20240226_184548 (resized).jpg
20240226_191733 (resized).jpg
20240226_191625 (resized).jpg
20240226_191654 (resized).jpg
20240226_191755 (resized).jpg
20240226_192004 (resized).jpg
20240226_191843 (resized).jpg
20240219_220145 (resized).jpg
There are 4,188 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 84.
#2551 5 years ago
Quoted from zFabi:

I might be able to hook you up, I had a friend print one for me, looks great

Do you have any pictures of this? I'd certainly be interested depending on the design. Sounds like several others would be as well.

#2552 5 years ago

Hi ho,

Any ideas on why one of my tip36c keeps blowing (and blowing the F4-fuse) It’s the one sling, kickback and some more things... (I’m on the move atm).

What I’ve noticed is that the kickback sometimes stays out after fired. Can this has something to do with it?

Cheers!

#2553 5 years ago
Quoted from Kallek:

Hi ho,
Any ideas on why one of my tip36c keeps blowing (and blowing the F4-fuse) It’s the one sling, kickback and some more things... (I’m on the move atm).
What I’ve noticed is that the kickback sometimes stays out after fired. Can this has something to do with it?
Cheers!

Yes, the coil is locking on and blowing fuse and transistor, I’d replace all, and the supporting transistor to the tip36c, and maybe the coil that’s locking on, unless it tests good

#2554 5 years ago

I'd also think about buying solenoid saver. That way a fuse blows instead of a TIP. It works on system 11, it is just not labelled correctly. I have one in all of my system 11, 9 and 6 machines. Well worth the cost!

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1055-nvramweeblycom/00585-williams-system-3-7-special-solenoid-saver-

#2555 5 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Do you have any pictures of this? I'd certainly be interested depending on the design. Sounds like several others would be as well.

Gotcha

324467B8-A34F-40F8-AACD-5C4FDEC1E83A (resized).jpeg324467B8-A34F-40F8-AACD-5C4FDEC1E83A (resized).jpeg
#2556 5 years ago

All, I thought I would post an update on the issue I was having with the station diverter. After playing for a while, it would lose track of where it was, stop in the wrong place and also spin continuously. For me the problem seems to have come from low 12v. The 12v would consistently be at 11.79 on startup. After playing for about 20 minutes or so is when the problems would usually occur. I recapped the power supply board, and now my 12v is over 12 consistently. Haven't had the problem come back yet in a day and a half. I'll play test some more, but it looks like this was the cause for me. Those optos seem to get flaky if the power isn't perfect.

#2557 5 years ago

Anyone know where I can find this one? The owner didn't know where it came from...

https://images.pinside.com/c/a8/54/ca854e995f34469e94e748665124bcc25c42ac71.jpg

Station (resized).pngStation (resized).png
#2558 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Anyone know where I can find this one? The owner didn't know where it came from...
[quoted image]

Oh that's nice and it fits under the glass?

#2559 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

[quoted image]

Yes, we need more details... I want that one!

#2560 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

[quoted image]

I like this one as well and would like to get one if anyone knows where...

#2561 5 years ago

Someone in this club MUST know!!

#2562 5 years ago

I added the solenoid saver to my space station it was very easy see pics here

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/special-solenoid-saver-board-for-wms-3-7/page/2#post-4130474

#2563 5 years ago

Pinsider NoTrashCouger printed a station for me. I didn't color the USA on mine. I don't know if he still does them.

DSC05441 (resized).JPGDSC05441 (resized).JPGmini station (resized).jpgmini station (resized).jpg
#2564 5 years ago
Quoted from Platypus:

Pinsider NoTrashCouger printed a station for me. I didn't color the USA on mine. I don't know if he still does them.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I really like the plain one at the top. It looks more substantial than the stock one, but doesn't stray from the design.

#2565 5 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I want that one!

Me too!!!

#2566 5 years ago

I had to replace my ramp drop target. does anybody know where to get the decal?

DSC05425 (resized).JPGDSC05425 (resized).JPG
#2567 5 years ago
Quoted from Platypus:

[quoted image]

If you watch ebay they come up occasionally. It is usually a set of 4, as the decal is the same as the bonus drop targets by station.

#2568 5 years ago

Yeah, the model in post #2557 is by far the best in my opinion. Fairly detailed and still true to the backglass design. I wish someone knew where that one was from.

#2569 5 years ago
Quoted from Platypus:

[quoted image]

Where did you order your target? (do you have a link) When I ordered the part # in the manual from Marcos I got flat targets without the wide top to support a ball rolling over it when down.

#2570 5 years ago
Quoted from twenty6point2:

Where did you order your target? (do you have a link) When I ordered the part # in the manual from Marcos I got flat targets without the wide top to support a ball rolling over it when down.

https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsbally-black-rollover-drop-target.html

I think the key is "rollover"

#2572 5 years ago
Quoted from Platypus:

[quoted image]

I got mine from Jeff @ classic arcades

#2573 5 years ago

Have a 99% complete set of plastics brand new in the bag if anyone is interested $100 shipped

#2574 5 years ago

Always loving condition green, its like the Game changes completely from one second to another

17B460BD-C1CF-4C3E-8754-A52BB4BCC2B4 (resized).jpeg17B460BD-C1CF-4C3E-8754-A52BB4BCC2B4 (resized).jpeg
#2575 5 years ago

I agree its one of the cooler pins of the era! Right next to F-14 and High speed

#2576 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

I agree its one of the cooler pins of the era! Right next to F-14 and High speed

F14 is nowhere near the game that space station is, coolness included

#2577 5 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Agree.

#2578 5 years ago

Thanks for the reply mymalibu! Finally got most of the playfield depopulated on my game and removed the mylar. Inserts are really raised and the mylar was peeling up in the pops. Hopefully I haven't bit off more than I can chew , the game was playable before I started
I am thinking:
-Remove the mylar glue and clean
-Level the inserts and re-decal
-fill minor dings and a screw hole
-minor touch-up on the paint
-wax and new mylar
-repopulate and LED
[quoted image]

Well, that will never last. You need to protect your work with clearcoat else your decals and touchups will be gone before you know it. Even worse, now you removed the mylar your playfield wear will be imminent.

#2579 5 years ago
Quoted from Platypus:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Great design!

#2580 5 years ago

Glad to join this club. Great game from a great collector!

MVIMG_20181209_140121 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20181209_140121 (resized).jpg
#2581 5 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Blasphemy!

#2583 5 years ago

Hey everybody, just got a Space Station and I'm super excited.
Got three things not working though unfortunately.
1. Switches 52 and 53 in switch test are coming up. I think these are the two optos underneath the space station. I took the space station off and I cleaned or dusted the optos but that didn't seem to do anything? What else do you do to optos?
2. The whole left side in multiball has no green likes working. In the lamp test, all the the lights on left side GI doesn't work.
3. The right outlane appears to have a Vuk maybe? The insert says "clear entry when lit" but does nothing. That doesn't seem right.
Any help or advice would much appreciated! I'll show photos when I get everything working!

#2584 5 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

1. Switches 52 and 53 in switch test are coming up. I think these are the two optos underneath the space station. I took the space station off and I cleaned or dusted the optos but that didn't seem to do anything? What else do you do to optos?
2. The whole left side in multiball has no green likes working. In the lamp test, all the the lights on left side GI doesn't work.
3. The right outlane appears to have a Vuk maybe? The insert says "clear entry when lit" but does nothing. That doesn't seem right.
Any help or advice would much appreciated! I'll show photos when I get everything working!

Welcome to the club. Wish I could help.

#2585 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Welcome to the club. Wish I could help.

Thanks mustang Paul,
No worries. It'll get fixed ......eventually!
Kev

#2586 5 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

1, test the optos, use your camera phone to look at the optos to see if you see a purple glow, if not possibly replace optos, they can go bad

2, there is a relay under the playfield that controls the green GI, it’s either bad, or the pins need the solder reflowed

3, could be a few different things, first check the inter connect board, the far right of the board has the GI connectors, fix this burnt area, replace connectors/re-pin wires that go in connectors, re flow pins. (This is usually the issue on system 11 games GI)

#2587 5 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

If you go back a 2-3 pages there's a whole set of threads from me including these same issues that you can see what was done to fix them.

1. Is your station working correctly? If not, it might be the opto board needs connectors resoldered (try this before replacing the optos)
2. Relay might need connectors resoldered
3. Do you mean the left outlane? It has a kickback yes. Did you test both the switch and the coil/solenoid? Do either work? For me, the coil needed to be rebuilt as one leg wasn't getting voltage. Do the coil test see if it does anything, if not, test voltage on it.

#2588 5 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Do you mean the left Rentry when lit?
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

That's the kickback. Does it fire in the coil test?

#2589 5 years ago

Thanks for the suggestions! I'm on it.

#2590 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

If you go back a 2-3 pages there's a whole set of threads from me including these same issues that you can see what was done to fix them.
1. Is your station working correctly? If not, it might be the opto board needs connectors resoldered (try this before replacing the optos)
2. Relay might need connectors resoldered
3. Do you mean the left outlane? It has a kickback yes. Did you test both the switch and the coil/solenoid? Do either work? For me, the coil needed to be rebuilt as one leg wasn't getting voltage. Do the coil test see if it does anything, if not, test voltage on it.

1. Tried resoldering connector. No good.
2. Trying this now.
3. I meant the right lane. I just assumed since it said re entry when lit that it kicked the ball back when lit no?

#2591 5 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

3. I meant the right lane. I just assumed since it said re entry when lit that it kicked the ball back when lit no?

The left lane says "Re-entry when lit" and the right says "100,000 when lit":
left laneleft lane right laneright lane

#2592 5 years ago
Quoted from HarrieD:

Well, that will never last. You need to protect your work with clearcoat else your decals and touchups will be gone before you know it. Even worse, now you removed the mylar your playfield wear will be imminent.

I was planning on adding new mylar.

-wax and new mylar

That would be per Vid's recommendation (to others)

Quoted from vid1900:

That would be an easy one to repaint, then decal back all the text, and clearcoat.
If not, just touch up the paint, wax it, and put Mylar over the top.

But now also considering one of the Vivak (PET-G) playfield protectors.

https://www.playfield-protectors.com/Home/Details/Is1uYPIwVkWh5RjodRr4ng

Clearcoat would be optimal, I don't think this will prevent that route in the future.

#2593 5 years ago

I was planning on adding new mylar.

That would be per Vid's recommendation (to others)

But now also considering one of the Vivak (PET-G) playfield protectors.
https://www.playfield-protectors.com/Home/Details/Is1uYPIwVkWh5RjodRr4ng
Clearcoat would be optimal, I don't think this will prevent that route in the future.

I have a playfield protector on my space station and it works great!

#2594 5 years ago

I put these up on the PBL website if anyone wants one. Comes with USA or USSR written on it. haha

https://www.pinballlife.com/3d-space-station.html

--Scott

#2595 5 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

I put these up on the PBL website if anyone wants one. Comes with USA or USSR written on it. haha
https://www.pinballlife.com/3d-space-station.html
--Scott

Scott - Is it possible to make one like this? Too much detail?

SS (resized).pngSS (resized).png
#2596 5 years ago

What is that made of? Looks like papercraft or something. It is a really well done and painted model.
--Scott

#2597 5 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

What is that made of? Looks like papercraft or something. It is a really well done and painted model.
--Scott

I am not sure - It was installed on a recently sold SS and I asked the seller where he got it and he said it came with it. You are right it is probably hand painted and would cost 4X a standard 3D printed piece I would guess if someone were to make it and sell it. Maybe this is just a one of a kind.

#2598 5 years ago

Just joined the club. The machine is in great condition, but there is a beahviour I suspect is wrong:
when in multiball, I lock one ball. Two are left. One of those two drains. At this point the multiball keeps going (until I dock the remaning ball or until it drains).

Is it supposed to work like that? Or should the multiball stop? If not, what can be the cause of the problem?

#2599 5 years ago

No problem. Mulitball continues until two balls are lost.

#2600 5 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Welcome to the club. It looks like you have number two and three answered already. If you're having issues with the opto switches under the space station, see if they have 12 volts going to them. If there is no voltage those optos won't see anything. There is a connector underneath the play field. The wires will be black with yellow stripe and Gray with possibly a white stripe. Since your drop targets are working correctly it would make sense that you at least have 12 volts getting to the Playfield as they are on the same circuit. So it sounds like the problem is isolated to that board or power getting to that board.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Olympia, WA
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

There are 4,188 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 84.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/space-station-club-members-only/page/52?hl=zfabi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.