20240226_184548 (resized).jpg
20240226_191733 (resized).jpg
20240226_191625 (resized).jpg
20240226_191654 (resized).jpg
20240226_191755 (resized).jpg
20240226_192004 (resized).jpg
20240226_191843 (resized).jpg
20240219_220145 (resized).jpg
There are 4,188 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 84.
#2301 6 years ago
Quoted from dinkydave46:

Hi. Does anyone know where I can get custom cards for my space station I have just picked up?
Dave

Yup, two pages back.

I'll find them. Hang two.
[edit: actually it was 7 pages: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/space-station-club-members-only/page/41#post-4171043 ]

1 week later
#2302 5 years ago

Hello,

I acquired a space station pinball about 6 months ago. At some point in the past, the head was repainted all black. I need some head decals. Is anyone aware of any scans of the head sides that I might be able to use to print decals? Does anyone have a scanner and would be willing to scan both sides for me? I'm open to any other ideas. I just need the head decals. Thanks in advance.

#2303 5 years ago
Quoted from dpannell:

Hello,
I acquired a space station pinball about 6 months ago. At some point in the past, the head was repainted all black. I need some head decals. Is anyone aware of any scans of the head sides that I might be able to use to print decals? Does anyone have a scanner and would be willing to scan both sides for me? I'm open to any other ideas. I just need the head decals. Thanks in advance.

mine was painted all hunter green! yikes!!! there were no decals original to the game, they were stencils painted on, I bet someone would be willing to take pics of theirs, scans are going to be a little overkill... my game is all wrapped up with about 5 others in its way, or Id snap a few pics.

#2304 5 years ago
Quoted from ajfclark:

If you have voltage at the coil, I'd check continuity from the coil back to the connector at the MPU.

I have the same issue. Replaced the q15 and its predriver at MPU-board. Found out there was still something shorting - traced it back to the AUX board and the TIP36C (Q4) controlling solendoid 13 (The kickback). Replaced that and the short was gone, but still no show...

It registers in switch test but nothing in coil test. I can activate the coil by leading it to ground manually and it fires but not when pressing the switch.

zFabi - it seems like we have the same issue? Did you solve this?

#2305 5 years ago
Quoted from ajfclark:

The 6 pin power connector to the left display board carries:
1 -100vdc
2 Not connected
3 +100vdc
4 key
5 ground
6 +5vdc
The fuses in the backbox are directly inline with pins 1 and 3. As the LED board only needs the +5vdc connection, it's safe to leave those fuses out.

Cheers! Got my new DIS200 from rottendog the other day - removed the fuses you sugested and connectted the new displays - works like a charm!

#2306 5 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

mine was painted all hunter green! yikes!!! there were no decals original to the game, they were stencils painted on, I bet someone would be willing to take pics of theirs, scans are going to be a little overkill... my game is all wrapped up with about 5 others in its way, or Id snap a few pics.

I could send you a pic of mine, but its not complete on one of the sides - maybee it doesent matter, it might look the same on both sides?

#2307 5 years ago

Does anyone know how many GI-lights there is on PF - White and green?

Also any suggestions on what kind of LED for the green GI - i would like it to pop a little more than now - it hardly visible during multiball.

#2308 5 years ago

the green LED's from Comet look good, my notes LED's show: 30 retro warm 44's for GI, 25 Green 44's, 6 super 555, 6 yellow 44's, 6 blue 44's, I don't remember why I bought those, except I really liked yellow on the upper playfield, they look snazzy

#2309 5 years ago
Quoted from Kallek:

Does anyone know how many GI-lights there is on PF - White and green?
Also any suggestions on what kind of LED for the green GI - i would like it to pop a little more than now - it hardly visible during multiball.

If memory serves me correctly I believe it was in the ballpark of 25 each give or take. I used comet 4 smd in all mine and it really pops looks great & it is bright for sure. All a matter of taste really , if you want something a little less intense the comet frosted are a 2smd bulb with a frosted cap I have them in my BK2K and they are slightly less intense but still look good.

#2310 5 years ago
Quoted from Kallek:

I have the Comet 2 smd green clear dome on mine and love the brightness.

#2311 5 years ago

Kallek Sadly I still haven't figured it out yet plus I didnt have the time to dig deeper into the issue as I first solved my problems with the Hooks kickback.
I'll look into that next week, no kickback makes this pin nearly uncontrollable when working good (my slings are incredibly powerful with the stock coils)

#2312 5 years ago
Quoted from Kallek:

I could send you a pic of mine, but its not complete on one of the sides - maybee it doesent matter, it might look the same on both sides?

Hi Kallek,

I'll take you up on that offer. If you don't mind taking some hi-res pictures of both sides, I can probably patch it up with photoshop. It wont be perfect but it will be much better than what I have now. I'll pm you my email address.

Thanks much,

Dan

#2313 5 years ago

dpannell I have photos I took of a nice cabinet. Pm your email and I'll send. I need cabinet decals as well. Would share your after clean up files?

2 weeks later
#2314 5 years ago

Hello to all! I recently got a Space Station with several issues, so I will tackle one issue at a time, hope you guys can help me

Issue 1: on the back box I found a board that is missing pins and connector?? Photo below.

Issue 2: behind the light board (on the head box) I found this mess (photo below)

Can any of you guys please post a photo of the said sections? This will serve me as a guide to sort out this wiring.

Many many thanks!

~ja

IMG_3033 (resized).JPGIMG_3033 (resized).JPG

IMG_3034 (resized).JPGIMG_3034 (resized).JPG

#2315 5 years ago

The one on the back of the light board is for your lights on the translit. Almost all those got smoked from being on all the time and getting to much heat. It looks like it might need replaced. Take it off and take a pic of the back side so we can look and see if the traces are burnt off the board.

#2316 5 years ago

I will have to look at mine and see what is plugged in to the other board on the side of the head.
The one you need to take off will also have to have some wiring done as a lot of operators did the cut and tie method on these. Also how is your green gi and white gi on pf working. This is also another issue on this pin that almost every one has had. Lots of info in this thread on that one.

#2317 5 years ago
Quoted from uncle_jose:

Issue 1: on the back box I found a board that is missing pins and connector?? Photo below.

Issue 2: behind the light board (on the head box) I found this mess (photo below)

Problem 1 and 2 are related to the same problem.
Here is a pic from an earlier post that will help.

https://images.pinside.com/c/be/cbe9599619727ddd3e449553bf184a443aea4d79/resized/large/cbe9599619727ddd3e449553bf184a443aea4d79.jpeg

#2318 5 years ago
Quoted from uncle_jose:

Hello to all! I recently got a Space Station with several issues, so I will tackle one issue at a time, hope you guys can help me
Can any of you guys please post a photo of the said sections? This will serve me as a guide to sort out this wiring.
Many many thanks!
~ja

Welcome to the club. Grumpy knows this game well, he fixed mine.

#2320 5 years ago
Quoted from ajfclark:

That interconnect board has two wires cut on the top connector already:

I know, but I don't have a Space Station to get a good pic from. It was the best I could come up with on my lunch break.

#2321 5 years ago

Thanks! This is a solid start... Issue 3, no coils firing on pop bumpers and sling shots... Sigh... Driver board?

Best,

~ja

#2322 5 years ago

scarybeard ... it's been a few weeks, the anticipation kills: anything new to report on the replacement upper pf concepts?

#2323 5 years ago
Quoted from uncle_jose:

Thanks! This is a solid start... Issue 3, no coils firing on pop bumpers and sling shots... Sigh... Driver board?
Best,
~ja

This happened to mine, check fuses and or replace the special Solonoid drivers and pre driver transistors that control those possibly...

#2324 5 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

I know, but I don't have a Space Station to get a good pic from. It was the best I could come up with on my lunch break.

Tell me what you need and I'll take as many pictures as you want @grumpy. You've been a huge help to me so it'd be nice to return the favour.

#2325 5 years ago

While checking for blown fuses and hacked jobs I found the following wires dangling (photo attached) any idea of where these go? (Slingshots are not working and I'm not sure if these are related to the missing connector from the picture I posted before. Also, can someone please post a photo of the setup at the light board? Mine is also attached.

Many thanks!

IMG_3034 (resized).JPGIMG_3034 (resized).JPG

IMG_3097 (resized).JPGIMG_3097 (resized).JPG

#2326 5 years ago
Quoted from uncle_jose:

While checking for blown fuses and hacked jobs I found the following wires dangling (photo attached) any idea of where these go? (Slingshots are not working and I'm not sure if these are related to the missing connector from the picture I posted before.

Purple/yellow with brown/green go through a hole to the topside of the playfield, to the kickback coil on the left outlane:
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Quoted from uncle_jose:

Also, can someone please post a photo of the setup at the light board? Mine is also attached.
Many thanks!

You can also fix just the two pins that burnt like someone did with mine:

#2327 5 years ago
Quoted from ajfclark:

Purple/yellow with brown/green go through a hole to the topside of the playfield, to the kickback coil on the left outlane: You can also fix just the two pins that burnt like someone did with mine:

-You- are the best! This is the best (photo) guide so far, thanks to all, I'll fix and I will post any progress or set back I have with the machine.

Thanks again!

~ja

2 weeks later
#2328 5 years ago

Hello to all!

Update, I was able to fix the GI, one flasher relay burn and I'm waiting for its replacement. Thanks to all for your great help! The only issue so far is that both slingshots are not firing, I'm able to fire the coils manually using alligator clips, so the coils are fine... any idea of what should I look for?

Photo attached of a happy GI!

IMG_3117 (resized).JPGIMG_3117 (resized).JPG
#2329 5 years ago

Hey guys, does anyone happen to have a translite for sale? My current one is missing a big chunk out of the middle.

Also, very interested in a replacement upper playfield if production ever surfaces.

Thanks,
- E

#2330 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

That could be exactly what's needed to make repros, it's probably the only one in existence. Can you scan it? Thanks for keeping it all these years.

OK Space Station commanders , it's your lucky day ..... I provided my decals for scanning and sets are now available to order. Form an orderly line

https://www.retrorefurbs.com/shop/space-station-upper-playfield-decals/

space-station-decals-1 (resized).jpgspace-station-decals-1 (resized).jpg
#2331 5 years ago
Quoted from Ive:

OK Space Station commanders , it's your lucky day ..... I provided my decals for scanning and sets are now available to order. Form an orderly line

Yes! Very cool

#2332 5 years ago
Quoted from Ive:

Ordered a little bit ago. Thanks for making this.

#2333 5 years ago

Took space station to the Rocky Mountain Showdown this last weekend. It played like a champ all weekend and everyone seemed to enjoy it. We also had a chance to play a game on it with Barry Ousler himself!! It completely made the whole weekend worth it!

21807392-C0A6-4819-A2D1-F92179690351 (resized).jpeg21807392-C0A6-4819-A2D1-F92179690351 (resized).jpeg810D483F-F717-4408-A4D0-1DB1A1F27269 (resized).jpeg810D483F-F717-4408-A4D0-1DB1A1F27269 (resized).jpegD8FA4344-B046-4D4B-BBC6-7DEF0CFDB167 (resized).jpegD8FA4344-B046-4D4B-BBC6-7DEF0CFDB167 (resized).jpeg
#2334 5 years ago

That's flipping Awesome!!!

#2335 5 years ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

Took space station to the Rocky Mountain Showdown this last weekend. It played like a champ all weekend and everyone seemed to enjoy it. We also had a chance to play a game on it with Barry Ousler himself!! It completely made the whole weekend worth it!

That's really cool. Did you ask him what the switch on the left orbit does (or was supposed to do)?

#2336 5 years ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

Thanks for representing the club. Does he know of our club here?

#2337 5 years ago

Not sure if this has been mentioned before in here. Episode 36 of TOP Cast (http://www.pinrepair.com/topcast/past.php) is an interview with Barry. There's not a huge amount on Space Station, but there's a little:

TOPcast Show 35 - entire show (MP3 audio, 26meg, 75mins).
Sunday night show 5/20/07. Special guest Barry Oursler, Williams game designers from 1978 to 1996. Barry designed 35 games including Gorgar, Joust, Space Shuttle, Space Station, Comet, Pinbot, Fire, Space Station, Cyclone, Bad Cats, Harley Davidson, Dr.Who, BS Dracula, Dirty Harry, Junkyard, and many others. Barry sold over 135,000 pinball games of his design for Williams during his tenure.

http://www.pinrepair.com/topcast/showget.php?id=35

Almost wonder if it's worth making a thread for the TopCast episode and then linking all the games to it.

#2338 5 years ago

Its_me_aj - your game played like a dream! I was a real jaw dropper. Thanks for bringing it and your dad to the show. We enjoyed hanging out and seeing what a super clean space station looks like. Inspiring.

#2339 5 years ago

Hey fellow Space Station owners. If you think you would be interested in a hard top playfield replacement for your SS, head over to the hard top thread and cast your vote.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-hardtops-thread

#2340 5 years ago
Quoted from bajm:

its_me_aj - your game played like a dream! I was a real jaw dropper. Thanks for bringing it and your dad to the show. We enjoyed hanging out and seeing what a super clean space station looks like. Inspiring.

I’m glad you enjoyed. If you need any help with your space station please let us know!!!

#2341 5 years ago

I have been wanting to release this for a long time now...finally you can update your weird white plastic space station with something more realistic looking. Now available.

Check it out:

https://pinbotz.com/products/space-station

space-station (resized).jpgspace-station (resized).jpgspace-station-close (resized).jpgspace-station-close (resized).jpg
#2343 5 years ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

Ordered!!! That looks amazing!!

Thank you for the order & kind words!

#2344 5 years ago

Wow!!!! Nice!!!

#2347 5 years ago

Just picked up a Space Station and am excited to join the club. I'm tracking down a few issues at the moment and would love to get some help from the group, some or all which might be related to some battery leak down the board hitting the 2 PIA chips below the battery holder. I did have to take the head off and disconnect all cables to fit it into my basement.

Issue 1: No Sound (anyone have pics of their sound board with all cables attached?)
Issue 2: Space station rotates and resets in attract mode, but when starting a game, it makes a buzzing noise
Issue 3: For the top 2 displays, the left 2-3 digits don't always work..for example..it said "just lure" instead of "Adjust Failure". This could be great if it was Fish Tales.
Issue 4: No ground prong on power cord (will be replaced and ground checked throughout game)

I'm sure there's other issue, but these are the first to present themself. Pics coming soon!

Thanks

#2348 5 years ago
Quoted from midcoastsurf:

Just picked up a Space Station and am excited to join the club. I'm tracking down a few issues at the moment and would love to get some help from the group, some or all which might be related to some battery leak down the board hitting the 2 PIA chips below the battery holder. I did have to take the head off and disconnect all cables to fit it into my basement.
Issue 1: No Sound (anyone have pics of their sound board with all cables attached?)
Issue 2: Space station rotates and resets in attract mode, but when starting a game, it makes a buzzing noise
Issue 3: For the top 2 displays, the left 2-3 digits don't always work..for example..it said "just lure" instead of "Adjust Failure". This could be great if it was Fish Tales.
Issue 4: No ground prong on power cord (will be replaced and ground checked throughout game)
I'm sure there's other issue, but these are the first to present themself. Pics coming soon!
Thanks

I’m going with 3 being from the leak, maybe 1 also. I had issue with both from some extensive alkaline damage on my board.

Chris Hibler fixed my board and did excellent work I might add.

#2349 5 years ago
Quoted from AMBoggs:

I’m going with 3 being from the leak, maybe 1 also. I had issue with both from some extensive alkaline damage on my board.
Chris Hibler fixed my board and did excellent work I might add.

Thanks for sharing!

UPDATE

- Sound is now working (I looked at some backbox pics of Big Guns and found my lower right connector was missing).
- 2 of my relays are buzzing like crazy - the lower right (below power supply board) and one on the back of the backbox light board (upper right)

#2350 5 years ago

Its_me_aj

You should be very proud of that game. Wish I'd known it was yours. I didn't see you at the show, but most of my time in the game room was short bursts because of the awful heat.

Fantastic job!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Olympia, WA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

There are 4,188 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 84.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/space-station-club-members-only/page/47?hl=ajfclark and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.