20240226_184548 (resized).jpg
20240226_191733 (resized).jpg
20240226_191625 (resized).jpg
20240226_191654 (resized).jpg
20240226_191755 (resized).jpg
20240226_192004 (resized).jpg
20240226_191843 (resized).jpg
20240219_220145 (resized).jpg
There are 4,188 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 84.
#2451 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Hah.. you are correct. I've apparently never hit them at the same time and noticed...
As for the orbit and switch under the ramp, they should both trigger sounds (but no scoring). The one on the right makes a kind of electronic "donk" sound and the orbit makes a 'swoosh' type sound. The orbit gate is one way, I think that is really the only reason it is there and they just had it play a sound as you go through it. It could be both were originally intended for more, but in the end they are just there to make more noise.

There used to be a single drop guarding the centre VUK. How they fit it with the other mechs etc I'm not sure as there doesn't seem to be much realestate under there. You can see the spot that would've been cut out in the artwork:
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

I've always wondered if that switch was meant for more in relation to that somehow.

#2452 5 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

The insert lights 'station' and 'shuttle' should switch when BOTH flippers are hit at the same time. The theory being that if you are happy with your random reward on 'station', you could switch to 'shuttle' to make sure you 'lock in' that station reward. or vice-versa.
The special only lights when special is available.

This I did not know. That you sir!

A little more more detail on Special. It lights when you complete USA enough times.

Quoted from scarybeard:

as far as I know, it doesn't do anything. there's another leaf switch triggered by a rubber under the ramp that doesn't do anything either.

Quoted from Zablon:

Hah.. you are correct. I've apparently never hit them at the same time and noticed...
As for the orbit and switch under the ramp, they should both trigger sounds (but no scoring). The one on the right makes a kind of electronic "donk" sound and the orbit makes a 'swoosh' type sound. The orbit gate is one way, I think that is really the only reason it is there and they just had it play a sound as you go through it. It could be both were originally intended for more, but in the end they are just there to make more noise.

I just pulled the glass on my machine to test. Both those switches under the right ramp score 10 on my machine which is what randomises the match score. The left orbit switch scores 2000.

#2453 5 years ago
Quoted from ajfclark:

I just pulled the glass on my machine to test. Both those switches under the right ramp score 10 on my machine which is what randomises the match score. The left orbit switch scores 2000.

Reeeealy..... If you feel extra awesome and have time on your hands, want to follow those switch wires back to the board so I can figure out why mine don't work?

#2454 5 years ago

More updates!

Updates:

1. Entire upper left backbox GI out - fixed (all bulbs were bad!!!)
2. Left GI (both white and green) out - fixed (per Redflash, yep it was cold joints on the relay board!!) This also fixed the upper playfield lights and upper lane lights which have never worked. There were a few broken wires under the upper mini playfield so soldered them back on.
3. Space Station doesn't align properly - Fixed! Q42 on MPU was bad. Replaced and station is working properly as well as lane changing. I had looked this over before and somehow missed it.
4. Left kickback not working. Switch seems to work - rebuilt coil and it is working great now
5. Someone hacked one of the vuk's so need to rewire it properly - rewired
6. The back right vuk is being held in place with a rubber ring (it works though!) mounted properly
7. Many of the board fuses are incorrect - (on order...this thing has ran with the same fuses for nearly 15 years so it should be fine until then)
8. First ball drain pause - Fixed! As Redflash stated, once the station was working correctly this no longer happened
9. Rear playfield yellow flashers not working - Felt around back there and there aren't any bulbs in the sockets. - on order

Everything that wasn't working is working now!

Also ordered some comet optix green LEDs for the condition green, and a few red ones for the backbox and the yellow/blue for the little playfield and upper lanes.

#2455 5 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

Reeeealy..... If you feel extra awesome and have time on your hands, want to follow those switch wires back to the board so I can figure out why mine don't work?

They are both midpoint in their column and row so other things would stop working if the wiring was broken, wouldn't it?

The green/blue column runs from the lane change switches on the flippers to the two ten point switches and then to the space station opto board.

Sorry, I don't have time right now to trace the white/orange and white/blue columns, but both switches has double wires so they are also mid-run so other stuff in the row should break if the wiring was broken.

I would test in the switch test to make sure they are definitely not registering, then test continuity from switches that are working in the same rows/columns, etc.

#2456 5 years ago

Decided to give some LED's a try. Added Optix for condition green and 2SMD's for the yellow and blue.

I'm really liking it. I think I'll finish it out for the rest of the white GI.
0917182106a_HDR (resized).jpg0917182106a_HDR (resized).jpg

#2457 5 years ago

Just joined the club....played it at a local collectors place and liked so I brought it home...super fun pin...

Space Station 2018 09 16. (resized).jpgSpace Station 2018 09 16. (resized).jpg
#2458 5 years ago

Welcome to the club!

#2459 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Decided to give some LED's a try. Added Optix for condition green and 2SMD's for the yellow and blue.
I'm really liking it. I think I'll finish it out for the rest of the white GI.
[quoted image]

I put 4 double spot lights on mine, makes a BIG difference.

#2460 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I saw that but these green led's are so bright there is no problem seeing the playfield. As people say, the pictures just don't do it justice. I bought both 2SMD and these to try. I would say these are twice as bright and the glow extends quite a bit further. Currently with normal incandescent GI, it is quite the change that when green mode starts and starts flashing it goes into slow motion and causes quite the sensory overload. I wasn't planning on doing the normal Gi, but the wife says now the normal lights seem too dim. I might just go with 1SMD cold whites. I really like the dramatic change from one to the other.

Also, I found one other issue. The gate on the right side that prevents the ball from going into the right kickout is missing. Doesn't look like you can get them anymore. I think it's a fairly common part though, or maybe not hard to make with the correct wire...

#2461 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I wasn't planning on doing the normal Gi, but the wife says now the normal lights seem too dim. I might just go with 1SMD cold whites. I really like the dramatic change from one to the other.

I use 2SMDs for GI in all my games, just white. I only color match inserts, never GI. I think it makes a massive difference for visibility.

But for the green mode in space station I only use 1SMDs, because it washes the playfield colors out too much for my taste.

#2462 5 years ago
Quoted from Brijam:

I use 2SMDs for GI in all my games, just white. I only color match inserts, never GI. I think it makes a massive difference for visibility.
But for the green mode in space station I only use 1SMDs, because it washes the playfield colors out too much for my taste.

Yea, I can understand that. I rather like it though. It's like a watery sea of green

#2463 5 years ago

Zablon there is a gate that works at Marco. It’s not labeled for space station. Maybe F-14. I can tell you which one it is when I’m back home this weekend.

#2464 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I saw that but these green led's are so bright there is no problem seeing the playfield. As people say, the pictures just don't do it justice. I bought both 2SMD and these to try. I would say these are twice as bright and the glow extends quite a bit further. Currently with normal incandescent GI, it is quite the change that when green mode starts and starts flashing it goes into slow motion and causes quite the sensory overload. I wasn't planning on doing the normal Gi, but the wife says now the normal lights seem too dim. I might just go with 1SMD cold whites. I really like the dramatic change from one to the other.
Also, I found one other issue. The gate on the right side that prevents the ball from going into the right kickout is missing. Doesn't look like you can get them anymore. I think it's a fairly common part though, or maybe not hard to make with the correct wire...

The spots aren't used for Condition Green in my game, just a mix of white and purple to light the pf.

#2465 5 years ago

Would like to see a picture of that.

Quoted from MustangPaul:

#2466 5 years ago
Quoted from jedi42:

Would like to see a picture of that.

Here ya go. Looks better in real life.

IMGA0338 (resized).JPGIMGA0338 (resized).JPG
#2468 5 years ago
Quoted from mof:

How does the play field have a purple glow

He's got purple LEDS under the apron, the spotlights, and other spots.

This is the pic I had seen and why I thought he only had it for green mode. Are they set up for both modes? I don't see a need for spotlights with my current config, but the purple is cool.

#2469 5 years ago

Hi fellow owners, I have a quick question regarding the station motor, I have it all ready to go back in but want to know if it matters what yellow wire goes to what side of the plug. Both the original motor and my replacement have yellow wires.

#2470 5 years ago
Quoted from mymalibu:

Hi fellow owners, I have a quick question regarding the station motor, I have it all ready to go back in but want to know if it matters what yellow wire goes to what side of the plug. Both the original motor and my replacement have yellow wires.

Got it taken care of, thanks everybody.

#2471 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

He's got purple LEDS under the apron, the spotlights, and other spots.
This is the pic I had seen and why I thought he only had it for green mode. Are they set up for both modes? I don't see a need for spotlights with my current config, but the purple is cool.

A purple 7 led strip in the center drain and one purple and one white bulb in each of the 4 spots, no purple in the rest of the game. Also my camera isn't very good so the colors look like crap.

#2472 5 years ago

Howdy yall. Just acquired a Space Station last weekend. Everything seems to be in order until this morning. Turning it on it reads, Adjust Switch 64. I know where its located but does this literally mean an adjustment or does this mean a replacement of some kind? When I played the right kicker/sling worked inconsistently. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Screenshot_20180928-030802_Drive (resized).jpgScreenshot_20180928-030802_Drive (resized).jpg
#2473 5 years ago

VampireKangaroo that means the switch has not been activated for 25 games. Clean the contacts and/or check that the scoring switching is aligned properly.

#2474 5 years ago
Quoted from ChrisPINk25:

vampirekangaroo that means the switch has not been activated for 25 games. Clean the contacts and/or check that the scoring switching is aligned properly.

Will do. Thanks for the info!

#2475 5 years ago
Quoted from VampireKangaroo:

Will do. Thanks for the info!

Keep in mind that the switch matrix switch is the one under the playfield and parallel to it, activated by the kicker arm, not the activation switch that sits against the slingshot rubbers.

You can see it here, just above the coil for the right slingshot:
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

1 week later
#2476 5 years ago

Just a little heads up of something I found. I was cleaning posts and snapped the adjustable slingshot posts (top ones). They do not attach the same as the others do and have hex nuts under them. The part listed in the manual says these are (g) 02-4002-3. Marco's has this part # but they are 6/32 x 1-7/8" which are not long enough. The actual part is 2-3/8". The closest I could find is part 530-5008-00. I ordered a couple to see if these work, but the tops might be a bit too long and need trimmed down and they are also 8/32 at the top..but I think that can be made to work with the plastic nut caps that go there.

#2477 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Just a little heads up of something I found. I was cleaning posts and snapped the adjustable slingshot posts (top ones). They do not attach the same as the others do and have hex nuts under them. The part listed in the manual says these are (g) 02-4002-3. Marco's has this part # but they are 6/32 x 1-7/8" which are not long enough. The actual part is 2-3/8". The closest I could find is part 530-5008-00. I ordered a couple to see if these work, but the tops might be a bit too long and need trimmed down and they are also 8/32 at the top..but I think that can be made to work with the plastic nut caps that go there.

I had the same thing happen and just got a 3 inch screw from the store screwed up from the under side and cut to fit, done.

#2478 5 years ago

Just went through the set of new plastic's that came with my pin and I can't seem to find were this guy goes.He's not on the play field anywhere.Anyone know where he goes?...Cheers

unknown plastic with the new set. (resized).jpgunknown plastic with the new set. (resized).jpg
#2479 5 years ago
Quoted from mymalibu:

Just went through the set of new plastic's that came with my pin and I can't seem to find were this guy goes.He's not on the play field anywhere.Anyone know where he goes?...Cheers
[quoted image]

He doesn't. He's just a keyfob plastic (that doesn't have a hole). You should have another with a hole in it that looks like the space station.

#2480 5 years ago

It could be possible to drill a hole and bend a small piece of metal and mount it somewhere. But yes it is a extra piece. I have one as well.

#2481 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

He doesn't. He's just a keyfob plastic (that doesn't have a hole). You should have another with a hole in it that looks like the space station.

Key fob, I was kinda thinking that,thanks.Mount it on the play field Hmmm.... I do not have the other space station plastic that you mentioned, bummer....great game though, our new favorite....Cheers.

#2482 5 years ago

I have been playing a lot of Space Station lately after it being down for a while while I stubbornly fixed the 3 bank opto board.

I notice that now the Change Shuttle/Station score target only changes Shuttle score. Shuttle is always lit and always changes when hit.

I know it used to alternate between Shuttle and Station but cant remember the logic. Still does this with the opto board unplugged so that didn't break it.

Anyone know what toggles between the two?

Any ideas what might be going on?

Thanks

#2483 5 years ago
Quoted from KJL:

I have been playing a lot of Space Station lately after it being down for a while while I stubbornly fixed the 3 bank opto board.
I notice that now the Change Shuttle/Station score target only changes Shuttle score. Shuttle is always lit and always changes when hit.
I know it used to alternate between Shuttle and Station but cant remember the logic. Still does this with the opto board unplugged so that didn't break it.
Anyone know what toggles between the two?
Any ideas what might be going on?
Thanks

Hah, we actually just had this discussion maybe 2-5 pages back. If you hit both flippers at the same time it should toggle it back and forth.

#2484 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Hah, we actually just had this discussion maybe 2-5 pages back. If you hit both flippers at the same time it should toggle it back and forth.

Thanks! I did all kinds of searches in this thread and others and never found it. I never knew that but think that is an excellently implemented feature for something so important.

#2485 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

As an update, I got the post and it 'works', but barely. It doesn't go very far into the threading so you can't put the nut on it. The top is 8-32 instead of 6-32 so the plastic nut doesn't fit either, and you will need to cut it down as it sticks out quite a bit. It will work short term but I think unless the actual part can be found I'll do the same as mymalibu and get a plain machine screw from a hardware store.

1 week later
#2486 5 years ago

Hi
Does anyone have a jpeg of the cabinet art? I am looking to mage a stencil and need a jpeg or scan made from the cabinet.
Thanks.

#2487 5 years ago

Here’s what I got.

4BD0C1B3-FED8-4190-AF01-728F22D7DDDB (resized).jpeg4BD0C1B3-FED8-4190-AF01-728F22D7DDDB (resized).jpegAE2D0683-EE21-4367-A75C-868538243F4F (resized).jpegAE2D0683-EE21-4367-A75C-868538243F4F (resized).jpegBF68CE87-8790-4248-BB0A-2E0A8A407084 (resized).jpegBF68CE87-8790-4248-BB0A-2E0A8A407084 (resized).jpeg
#2488 5 years ago

Unfortunately I need a scan made off of the actual cabinet. Not just a pic of the side. Does anyone have one?

#2489 5 years ago

In the club! My 5th System 11.

38FBFD93-72E2-4047-BCCC-2ABCDF203646 (resized).jpeg38FBFD93-72E2-4047-BCCC-2ABCDF203646 (resized).jpeg
#2490 5 years ago
Quoted from keys88:

Unfortunately I need a scan made off of the actual cabinet. Not just a pic of the side. Does anyone have one?

There's some small image files on ministryofpinball: http://www.ministryofpinball.com/en/game-specific-items/williams/space-station/space-station-stencil-kit.html

You could use those as a template to create SVG files from maybe? There's some tutorials around on using Inkscape with the find edges tools (e.g. https://inkscape.org/doc/tutorials/tracing/tutorial-tracing.html) and that'd give you a vector file you could scale to whatever size you needed.

#2491 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

In the club! My 5th System 11.
[quoted image]

Welcome to the club.

#2492 5 years ago
Quoted from keys88:

Hi
Does anyone have a jpeg of the cabinet art? I am looking to mage a stencil and need a jpeg or scan made from the cabinet.
Thanks.

Have you asked PinballPimp about stencils?

#2493 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Have you asked PinballPimp about stencils?

I have asked before and he said that there wasn't enough interest to carry it full time.
That being said, he was willing to do a one off.

#2494 5 years ago
Quoted from keys88:

I have a cabinet side off a damaged cabinet that I could scan. Unfortunately it is buried in a storage unit far away from me. If you can't get ahold of a scan let me know and I will try to get out there and find it and take some scans for you.

#2495 5 years ago

Anyone else have extremely weak pop bumpers or is it just me?

#2496 5 years ago
Quoted from damadczar:

I have asked before and he said that there wasn't enough interest to carry it full time.

Oh that's to bad.

#2497 5 years ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

weak pop bumpers

Mine are also weak, it's time for a rebuild but have not gotten to it yet!

#2498 5 years ago
Quoted from radium:

I have a cabinet side off a damaged cabinet that I could scan. Unfortunately it is buried in a storage unit far away from me. If you can't get ahold of a scan let me know and I will try to get out there and find it and take some scans for you.

Thanks radium. I will let you know.

#2499 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

Mine are also weak, it's time for a rebuild but have not gotten to it yet!

I rebuilt mine when I cleared the play field. Unless I didn’t do something right. But they are unbelievable weak

#2500 5 years ago
Quoted from damadczar:

perhaps if we generate enough interest he might cut a batch I'm in for 1

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Olympia, WA
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 4,188 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 84.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/space-station-club-members-only/page/50?hl=ajfclark and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.