20240226_184548 (resized).jpg
20240226_191733 (resized).jpg
20240226_191625 (resized).jpg
20240226_191654 (resized).jpg
20240226_191755 (resized).jpg
20240226_192004 (resized).jpg
20240226_191843 (resized).jpg
20240219_220145 (resized).jpg
There are 4,188 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 84.
#151 9 years ago
Quoted from bpull:

Hi Guys,
I'm still working on a better version then the current mold I have. Life has gotten in the way a little but hopefully I will start back on this soon. Once I'm happy with the reproduction I'll send one to PPS and see what we can work out as far as supplying them to everybody that needs one.
Thanks,
Brian

That would be great, just hope you don't run into any licensing problems. Ya never know.

#152 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

That would be great, just hope you don't run into any licensing problems. Ya never know.

That's what I want to avoid so I'll reach out to Rick and see what can be done.

1 week later
#153 9 years ago

Can any of you Space Station owners help me out over in my tech thread? http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/space-station-need-help-with-lighting

#154 9 years ago
Quoted from Ghostnuke:

Can any of you Space Station owners help me out over in my tech thread? http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/space-station-need-help-with-lighting

What's been posted is all I can think of. Has to be a board problem. I had the right side go out on my HS and all it was was a burnt connector to the board.

#155 9 years ago
#156 9 years ago

I really need some help here with a fuse blowing at F3

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/space-station-keeps-blowing-2-amp-fuse#post-1655027

Thank you!

1 week later
1 week later
#158 9 years ago

When I turn on SS it tells me to adjust
the
43 R. lock entry
46 plunger
63 left kicker

What do I need to do?

I could understand maybe the r lock entry, I leave everything unlocked

but the plunger?

and the left kicker?
Left kicker seems to be good

#159 9 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

the
43 R. lock entry
46 plunger
63 left kicker
What do I need to do?
but the plunger?
and the left kicker?

Lift the playfield and from the top push down the roll over wire for those switches. You should hear and/or feel a click when fully depressed. The plunger wire for that switch is located where the ball is kicked out to be shot by the plunger and the left kicker is under the long plastic with the hole in it on the left side of the pf where the wireform deposits the locked ball.

#160 9 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

the
43 R. lock entry
46 plunger
63 left kicker
What do I need to do?
but the plunger?
and the left kicker?

Go to page 30 and 31 of the instruction manual for the switch tests. Check the switch levels and Switch edges.
The manual gives a lot of information to narrow down the problems. It could be bad microswitches or some wiring shorts/opens, or something not working on the CPU board. I've had to replace several switches in the past.

The startup is saying that it detects something wrong with these three circuits.

Dennis

#161 9 years ago
Quoted from DennisAZ:

Go to page 30 and 31 of the instruction manual for the switch tests. Check the switch levels and Switch edges.
The manual gives a lot of information to narrow down the problems. It could be bad microswitches or some wiring shorts/opens, or something not working on the CPU board. I've had to replace several switches in the past.
The startup is saying that it detects something wrong with these three circuits.
Dennis

Hopefully he has a manual.

#163 9 years ago

I have a manual!!! thanks a lot guys! I will fix it all up tomorrow, hopefully with a few pics of a few slight mods I have done

#164 9 years ago

Here's how 4 double spot lights light up the pf, before and after and a Comet purple 7 led, 6.3v led strip lights up the center drain and another white strip lights up, from above, the ramp entrance which I will probably change to a purple also. Plays great in a dark room.

Spots off.JPGSpots off.JPG
IMGA0018.JPGIMGA0018.JPG
IMGA0013.JPGIMGA0013.JPG
IMGA0012.JPGIMGA0012.JPG

#165 9 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I have a manual!!! thanks a lot guys! I will fix it all up tomorrow, hopefully with a few pics of a few slight mods I have done

Can't wait to see your mods.

#166 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Here's how 4 double spot lights light up the pf

I really like the one showing on the ramp entrance drop target.

#167 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Here's how 4 double spot lights light up the pf, before and after and a Comet purple 7 led, 6.3v led strip lights up the center drain and another white strip lights up, from above, the ramp entrance which I will probably change to a purple also. Plays great in a dark room.

Where did you get your spot lights? And the comet purple led strips?

Really nice

#168 9 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

I really like the one showing on the ramp entrance drop target.

RCA1 thanks, helps make the ramp shot easier to see but not to make.

Chosen_S, spots came from Pinballbulbs.com and the strips came from Cometpinball.com

#169 9 years ago

Thanks MustangPaul!
here's a preview...

IMG_1798.JPGIMG_1798.JPG IMG_1799.JPGIMG_1799.JPG
#170 9 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Thanks MustangPaul!
here's a preview...

IMG_1798.JPG 44 KB

IMG_1799.JPG 44 KB

A Lego spaceman?

#171 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

A Lego spaceman?

You'll see
I'm waiting on a few parts before I mount them

#172 9 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

You'll see
I'm waiting on a few parts before I mount them

I know...he is going to float above the pf on back pack thrusters right.

#173 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I know...he is going to float above the pf on back pack thrusters right.

Dangit! it was supposed to be a surprise,

#174 9 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Dangit! it was supposed to be a surprise,

WOW!!! Talk about a STATE OF THE ART mod. What do I win?

#175 9 years ago

You might want to check out my part 3 of the LED modifications that I made to the space station.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/space-station-led-mod-part-3

I liked MustangPaul use of the purple spots. The closest that I could find were blue LED's since I wanted them high density with 120 LED/meter strips.

Dennis

#176 9 years ago
Quoted from DennisAZ:

You might want to check out my part 3 of the LED modifications that I made to the Space Station.
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/space-station-led-mod-part-3
I liked MustangPaul use of the purple spots. The closest that I could find were blue LED's since I wanted them high density with 120 LED/meter strips.
Dennis

That ramp lighting makes my spot lights look like poop. If I had a clear ramp I would LOVE to try and do something like that. You are THE mod man!

#177 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

WOW!!! Talk about a STATE OF THE ART mod. What do I win?

1 Free Play on my machine! and really good pics of the lego mmu if you want to copy my idea later after I finally finish it

Still waiting on parts

#178 9 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

1 Free Play on my machine! and really good pics of the lego mmu if you want to copy my idea later after I finally finish it
Still waiting on parts

I'll take it....I'll be over tonight to claim my prize.

#179 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I'll take it....I'll be over tonight to claim my prize.

did you come over last night? if you did, I didnt know, I was riding my mechanical bull and got thrown off, hit my head, my wife said I roamed around in my game room for three hours chanting "conDITION GREEN" I woke up this morning with a green LED in my mouth

#180 9 years ago

Yes I was over last night, when nobody came to the door I peeked in a window and saw this guy (you I guessed) half walking half stumbling around mumbling to himself so I just thought he was drunk and I really didn't want to deal with a drunk so I left. Well next time I guess.

#181 9 years ago

Ok, Im sobered up from my fall with the bull, too bad it wasn't alcohol....
and I got parts in!

14453218925_b8b74b426e_k.jpg14453218925_b8b74b426e_k.jpg

14451862902_a932130ade_k.jpg14451862902_a932130ade_k.jpg

14451864342_955f8c202f_k.jpg14451864342_955f8c202f_k.jpg

#182 9 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

and I got parts in!

Great looking mod! How do they hold up during game play?

#183 9 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Ok, Im sobered up from my fall with the bull, too bad it wasn't alcohol....
and I got parts in!

Totally rad.
-mof

#185 9 years ago
Quoted from waveman:

Great looking mod! How do they hold up during game play?

Thank you guys... they hold up well, the essential parts are glued to gether, and the post screws keep the gray support arm from letting them move, easily mountable all over the play field

#186 9 years ago

So... Recently made a new clear ramp for High Speed that has been pretty well received. Have decided I want to do another one and have picked Space Station (right ramp) since they are simply unavailable. Just spoke with a friend that has agreed to loan me his game so that I can get started on it. Will keep all posted as I go.

#187 9 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

So... Recently made a new clear ramp for High Speed that has been pretty well received. Have decided I want to do another one and have picked Space Station (right ramp) since they are simply unavailable. Just spoke with a friend that has agreed to loan me his game so that I can get started on it. Will keep all posted as I go.

Nice! I needed something to spend money on, LOL!

#188 9 years ago

Looks like the ramp for Space Station will be reproduced by Twisted Pins. Good luck with your repair.

#189 9 years ago
Quoted from knobstone:

Looks like the ramp for Space Station will be reproduced by Twisted Pins. Good luck with your repair.

If Twisted Pins is doing a repro, then I'll skip the black ones and just do clear and colors.

#190 9 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

If Twisted Pins is doing a repro, then I'll skip the black ones and just do clear and colors.

I have a feeling TP's is not going to sell very many ESPECIALLY if yours comes with a light mod and if you do as before doing the switch riveting also. You have my order too. Don't ya just love repeat customers.

#191 9 years ago

I do this only for you, Paul...

#193 9 years ago

it's such a coincidence that I have gotten a high speed and a space station within the last 3 months, and Freeplay40's doing all these amazing ramps that haven't been pursued in a long time, kudos Mark!

#194 9 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

it's such a coincidence that I have gotten a High Speed and a Space Station within the last 3 months, and Freeplay40's doing all these amazing ramps that haven't been pursued in a long time, kudos Mark!

Yup, Mark is quite the craftsman. We are lucky to have him in our hobby.

#195 9 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

it's such a coincidence that I have gotten a High Speed and a Space Station within the last 3 months, and Freeplay40's doing all these amazing ramps that haven't been pursued in a long time, kudos Mark!

Quoted from MustangPaul:

Yup, Mark is quite the craftsman. We are lucky to have him in our hobby.

Thanks, guys!

1 month later
#196 9 years ago

From SS ramp thread...

Quoted from Chosen_S:

Space Station toy alternative:
I'm having a lego model artist design and build a replacement, I know it's not the usual speed of doing things here, but I have been an avid lego fan for decades, and thought it would be fun to have a lego Space Station to swap with the original. We plan to incorporate some Led's... I'll post pics and info when it finishes

Update with this... Things are moving forward, we have the shape down, the edges are being worked on.

#197 9 years ago

I just finished shopping mine out; here are a few beauty shots (I forgot to put my shuttle back on first).

I'm pretty happy with how wax is protecting the NOS playfield I installed about 4 years ago. There are probably about 2,000 plays and it still looks as good as new (except for inserts, which lost some paint when I removed the factory mylar from the NOS playfield - grr).

IMG_5956.JPGIMG_5956.JPG IMG_5959.JPGIMG_5959.JPG IMG_5960.JPGIMG_5960.JPG
#198 9 years ago

I'm having a problem with Stop and Score, and I wonder if it's a software bug. Sometimes the Stop and Score is active (annoying beep, flashing insert), but the drop target is still up. I especially see it after a multiball. Has anyone else seen this problem?

#199 9 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I just finished shopping mine out; here are a few beauty shots (I forgot to put my shuttle back on first).
I'm pretty happy with how wax is protecting the NOS playfield I installed about 4 years ago. There are probably about 2,000 plays and it still looks as good as new (except for inserts, which lost some paint when I removed the factory mylar from the NOS playfield - grr).

IMG_5956.JPG 238 KB

IMG_5959.JPG 344 KB

IMG_5960.JPG 298 KB

When your pf was new how hard was it to take the mylar off. What all paint and/or decals came off?

#200 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

When your pf was new how hard was it to take the mylar off. What all paint and/or decals came off?

I didn't lose any paint from the playfield, but I lost some insert artwork. I ordered and installed decals from Classic Arcades (link below), but they're not quite the right size - at least they weren't when I got them several years ago. I may roll the dice again on these...

ebay.com link: SPACE STATION Pinball Machine Playfield Insert Decal Set

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Olympia, WA
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,188 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 84.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/space-station-club-members-only/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.