suppose anyone knows if these can be ironed flat somehow? Like with a heat gun and a roller? (Or an iron).

Going to have to forget about it.....

So busied myself and added mirror blades (why not?).
Standard WPC blades but with a cut out for the pivot hinge.
If you're clever you can get the blade to sit on the pivot bushing. Cutting this stuff is a bugger, in the end i drilled, hacked and then just snapped it with pliers into shape, hammered it flat and filed off the sharp edges.

I found the best way to fit these (after god knows how long) is to line the top of the blade with the bottom of the glass rail accepter (don't know the real term, it's the bit that goes across the top under the backbox. And line up the back of the blade with the siderail bolt at the back (i.e. just jam it against it, not too hard as you may want to get that bolt out).
You can take the nut and washer off the bolt and use it to secure the blade, plus this should provide a ground point for the blade.

Front decal.jpgMirrors.jpg
#2968 1 year ago

yyyyyikes Where did you get the Space Station cabinet decals from? I have not art on mine and would love to get it back to original.

#2969 1 year ago

Done.....for now (waiting for cointaker). And yes that's half the GI in the back box. Burnt out stuff - there's shed loads of it.

Twice as many flashers now, just what this game needed!
Didn't realise these were black mirrors, sure i was saving them for something else....

Finished.jpgFlash.jpg
#2970 1 year ago
Quoted from ChrisPINk25:

yyyyyikes Where did you get the Space Station cabinet decals from? I have not art on mine and would love to get it back to original.

I got them years ago from Retro Refurbs, but can't find any more now - could do with the front one again to be honest.

#2971 1 year ago

Such a great pin! Is my first pin and learned a lot from it. I have the green display and also did all leds and new plastics. Also had to fix the right ramp as well as replace optos on divertor. Replaced relay cubes for the head and pf lights. And did vids flipper rebuild. Love this pin!! Oh and truly it is my wife's since I bought it for her in xmas of 2012.

#2972 1 year ago

The black mirror blades make sense for the darkness of space! I dig it man.

#2973 1 year ago
Quoted from yyyyyikes:

I got them years ago from Retro Refurbs, but can't find any more now - could do with the front one again to be honest.

I think Space Station is one of the games that Retro Refurbs quit providing when PPS threatened him over lack of Wms license. Which is too bad since PPS does not offer official ones.

#2974 1 year ago
Quoted from RCA1:

I think Space Station is one of the games that Retro Refurbs quit providing when PPS threatened him over lack of Wms license. Which is too bad since PPS does not offer official ones.

Yeah, I think you're correct. Didn't know it was PPS - which is Planetary Pinball right? I'm already annoyed with them as I have a big import charge to pay!

Got a good response from Pete at Retro Refurbs today though, seems that if i'm good at doing what i'm doing (i'm not) then a heat gun and cloth will flatten out the decal.

Going to save that horrible job (i've already cut holes and re-assembled), for after the now broken transformer (maybe) is rewound and the busted g.i. board is repinned and reconnected.

How much money and time are you supposed to throw into these things? I could have put my non-existent children through college and onto a flight to a real space station years ago. In real terms, the time it takes to fix and make good a pin is the same time it takes to break 6 pins. Unless it is creature from the black lagoon which is a revenant. Babbling again...

#2975 1 year ago

And speaking of space stations, observation is out half price on steam. https://store.steampowered.com/app/906100/Observation/

#2976 1 year ago

Hello! new to the club. I am @ work and cannot access IPDB (its blocked. IDK...) and I'm looking to print a copy of the manual before I start teardown and build-up. Can anyone direct me to a source for the PDF that isnt IPDB?

#2977 1 year ago
Quoted from BulkOfTheSeries:

Hello! new to the club. I am @ work and cannot access IPDB (its blocked. IDK...) and I'm looking to print a copy of the manual before I start teardown and build-up. Can anyone direct me to a source for the PDF that isnt IPDB?

Any luck with this yet? I have a copy if you need it.

#2978 1 year ago
Quoted from yyyyyikes:

Any luck with this yet? I have a copy if you need it.

No luck yet actually.

#2979 1 year ago

im back in the club

#2980 1 year ago

Why did you sell the first time and why did you rejoin the club?
I ask because I am thinking about joining... looks fun but not a ton going on in this game. Am I wrong?

#2981 1 year ago
Quoted from Budman:

I ask because I am thinking about joining... looks fun but not a ton going on in this game. Am I wrong?

It just happens...I'm on my third EATPM and won't sell again!

#2982 1 year ago
Quoted from Budman:

Having no inlanes is what makes this machine for me. The the slings up super sensitive and it's really unforgiving of missed catches... And catches you'll make because there's few other ways to control the ball.

Trying to control, catch and time the Stop n Go bonus when it's on 5x is hectic, the multiball is hectic, the music is awesome... It's a really intense machine.

#2983 1 year ago

ISS docked with SpaceX's Dragon today... I hope somebody played their Space Station today !!!
-mof

#2984 1 year ago
Quoted from Budman:

i sold because i had to fix my car hehe... emergency

#2985 1 year ago

Big progress today thanks to yyyyyikes

He was very kind and sent me a relay to help me get my GI back up.

Warm white comet 2smd and green 2smd are in the GI and the condition green. I swapped out the orange domes with red. The plastics are NOS courtesy of ChrisPINk25

I have a couple other things to sort out. Remote battery holder and a couple of the bulbs in the backboard.

20200604_010203.jpg20200604_011933.jpg
#2986 1 year ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Warm white comet 2smd and green 2smd are in the GI and the condition green. I swapped out the orange domes with red.

Looks great dude. love the 2smds - have got a load of greens ready to put in, use them on all my other pins - sooooooo bright, makes playing so much easier and better.

just have to fix everything else first. replaced the left flipper today, then literally 2 games later...

RFlip.jpg
#2987 1 year ago

Doh! Man I have been there. Fix up a thing or two and then another thing pops up.

I got more done today on mine. Put in the remote battery holder. I finished with LED's in the backbox (minus 906 flashers).
I have a bit of speaker hum. I unscrewed the sound board to break contact with the backbox which significantly reduced the hum. There most be something with the ground there. The braids and wires all look pretty good. I hear this is fairly common. I attempted to put a taped washer on each of the 4 points, but the hum came right back. I will probably try to grab some plastic/nylon type washers and see if that does it.

I also have a tilt bob to put in as it was missing when I got the game. Hopefully can print up some instruction cards as well.

Of course I played 10-15 games on it as well. Having a good time playing it again.

#2988 1 year ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

I finished with LED's in the backbox (minus 906 flashers).
I have a bit of speaker hum. I unscrewed the sound board to break contact with the backbox which significantly reduced the hum. There most be something with the ground there. The braids and wires all look pretty good. I hear this is fairly common. I attempted to put a taped washer on each of the 4 points, but the hum came right back. I will probably try to grab some plastic/nylon type washers and see if that does it.

Interesting you say this, got really bad hum straight after doing the machine up - had to think it was changing to LEDs, but definitely the transformer is making an awful sound - i swapped out the speakers which does make it sound a bit better (better in general) but the tranny is still screaming, even when the load is unplugged, i think it needs a rewind. And now, as of yesterday, the Space Station makes a horrible grinding sound as it turns which it never did before.
Plus the sling switches are all knackered and just fire repeatedly.

#2989 1 year ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

I got it figured out. Corroded plug for the switches.

#2990 1 year ago

I put nylon washers on both sides of the sound board for each of the four screws. This helped with the hum. It is not gone, but is much quieter.

2 weeks later
#2991 1 year ago

Hey guys- I’m finally getting close to getting my Space Station fully playable but I’m still having some issues with the sound and speech though. I currently have no speech and get some really odd high pitch sounds sometimes during game play and especially after the game is over. I’ve swapped the mpu and sound board from Big Guns but I still have the same issues. Any ideas? Thanks

#2992 1 year ago

Ground issue? Ribbon cable?

#2993 1 year ago
Quoted from ChrisPINk25:

Ground issue? Ribbon cable?

I did swap the ribbon cable too. I’ll take a look at the grounds tomorrow. Thanks

1 week later
#2994 1 year ago

Just joined the club! No g.i. lights and only half of the backbox lights so i have to troubleshoot that. Excited though!

20200705_115459 (resized).jpg
#2995 1 year ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Just joined the club! No g.i. lights and only half of the backbox lights so i have to troubleshoot that. Excited though!
[quoted image]

Congrats! Connectors are a good place to start. Those relays under the playfield are what fixed up my game.

#2996 1 year ago

no burned up connectors, i need to check the relays. Javemt really dug into it too far yet

#2997 1 year ago

Messed with some connectors. Had upper right backbox for a bit and very weak gi, then it went out again. No idea what i did

#2998 1 year ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Congrats! Connectors are a good place to start. Those relays under the playfield are what fixed up my game.

What relays under the playfield are for the g.i.? Location? Thanks!

#2999 1 year ago

Nevermind, i found them. Connectors look good, resat them, still no g.i.

#3000 1 year ago

I'd start from the start and check voltages from the transformer at the connector on the right of interconnect board, then the fuses, etc.

There are 3,596 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 72.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside