20240226_184548 (resized).jpg
20240226_191733 (resized).jpg
20240226_191625 (resized).jpg
20240226_191654 (resized).jpg
20240226_191755 (resized).jpg
20240226_192004 (resized).jpg
20240226_191843 (resized).jpg
20240219_220145 (resized).jpg
There are 4,188 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 84.
#2851 4 years ago
Quoted from reconsider59:

Got one pop bumper that just refuses to work. Doesn't work in test, or manually pushing it, or during gameplay in any way.

Which one?

#2852 4 years ago

Whoops wrong thread. Sorry.

IMG_20191020_164245294 (resized).jpgIMG_20191020_164245294 (resized).jpg
#2853 4 years ago

Left. Sol 21, they call it "Center" in the manual.

#2854 4 years ago

Left. Sol 21, they call it "Center" in the manual.

Get out the logic probe and place game in coil test. Stop on solenoid #21. Test U-50 pins 1,2 and 3. Let me know what you get.

nor (resized).pngnor (resized).png
1 week later
#2855 4 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

Get out the logic probe and place game in coil test. Stop on solenoid #21. Test U-50 pins 1,2 and 3. Let me know what you get.[quoted image]

Thanks for this, @grumpy. Finally getting back to this.

I got:

"Low" on 1, with flashes of "high."

"High" on 2, with flashes of "low."

Consistent "low" on 3.

#2856 4 years ago

I'm getting an "Adjust Switch 55" message—but the left flipper still works. Tried cleaning the switch, but no dice.

Any thoughts?

#2857 4 years ago

I'm getting an "Adjust Switch 55" message—but the left flipper still works. Tried cleaning the switch, but no dice.
Any thoughts?

I think 55 refers to the lane switch on the flipper switch - look at this page:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-space-station-high-score-initials-issue

#2858 4 years ago

Thanks for this, grumpy. Finally getting back to this.
I got:
"Low" on 1, with flashes of "high."
"High" on 2, with flashes of "low."
Consistent "low" on 3.

You need to replace U-50.

Any thoughts?

Test the diode.

#2859 4 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

You need to replace U-50.

Awesome. Thank you for this! A new one is on the way from Marcos. Can you help me understand why this is the case?

I'm glad to finally use the logic probe, and seemingly use it right...but how did you know that the results I got, then say that I need to replace this thing? I'd love to understand this stuff better!

Quoted from GRUMPY:

Test the diode.

Seems it's busted! Thanks for this. A new one is on the way. Hopefully all will be right after Thursday's delivery!

1 week later
#2860 4 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Thanks MustangPaul!
here's a preview...

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

These little guys are awesome! I searched for lego space guys and have found similar guys but where did you get the arm that hold the figurines? I think that is what makes it stick out more.

#2861 4 years ago

Morning Everyone,
My Space Station has been playing great for a while now but the other night, had people over and we were all playing pinball and the right flipper on Space Station got weak. I opened it up and it appears a wire came off but could not tell where it was supposed to go. Honestly, whoever did the wiring/soldering did a messy job and probably should go ahead and redo it just because.

Can anyone send a few pics of their right flipper so I can compare to mine and be sure I connect the wires correctly when i redo the work. One of the wires that is still connected is charred and frayed so going to redo it as well. The coil is newer and everything else looks great but there are a few wires that dont and it is time to do some work on it. Thanks!

#2862 4 years ago

Pulled these out of my shop out files, so here’s both flippers.

8C17FD7B-4843-4C52-9417-0365280815DE (resized).jpeg8C17FD7B-4843-4C52-9417-0365280815DE (resized).jpegAF8AD237-AAD4-4003-A2CA-D2874DE43AF0 (resized).jpegAF8AD237-AAD4-4003-A2CA-D2874DE43AF0 (resized).jpeg
#2863 4 years ago

Thanks for posting that, will definitely help as I can do some work but by no means an expert. If it wasnt for the internet and the great people of pinside, I would be lost. I will compare when I get home but it looks much different than mine does. I do not see the capacitor (or whatever the piece is called that is ziptied)

#2864 4 years ago
Quoted from kechlesurf:

These little guys are awesome! I searched for lego space guys and have found similar guys but where did you get the arm that hold the figurines? I think that is what makes it stick out more.

Thank you, I have a large collection of LEGO parts to pull from and I found those pieces that looked like space mechanical arms. The coolest part about those little guys, is that the MMU was made and designed by a lego master designer

#2865 4 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Thank you, I have a large collection of LEGO parts to pull from and I found those pieces that looked like space mechanical arms. The coolest part about those little guys, is that the MMU was made and designed by a lego master designer

Awesome. I did some research and it looks like the mechanical arms came from the Marvel Super Heroes Doc. Once I get my right flipper fixed, going to look into adding this mod to my Space Station to give it a little personality

#2866 4 years ago
Quoted from kechlesurf:

Awesome. I did some research and it looks like the mechanical arms came from the Marvel Super Heroes Doc. Once I get my right flipper fixed, going to look into adding this mod to my Space Station to give it a little personality

Bricklink is a great place to start for individual parts

1 week later
#2867 4 years ago

Hey guys - just joined the club last Saturday. Picked up a Station that is in great shape and having a blast with it so far. Just a few little annoying issues to work out.

Just curious if its a common thing, or anyone else has experienced this issue;

I'd say 2 out of 3 times when I lock the ball in the Right Dock, the ball falls through the hole past the diverter, and hangs up underneath, between the ramp and the wire guide rail, never falling on the switch or making it back to the playfield where the right kickout solenoid is. I either have to tilt the game to shake it loose or remove the glass to free it, which is a major buzzkill when you're about to start a multiball

Tried "adjusting" that guide rail, but it's pretty resilient. Thought about making a acrylic or metal piece for underneath there to prevent this.

74335FEF-476A-4E6B-900B-B41681417E14 (resized).jpeg74335FEF-476A-4E6B-900B-B41681417E14 (resized).jpeg
#2868 4 years ago

This top-down picture doesn't exactly show what I'm saying, but it sounds to me like your left wire ball guide has been pushed down to the surface of the playfield. The guide should be up at a level that contacts the middle of the ball.

playfield-02 (resized).jpgplayfield-02 (resized).jpg

#2869 4 years ago

Slightly better picture...

08-05-30-39-Shopping (resized).jpg08-05-30-39-Shopping (resized).jpg

#2870 4 years ago

Just a couple pictures from my shop job that show the wire form on the right lock a little closer.
IMG_20190101_193349 (resized).jpgIMG_20190101_193349 (resized).jpgIMG_20190101_203012 (resized).jpgIMG_20190101_203012 (resized).jpg

#2871 4 years ago

Wire for wasn’t pushed down, at least not noticeably. I had the ramp off and gave it a little adjustment with some pliers. And adjusted it again because the ball was closing the dock switch lol.

Also took off the apron and gave all the ball trough a clean and tightened everything. Ever other ball ejected would sit on the edge of the hole on the shooter lane.

Other then that I’m probably just going to rebuild the flippers. The game is pretty clean and has the day 1 Mylar on it. I’ll play it for a bit and then probably tear down the playfield, clean and change out some of the leds after the holidays.

655A964E-5E2A-4FE1-A5C5-FCEA06F12277 (resized).jpeg655A964E-5E2A-4FE1-A5C5-FCEA06F12277 (resized).jpegAED71DE8-1587-4434-AD33-3C695E5BBB54 (resized).jpegAED71DE8-1587-4434-AD33-3C695E5BBB54 (resized).jpeg
#2872 4 years ago

As a short term fix, I chucked a business card in between the rail and the post.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Dated 2018/01/11 so I should rally get around to fixing it. Forgot I'd done it though.

#2873 4 years ago

I started putting LED's in the underside of my game today. I had used comet 2smd frosted. The left side target inserts were too much when blinking though. So I ordered some 1 SMD bulbs to put in there. In my short play test everything else looks pretty good so far. I went ahead and put red, white, and blue in the USA lanes up top and those look great.

#2874 4 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

I started putting LED's in the underside of my game today. I had used comet 2smd frosted. The left side target inserts were too much when blinking though. So I ordered some 1 SMD bulbs to put in there. In my short play test everything else looks pretty good so far. I went ahead and put red, white, and blue in the USA lanes up top and those look great.

I've found that LED flashers are sentitive to the field collapse on some of the coils (e.g. flippers) and tend to light briefly. Anyone else seen this? Is there a good fix other than leaving a few incandescent #89s in to absorb the energy?

#2875 4 years ago
Quoted from ajfclark:

I've found that LED flashers are sentitive to the field collapse on some of the coils (e.g. flippers) and tend to light briefly. Anyone else seen this? Is there a good fix other than leaving a few incandescent #89s in to absorb the energy?

I have not yet replaced any of the flashers or topside lights. I will give it a shot though and post some feedback once I get to to a teardown and cleanup my game. Hopefully that will be in the next week or two depending on which game I tackle first. My Space station plays great just needs shopped. I have a doctor who that will hopefully be playing when my mpu gets here.

#2876 4 years ago
Quoted from ajfclark:

I don't know if mine flash, there is enough going on to distract me. You idea of leaving an incandescent in line makes sense to me. I have done that with line voltage lighting (in buildings) when using a motion sensor. I was getting some weird strobing going on and fixed it with one incandescent in line. I have since found motion sensors that work with LED's

#2877 4 years ago
Quoted from ajfclark:

Anyone else seen this? Is there a good fix other than leaving a few incandescent #89s in to absorb the energy?

Move 4 diodes from the aux power supply to the coils.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/adding-led-flashers-to-system-11-games#post-2885560

#2878 4 years ago

@Gumpy, you're a gun! Happy new year. Thanks for your help over the journey.

1 week later
#2879 4 years ago

Hi space lovers,

I've had sort of the same problems as RECONSIDER59 described with Q4 resulting in strange behaviour on left kickback, spinning and/or missaligned spacestation. The thing with my problems is that they seems to be intermittent. I thing i've changed the Q4 about 5 times and also, a couple of times the TIP122 (102) and/or its pre driver. I think i now have tried everything but the problem will not be fixed.

Any suggestions?

Things i've tried so far
LEFT KICKBACK
testing for shorts - from coil to resitor board (the one in front under the playfield), the TIP 36c and other components around the AUX/driverboard, TIP122 and its pre-driver on the CPU board

Ohm-tested the coil - it within specs

Testing voltage - around 70V both lugs to ground (should be 50 VDC but with no load i guess its also within specs)

Voltage trom transformator shows steady 50vdc

No signs of the bridge rectifier being broken either...

When coil-testing the coil fires maybee 20-30 times without problems but then it locks on (is energized) and stays that way until, either the Q4 blows and/or F4 blows.

It drives me nuts!

Could this be a CPU/PIA or other chip problem? I have a logic tester but i havent tried it out yet.

Hi from Sweden!

#2880 4 years ago

Checked leaf switch for proper gap and cleaned for good measure?
Is this a leaf switch or micro switch sorry can't remember right of hand?

#2881 4 years ago

Its a micro switch and registers allright in test mode.

Quoted from heni1977:

Checked leaf switch for proper gap and cleaned for good measure?
Is this a leaf switch or micro switch sorry can't remember right of hand?

1 week later
#2882 4 years ago

Hi everyone!
Finally I got a new playfield for my Space station. It only took a year or so
Now I need som help from you guys...
I need a new motor for the diverter. There is one on eBay, but the seller wont ship to Sweden.
Can some one of you guys buy it, and send it to me?
Or does anyone here have one available?

Thanks

// Patrik

EDA5174E-0DE8-452F-9682-AB8BCFC13DA9 (resized).pngEDA5174E-0DE8-452F-9682-AB8BCFC13DA9 (resized).png
#2883 4 years ago

Every March I send a package to Orebro. I suspect I will again this year. If you are close to there I could piggy back it.

Marco offers this motor They may ship if you need it sooner
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/14-7941-2

#2884 4 years ago
Quoted from Platypus:

Every March I send a package to Orebro. I suspect I will again this year. If you are close to there I could piggy back it.

If it's any help/consolation, I've purchased this motor from Marco and installed it on my SS, and it's been great!

#2885 4 years ago

Hi everyone
sorry to ask again, but i'm probably not the first one asking for this, but it seems I can't find a straight answer anywhere on the forum. just send me the link if you find it.

I want to change my incadescent light on my Space station to LED
how many of each lamp do I need
is there a list outthere or at least the model number of each? and I'll change hem as I go on the playfield and head.
I figured I willl need #55 White, #44 White and green, and the bigger ones that look like #55 but larger!
any help apreciated, thanks

#2886 4 years ago

I just counted mine as best as I could and ordered some extras, I started a spreadsheet but it's not complete. I just looked through my old orders thinking I could work off of those, But I did multiple orders. So sorry I don't have a complete list.

The manual helps with counting the flashers. Inserts can be counted with the playfield up.

#2887 4 years ago
Quoted from Platypus:

I just counted mine as best as I could and ordered some extras, I started a spreadsheet but it's not complete. I just looked through my old orders thinking I could work off of those, But I did multiple orders. So sorry I don't have a complete list.
The manual helps with counting the flashers. Inserts can be counted with the playfield up.

Thanks Platypus, would you have the model number? I did figured 55 and 44, but somes of the ones in the head and under the orange and red plastic on the pf, seems bigger.

#2888 4 years ago
Quoted from ziplafly:

Thanks Platypus, would you have the model number? I did figured 55 and 44, but somes of the ones in the head and under the orange and red plastic on the pf, seems bigger.

My game and manual are out on loan so I havn't much to reference. The GI and most of the insert lights are 5v, the flashers (including those in the back box)are 12v. and then there are the 3 1251's at 28v (I wired mine in series to use 12v). for GI many people like the cool white for this game but I prefer the warmer white. I always use frosted lenses. some of the bulbs around the mini playfield originally had yellow condoms, I ordered new rubbers and put those on leds, I like that effect. for under playfield bulbs that light the inserts I like to match the insert color

besides the 55 and 44 lamps you will need 89 and 906 for the flashers the game documentation should be helpful incoming up with a count. for the GI and cond green I would count from the bottom of the playfield by following the wire routing.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image2 (resized).pngpasted_image2 (resized).png
#2889 4 years ago
Quoted from Platypus:

My game and manual are out on loan so I havn't much to reference.

Full manual is available for PDF download on IPDB.org.

Quoted from ziplafly:

seems bigger.

The larger bulbs are flashlamps. Simple suggestion, leave those as incandescent. The LED flashlamps are REALLY bright. If you really want to change those out, you need to be careful, since the ones behind the station toy are not regular flashlamps. They are 1251s, which are 28 volt (I think). The others are all 89 or 906, 13 volts. Also, if you change the flashlamps to LED, you will need to remove or cut the warming resistors on the lamp boards.

#2890 4 years ago

I do have the manual already, but could not figured the model number. I will go warm white and count them as I go, good idea for matching the inserts colors, that make sense! And leave the flasher alone, copy that. Thank you guys for all the amazing information.

#2891 4 years ago

Here's what I started with. Anyone welcome to update!!

Playfield
50 white 44 for pf GI
25 green 44 LEDs for the playfield GI
6 green 44 LEDs for the insert panel
4 amber 44 LEDs for the upper rollover guides
4 blue 44 LEDs for the lower rollover guides
3 red 555 LEDs for the bumper caps

Inserts
white 555 clear
blue 555 clear
green 555 clear
red 555 clear
orange 555 clear
green bayonet
orange bayonet
yellow bayonet (lanes)
blue bayonet (lanes)

Backbox
About 25 white 44 frosted
About 20 white 555 frosted
About 20 white 906 (top row) and various

Other
2 red #89 bayonet flasher for flashers behind station
3 amber 1251 (28v) for flashers behind station

#2892 4 years ago
Quoted from galaga50:

Here's what I started with. Anyone welcome to update!!
Playfield
50 white 44 for pf GI
25 green 44 LEDs for the playfield GI
6 green 44 LEDs for the insert panel
4 amber 44 LEDs for the upper rollover guides
4 blue 44 LEDs for the lower rollover guides
3 red 555 LEDs for the bumper caps
Inserts
white 555 clear
blue 555 clear
green 555 clear
red 555 clear
orange 555 clear
green bayonet
orange bayonet
yellow bayonet (lanes)
blue bayonet (lanes)
Backbox
About 25 white 44 frosted
About 20 white 555 frosted
About 20 white 906 (top row) and various
Other
2 red #89 bayonet flasher for flashers behind station
3 amber 1251 (28v) for flashers behind station

I’m speachless, that is just awsome job
Thank you Galaga, Cheers!

#2893 4 years ago
Quoted from Platypus:

and then there are the 3 1251's at 28v (I wired mine in series to use 12v). for GI

They aren't GI. They're a controlled solenoid which is why the needed the higher voltage globe. The MPU can turn them on and off for effect independent of the GI controls.

#2894 4 years ago
Quoted from selco_:

Hi everyone!
Finally I got a new playfield for my Space station. It only took a year or so.

Patrik, where did you get the PF? Is it a repro, new old stock or repaired?

#2895 4 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Patrik, where did you get the PF? Is it a repro, new old stock or repaired?

Hi!
It was a gentlemen here on pinside, he bought it years ago, in advance, to have a spare the day he could find a machine. But that day never came, so he sold it to me. So it is new old stock!
I dont think there is any repro on the market at the moment, unfortunely.

#2896 4 years ago
Quoted from Platypus:

Thanks, I`ll order from there!
// Patrik

#2897 4 years ago
Quoted from selco_:

Hi!
It was a gentlemen here on pinside, he bought it years ago, in advance, to have a spare the day he could find a machine. But that day never came, so he sold it to me. So it is new old stock!
I dont think there is any repro on the market at the moment, unfortunely.

Congrats selco_ ! SS is a hard PF to find and difficult to restore (like mist Sys 11 PFs). Glad you found a NOS.

#2898 4 years ago

Anybody know where to get some plastics? The primary one I am after is the lower right by the shooter lane (don't have the part number handy at the moment). I would consider a whole set depending on the price.

#2899 4 years ago

I have a full new set I never busted into. I may be willing to part with it. Not sure I want to just sell that one piece, though.

#2900 4 years ago
Quoted from ChrisPINk25:

I have a full new set I never busted into. I may be willing to part with it. Not sure I want to just sell that one piece, though.

Sent you a pm

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Olympia, WA
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

There are 4,188 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 84.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/space-station-club-members-only/page/58?hl=la4s and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.