Topic Stats

• 2,591 posts
  • 175 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by ajfclark
  • Topic is favorited by 82 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 676 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pasted_image (resized).png
MVIMG_20181209_140121 (resized).jpg
17B460BD-C1CF-4C3E-8754-A52BB4BCC2B4 (resized).jpeg
DSC05425 (resized).JPG
DSC05441 (resized).JPG
mini station (resized).jpg
Station (resized).png
324467B8-A34F-40F8-AACD-5C4FDEC1E83A (resized).jpeg
IMAG3667 (resized).jpg
42abcc702895960eb9faa5338970bcea1f766817 (resized).jpg
IMGA0988 (resized).JPG
sstroughgreen (resized).JPG
sstroughblue (resized).JPG
sstrough (resized).JPG

There are 2591 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 52.
#2551 15 days ago
Quoted from zFabi:

I might be able to hook you up, I had a friend print one for me, looks great

Do you have any pictures of this? I'd certainly be interested depending on the design. Sounds like several others would be as well.

#2552 15 days ago

Hi ho,

Any ideas on why one of my tip36c keeps blowing (and blowing the F4-fuse) It’s the one sling, kickback and some more things... (I’m on the move atm).

What I’ve noticed is that the kickback sometimes stays out after fired. Can this has something to do with it?

Cheers!

#2553 15 days ago
Quoted from Kallek:

Hi ho,
Any ideas on why one of my tip36c keeps blowing (and blowing the F4-fuse) It’s the one sling, kickback and some more things... (I’m on the move atm).
What I’ve noticed is that the kickback sometimes stays out after fired. Can this has something to do with it?
Cheers!

Yes, the coil is locking on and blowing fuse and transistor, I’d replace all, and the supporting transistor to the tip36c, and maybe the coil that’s locking on, unless it tests good

#2554 15 days ago

I'd also think about buying solenoid saver. That way a fuse blows instead of a TIP. It works on system 11, it is just not labelled correctly. I have one in all of my system 11, 9 and 6 machines. Well worth the cost!

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1055-nvramweeblycom/00585-williams-system-3-7-special-solenoid-saver-

#2555 13 days ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Do you have any pictures of this? I'd certainly be interested depending on the design. Sounds like several others would be as well.

Gotcha

324467B8-A34F-40F8-AACD-5C4FDEC1E83A (resized).jpeg
#2556 13 days ago

All, I thought I would post an update on the issue I was having with the station diverter. After playing for a while, it would lose track of where it was, stop in the wrong place and also spin continuously. For me the problem seems to have come from low 12v. The 12v would consistently be at 11.79 on startup. After playing for about 20 minutes or so is when the problems would usually occur. I recapped the power supply board, and now my 12v is over 12 consistently. Haven't had the problem come back yet in a day and a half. I'll play test some more, but it looks like this was the cause for me. Those optos seem to get flaky if the power isn't perfect.

#2557 13 days ago

Anyone know where I can find this one? The owner didn't know where it came from...

https://images.pinside.com/c/a8/54/ca854e995f34469e94e748665124bcc25c42ac71.jpg

Station (resized).png
#2558 13 days ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Anyone know where I can find this one? The owner didn't know where it came from...
[quoted image]

Oh that's nice and it fits under the glass?

#2559 13 days ago
Quoted from kermit24:

[quoted image]

Yes, we need more details... I want that one!

#2560 13 days ago
Quoted from kermit24:

[quoted image]

I like this one as well and would like to get one if anyone knows where...

#2561 13 days ago

Someone in this club MUST know!!

#2562 9 days ago

I added the solenoid saver to my space station it was very easy see pics here

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/special-solenoid-saver-board-for-wms-3-7/page/2#post-4130474

#2563 9 days ago

Pinsider NoTrashCouger printed a station for me. I didn't color the USA on mine. I don't know if he still does them.

DSC05441 (resized).JPGmini station (resized).jpg
#2564 9 days ago
Quoted from Platypus:

Pinsider NoTrashCouger printed a station for me. I didn't color the USA on mine. I don't know if he still does them.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I really like the plain one at the top. It looks more substantial than the stock one, but doesn't stray from the design.

#2565 9 days ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I want that one!

Me too!!!

#2566 9 days ago

I had to replace my ramp drop target. does anybody know where to get the decal?

DSC05425 (resized).JPG
#2567 9 days ago
Quoted from Platypus:

[quoted image]

If you watch ebay they come up occasionally. It is usually a set of 4, as the decal is the same as the bonus drop targets by station.

#2568 9 days ago

Yeah, the model in post #2557 is by far the best in my opinion. Fairly detailed and still true to the backglass design. I wish someone knew where that one was from.

#2569 9 days ago
Quoted from Platypus:

[quoted image]

Where did you order your target? (do you have a link) When I ordered the part # in the manual from Marcos I got flat targets without the wide top to support a ball rolling over it when down.

#2570 9 days ago
Quoted from twenty6point2:

Where did you order your target? (do you have a link) When I ordered the part # in the manual from Marcos I got flat targets without the wide top to support a ball rolling over it when down.

https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsbally-black-rollover-drop-target.html

I think the key is "rollover"

#2572 7 days ago
Quoted from Platypus:

[quoted image]

I got mine from Jeff @ classic arcades

#2573 7 days ago

Have a 99% complete set of plastics brand new in the bag if anyone is interested $100 shipped

#2574 7 days ago

Always loving condition green, its like the Game changes completely from one second to another

17B460BD-C1CF-4C3E-8754-A52BB4BCC2B4 (resized).jpeg
#2575 7 days ago

I agree its one of the cooler pins of the era! Right next to F-14 and High speed

#2576 5 days ago
Quoted from heni1977:

I agree its one of the cooler pins of the era! Right next to F-14 and High speed

F14 is nowhere near the game that space station is, coolness included

#2577 5 days ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Agree.

#2578 4 days ago
Quoted from twenty6point2:

Thanks for the reply mymalibu! Finally got most of the playfield depopulated on my game and removed the mylar. Inserts are really raised and the mylar was peeling up in the pops. Hopefully I haven't bit off more than I can chew , the game was playable before I started
I am thinking:
-Remove the mylar glue and clean
-Level the inserts and re-decal
-fill minor dings and a screw hole
-minor touch-up on the paint
-wax and new mylar
-repopulate and LED
[quoted image]

Well, that will never last. You need to protect your work with clearcoat else your decals and touchups will be gone before you know it. Even worse, now you removed the mylar your playfield wear will be imminent.

#2579 4 days ago
Quoted from Platypus:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Great design!

#2580 4 days ago

Glad to join this club. Great game from a great collector!

MVIMG_20181209_140121 (resized).jpg
#2581 4 days ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Blasphemy!

#2583 3 days ago

Hey everybody, just got a Space Station and I'm super excited.
Got three things not working though unfortunately.
1. Switches 52 and 53 in switch test are coming up. I think these are the two optos underneath the space station. I took the space station off and I cleaned or dusted the optos but that didn't seem to do anything? What else do you do to optos?
2. The whole left side in multiball has no green likes working. In the lamp test, all the the lights on left side GI doesn't work.
3. The right outlane appears to have a Vuk maybe? The insert says "clear entry when lit" but does nothing. That doesn't seem right.
Any help or advice would much appreciated! I'll show photos when I get everything working!

#2584 3 days ago
Quoted from kklank:

1. Switches 52 and 53 in switch test are coming up. I think these are the two optos underneath the space station. I took the space station off and I cleaned or dusted the optos but that didn't seem to do anything? What else do you do to optos?
2. The whole left side in multiball has no green likes working. In the lamp test, all the the lights on left side GI doesn't work.
3. The right outlane appears to have a Vuk maybe? The insert says "clear entry when lit" but does nothing. That doesn't seem right.
Any help or advice would much appreciated! I'll show photos when I get everything working!

Welcome to the club. Wish I could help.

#2585 3 days ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Welcome to the club. Wish I could help.

Thanks mustang Paul,
No worries. It'll get fixed ......eventually!
Kev

#2586 3 days ago
Quoted from kklank:

1, test the optos, use your camera phone to look at the optos to see if you see a purple glow, if not possibly replace optos, they can go bad

2, there is a relay under the playfield that controls the green GI, it’s either bad, or the pins need the solder reflowed

3, could be a few different things, first check the inter connect board, the far right of the board has the GI connectors, fix this burnt area, replace connectors/re-pin wires that go in connectors, re flow pins. (This is usually the issue on system 11 games GI)

#2587 3 days ago
Quoted from kklank:

If you go back a 2-3 pages there's a whole set of threads from me including these same issues that you can see what was done to fix them.

1. Is your station working correctly? If not, it might be the opto board needs connectors resoldered (try this before replacing the optos)
2. Relay might need connectors resoldered
3. Do you mean the left outlane? It has a kickback yes. Did you test both the switch and the coil/solenoid? Do either work? For me, the coil needed to be rebuilt as one leg wasn't getting voltage. Do the coil test see if it does anything, if not, test voltage on it.

#2588 3 days ago
Quoted from kklank:

Do you mean the left Rentry when lit?

That's the kickback. Does it fire in the coil test?

#2589 3 days ago

Thanks for the suggestions! I'm on it.

#2590 3 days ago
Quoted from Zablon:

If you go back a 2-3 pages there's a whole set of threads from me including these same issues that you can see what was done to fix them.
1. Is your station working correctly? If not, it might be the opto board needs connectors resoldered (try this before replacing the optos)
2. Relay might need connectors resoldered
3. Do you mean the left outlane? It has a kickback yes. Did you test both the switch and the coil/solenoid? Do either work? For me, the coil needed to be rebuilt as one leg wasn't getting voltage. Do the coil test see if it does anything, if not, test voltage on it.

1. Tried resoldering connector. No good.
2. Trying this now.
3. I meant the right lane. I just assumed since it said re entry when lit that it kicked the ball back when lit no?

#2591 3 days ago
Quoted from kklank:

3. I meant the right lane. I just assumed since it said re entry when lit that it kicked the ball back when lit no?

The left lane says "Re-entry when lit" and the right says "100,000 when lit":
left lane right lane

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Memphis, TN
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbotz
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 11.95
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
$ 89.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Bright
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 2591 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 52.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside