20240226_191625 (resized).jpg
20240226_191654 (resized).jpg
20240226_191755 (resized).jpg
20240226_192004 (resized).jpg
20240226_191843 (resized).jpg
20240219_220145 (resized).jpg
20240219_220140 (resized).jpg
20240219_220127 (resized).jpg

There are 4,171 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 84.
#2901 4 years ago

Has anyone got the replacement ROMs for their Space Station? I am getting ROMs for my Roadshow and thinking about getting one for my Space Station but hoping someone can provide feedback if its worth it and how it effects gameplay and enjoyment of the machine.

Game Version L-5

U26 : Checksum: 5194

U27 : Checksum: 983E

Sound Version L-1

U4 : Checksum: 07B0

Speech Version L-1

U19 : Checksum: DCAF

U21 : Checksum: A754

U22 : Checksum: FB4C

#2902 4 years ago
Quoted from kechlesurf:

Has anyone got the replacement ROMs for their Space Station? I am getting ROMs for my Roadshow and thinking about getting one for my Space Station but hoping someone can provide feedback if its worth it and how it effects gameplay and enjoyment of the machine.
Game Version L-5
Sound Version L-1
Speech Version L-1

Hey brother, I would recommend you double check what ROMs you actually have in your game right now. I haven't done exhaustive research but it looks like those are the only ROMs out there. If you do have something else it might be unique.

#2903 4 years ago
Quoted from kechlesurf:

Game Version L-5
Sound Version L-1
Speech Version L-1

L-5 appears to be the latest.

1 week later
#2904 4 years ago

Anyone know what this piece of foam/weatherstrip is called or a place to order it from? Half of mine is missing.

IMG_20200207_202820 (resized).jpgIMG_20200207_202820 (resized).jpg
#2905 4 years ago
Quoted from BlitzM4:

Anyone know what this piece of foam/weatherstrip is called or a place to order it from? Half of mine is missing.[quoted image]

My game doesn’t have that

#2906 4 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

My game doesn’t have that

Does yours just have a gap there? I can see the wiring in the cabinet through the gap.

#2907 4 years ago
Quoted from BlitzM4:

Does yours just have a gap there? I can see the wiring in the cabinet through the gap.

Hmmm, I’ll look later and report

#2908 4 years ago

Translite for sale, not mine

ebay.com link: 0

#2909 4 years ago

Trying to find the part number for this plastic piece or a source for one. Goes on the jet bumper, mine is missing.

Thanks!
Annotation 2020-02-12 162324 (resized).jpgAnnotation 2020-02-12 162324 (resized).jpg

#2910 4 years ago

I might have a used one of those , will check tomorrow as I am not near where it might be

#2911 4 years ago
Quoted from BlitzM4:

Trying to find the part number for this plastic piece or a source for one. Goes on the jet bumper, mine is missing.
Thanks!
[quoted image]

I just bought a set of new plastics and wouldn’t you know it, this one is missing from that too! I’ll try to use the current one or make one myself.

#2912 4 years ago
Quoted from BlitzM4:

Anyone know what this piece of foam/weatherstrip is called or a place to order it from? Half of mine is missing.[quoted image]

5CE150FE-19AA-42F0-9A9A-3E52DA7F400D (resized).jpeg5CE150FE-19AA-42F0-9A9A-3E52DA7F400D (resized).jpeg5FAF1B0D-6FB6-4D71-90C3-3B92844233A6 (resized).jpeg5FAF1B0D-6FB6-4D71-90C3-3B92844233A6 (resized).jpeg
#2913 4 years ago
#2914 4 years ago

That’s odd, I don’t see the point in it, I have several system 11’s and none of them have foam anywhere like that

#2915 4 years ago
Quoted from BlitzM4:

Thanks!
[quoted image]

Mine is missing that same one!!!

#2916 4 years ago

That piece has black standoffs as well. Mine are missing from it.

1 week later
#2917 4 years ago

Space Station Rings Replacement Diagram

14 --- 7/16" O.D.
4 --- 5/16"
2 --- 3/4"
1 --- 1"
1 --- 1 1/4"
3 --- 1 1/2"
2 --- 2"
2 --- 2 1/2"
2 --- Flipper

Space Station Rings.pdfSpace Station Rings.pdf
#2918 4 years ago

Space Station Post Sleeve Replacement Diagram

8 --- Standard
2 --- Tapered (Bell)

Space Station Post Sleeves.pdfSpace Station Post Sleeves.pdf
#2919 4 years ago

Nice guide! I knew mine had the wrong rubbers in a few locations from the previous owner(s). I might have to go and correct these now!

#2920 4 years ago

So since that is posted. Anyone have an issue with the ball getting stuck behind the ramp drop target? Mine slips between the bell rubber and the target. Fortunately the ball find shakes it out so I dont' have to take the glass off. I've not been able to prevent it from happening though.

#2921 4 years ago

Zablon my drop target did the same thing. I moved it slightly underneath to allow the ball to roll out from behind the target when this happens.

#2922 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

So since that is posted. Anyone have an issue with the ball getting stuck behind the ramp drop target? Mine slips between the bell rubber and the target. Fortunately the ball find shakes it out so I dont' have to take the glass off. I've not been able to prevent it from happening though.

That used to happen all the time on my Space Station, and sometimes, the drop target would have to drop to release the ball from being stuck. I actually shaved my post sleeve a little sot it would not get stuck there.

1 week later
#2923 4 years ago

Went through and diagrammed my LED replacement. Tried to keep the original feel of the lighting while adding a little more pop. Hopefully it helps someone else. You have to open the PDF to see all the pages. I kept the original playfield flasher bulbs because it seemed like too much work to modify the game for LED flashers.

Space Station LED Replacement Diagram

Space Station LED.pdfSpace Station LED.pdf
#2924 4 years ago

If anyone is looking to sell, let me know!

#2925 4 years ago

My right flipper capacitor got loose and I have reconnected it but the right flipper still does not work, the left flipper works fine. What other areas should I look at in order to find and fix the issue?

#2926 4 years ago
Quoted from kechlesurf:

What other areas should I look at in order to find and fix the issue?

The fuse.

#2927 4 years ago

Thats also what i figured. I tested all fuses (believe it was F5 taht was to the right flipper but could be wrong as i am not looking at it now) and they all work.

I have pictures of the right flipper for space station that i found in this thread. But my right flipper was done different from the pics as there are a total of (5) wires going to the coil and capacitor. The left flipper only has 4 but the right flipper has an extra red wire that connected to the capacitor to somewhere else. Unfortunately, when the flipper stopped working and I looked under the playfield, the capacitor and this "red wire" were not connected anywhere and do not have a picture of where it was connected before it broke.

But I did find a picture from a post that I did from two years ago when i replaced the coil on the right flipper but had issues when i turned the game on and nothing would happen when I would hit the start button.

SS Right Flipper Pic 2018 (resized).JPGSS Right Flipper Pic 2018 (resized).JPG
#2928 4 years ago
Quoted from kechlesurf:

But I did find a picture from a post that I did from two years ago when i replaced the coil

If it is still wired like this pic your are going to have issues.

#2929 4 years ago
Quoted from BlitzM4:

Went through and diagrammed my LED replacement. Tried to keep the original feel of the lighting while adding a little more pop. Hopefully it helps someone else. You have to open the PDF to see all the pages. I kept the original playfield flasher bulbs because it seemed like too much work to modify the game for LED flashers.
Space Station LED Replacement Diagram[quoted image]

Dang. Nice document to share.

Thanks

#2930 4 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

If it is still wired like this pic your are going to have issues.

Thanks for the help Grumpy, always appreciated. I followed the picture you sent me a few years ago as well as your guidance:

1. There should only be 4 wires on the coil.
2. Connection #3 should have a blue/yellow wire. Nothing else.
3. Connection #2 should have blue wire which also connects to the EOS switch.
4. Connection #1 should have a pair of wires, a blue/violet and a blue wire which also goes to the EOS switch.
5. Now the cap wires do not go to the coil, they connect to the EOS switch with the blue wires. Direction does not matter.

After I did the above, the F4 fuse would blow when the game was turned on. So I did something wrong as well as the display is now out.

I also got a new capacitor from Marcos (Capacitor 2.2 uF 250v axial NP yellow, C2.2M250VA-NP)

Space Station Right Flipper (resized).pngSpace Station Right Flipper (resized).png
#2931 4 years ago
Quoted from kechlesurf:

After I did the above, the F4 fuse would blow when the game was turned on.

Replace the diodes on the coil and install the new cap you ordered. Replace the fuse and retest. Let me know what happens.

1 month later
#2932 3 years ago

Just got a space station and am very happy with it, love the shots and challenging ramp.

My machine has a NOS playfield but the right outlane looks to be different than standard. It appears they were thinking of putting in another kick-back. Anyone have any details on this?

IMG_20200427_071850 (resized).jpgIMG_20200427_071850 (resized).jpg
#2933 3 years ago

Does any know the general illumination in wiring order? Starting with the key on the left I can see it its yellow yellow the other two I cannot decipher.

Power Supply (resized).pngPower Supply (resized).png
#2934 3 years ago
Quoted from mr9865:

Does any know the general illumination in wiring order? Starting with the key on the left I can see it its yellow yellow the other two I cannot decipher.[quoted image]

I believe i figured this out, the other two are yellow with a white stripe. I initially thought all the cables were just yellow.

#2935 3 years ago
Quoted from ViperJelly:

Just got a space station and am very happy with it, love the shots and challenging ramp.
My machine has a NOS playfield but the right outlane looks to be different than standard. It appears they were thinking of putting in another kick-back. Anyone have any details on this?[quoted image]

Interesting. I have no idea, but my elderly father would love that. He gets so annoyed with that side drain

#2936 3 years ago
Quoted from EdisonArcade:

Interesting. I have no idea, but my elderly father would love that. He gets so annoyed with that side drain

To be clear it still just gives you 100,000 but I was expecting a kickback the first few games I played.

#2937 3 years ago
Quoted from ViperJelly:

To be clear it still just gives you 100,000 but I was expecting a kickback the first few games I played.

The other change they made was removing the single drop in front of the left orbit/centre vuk. The playfield art still shows the outline of the cutout, though I've often wondered exactly how they'd have to rearrange things under the playfield to make the mech fit. Mine rejects from that shot a bit at the moment anyway, so it's kind of like having a drop there anyway...

#2938 3 years ago
Quoted from ajfclark:

The other change they made was removing the single drop in front of the left orbit/centre vuk. The playfield art still shows the outline of the cutout, though I've often wondered exactly how they'd have to rearrange things under the playfield to make the mech fit. Mine rejects from that shot a bit at the moment anyway, so it's kind of like having a drop there anyway...

Is it the VUK that keeps rejecting? I had the same problem so I took a foam pad for a standup, cut it in half, and placed it on the VUK post.

#2939 3 years ago
Quoted from La4s:

Is it the VUK that keeps rejecting? I had the same problem so I took a foam pad for a standup, cut it in half, and placed it on the VUK post.

I haven't stripped it down to have a look, but I'm pretty sure at least one post back there has been moved and the wireform for that VUK isn't in the right place on mine.

Any chance of a picture?

#2940 3 years ago

I started to rebuild my pop bumpers (First time doing this, space station is my first game) After completing the first one, it wont fire anymore. I took my multimeter to the coil on resistance and it reported back 4.1. When I push down the pop by hand it registers a score. I did notice a loose yellow wire that i attached back to the switch (guessed on where it went) Could someone take a picture of the switch in question?

space station (resized).jpgspace station (resized).jpg
#2941 3 years ago

The coil fires during the test mode.

#2942 3 years ago

Space station uses 2 switches to work the pops, one for scoring (the one that works during switch test) and the other on the spoon. The spoon switch directly triggers the transistors that fire the coils. Check that the spoon switch is closing when the skirt is moved (watch your fingers the coil may fire), and that the wiring is similar to the working pops.

#2943 3 years ago

double post

#2944 3 years ago

Hello,
i am searching for a good scan of the translight because i can't find one in europe. so i have to print it.

thank you

Mike

#2945 3 years ago

i had to remove my mylar because many inserts still went up..
playfield is ok, but many of the inserts are destroyed

now i'm also looking for the insert graphics

thx Mike

#2946 3 years ago

insert graphics were available, may still be

#2948 3 years ago
Quoted from mr9865:

I did notice a loose yellow wire that i attached back to the switch (guessed on where it went) Could someone take a picture of the switch in question?

Funny I was adjusting the lower pop on my game. If the pop wont fire it is the yellow wire attached to the spoon switch so the white wire in this picture right next to the Z connector. the orange wire is on the switches other tab.

IMG_2255 (resized).JPGIMG_2255 (resized).JPG
#2949 3 years ago
Quoted from bpull:

Love My Space Station!
[quoted image] [quoted image] [quoted image]

is there an STL File for printing available ?

thx Mike

#2950 3 years ago
Quoted from Netsepp:

is there an STL File for printing available ?
thx Mike

These are ones I vacuumed formed just like the original. Sold quite a few. There is an alternative one on thingiverse that looks cool but I like the original look.
I might have a few left if you are interested.
Brian

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
London, ON
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball
Led
$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom
Led
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Duluth, GA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
There are 4,171 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 84.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/space-station-club-members-only/page/59 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.