20240226_184548 (resized).jpg
20240226_191733 (resized).jpg
20240226_191625 (resized).jpg
20240226_191654 (resized).jpg
20240226_191755 (resized).jpg
20240226_192004 (resized).jpg
20240226_191843 (resized).jpg
20240219_220145 (resized).jpg
There are 4,188 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 84.
#1451 7 years ago
Quoted from TicTacSeth:

Day 2 of a fully operational machine. What a couple of days. Last night after playing my first few rounds with my boy on this machine (cleaned it up, new ramp, new flippers, etc.) I was finishing with some final table fixes when I turn it on and have the Adjust Switch notice pop up for the first time on switches 46, 50 and 52. So I think, "let me clean up and I'll get to it in the morning. I pick up the glass to move it to a safer location in case my kids go to that room, and as I'm carrying it ... it exploded... in my hands ... right before my eyes.
Thank goodness for shop vacs, but also, WTF? Did that just happen? So cleaning is how I spent my morning instead.
I come back tonight to give the Switch Adjust errors a go, when I realize ... no more error? So I play a round. What a round it was, my first high score at around 5 million! Time to enter my initials for the first time in my first ever pin ... and I can't figure out how ...
To top it all off ... the Adjust Switch error when you flip it on is back.
Sooo, roller coaster happening, but question: how are high score initials supposed to be entered? (I'll research the switch problem later lol)

I hope you weren't cut. I haven't had a sheet break....unless I broke it on purpose.

#1452 7 years ago

Wow! That's crazy. 10 years ago a friend of mine took a sheet outside and did a video of him trying to break the glass. Hit it with a hammer or something , it finally broke, but took a lot of hitting. Not as fragile as I thought. Yours must have had a chip or something that started it shattering. Glad your ok, and IT WAS NOT IN THE GAME ! Imagine the clean up that would present.
JP

#1453 7 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Dang! What an emotional rollercoaster !
Initials are changed with flipper buttons, pressing the start button enters them in one at a time

Ha, I was afraid of that. Flipper buttons did nothing at all. I went just over the point total for the last place point score to try it again, flippers didn't work, but the start button did advance to the next character, all still blank. So something else I need to figure out.

Also, when I got the machine, I could swear it was set up (when I tried it before buying) so when you hit the flippers it would rotate the 1-2-3 so you could move the open spot, which would help get that bonus. Added something fun to the game. Anyone know what setting that is?

#1454 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I hope you weren't cut. I haven't had a sheet break....unless I broke it on purpose.

Surprisingly only two small cuts, wasn't too bad. I might have had a minor case of shock though, my brain couldn't reconcile how that was possible, haha! I actually did a google search and saw this happened to someone else here at pinside, so at least I'm not alone in this phenomenon.

#1455 7 years ago
Quoted from joey__p__1966:

Wow! That's crazy. 10 years ago a friend of mine took a sheet outside and did a video of him trying to break the glass. Hit it with a hammer or something , it finally broke, but took a lot of hitting. Not as fragile as I thought. Yours must have had a chip or something that started it shattering. Glad your ok, and IT WAS NOT IN THE GAME ! Imagine the clean up that would present.
JP

Amen to that, would be impossible to get out of everything. The glass looked like it was probably original, not in the best of shape. A lot of scratches on it. Time to open the wallet again haha!

#1456 7 years ago

Seth, If I remember right, you just did a flipper rebuild on this game. I think both flippers have lane change switches on them as well as the EOS switches. Maybe a wire came off one of them, or some adjusting is needed. They are normally open until you hit the flipper, then close. They are just the opposite of the EOS in that respect. They would affect your lane changing and your high score initials too.

#1457 7 years ago

What dozer said!

#1458 7 years ago
Quoted from dozer1:

Seth, If I remember right, you just did a flipper rebuild on this game. I think both flippers have lane change switches on them as well as the EOS switches. Maybe a wire came off one of them, or some adjusting is needed. They are normally open until you hit the flipper, then close. They are just the opposite of the EOS in that respect. They would affect your lane changing and your high score initials too.

Just checked them out, looks like my gap is fine, and I cleaned them. I might be wire hunting....

#1459 7 years ago

That sucks!

#1460 7 years ago
Quoted from TicTacSeth:

Just checked them out, looks like my gap is fine, and I cleaned them. I might be wire hunting....

The high score initial select function is through the lane change switches, which are "piggybacked" onto the main flipper switches, not the flipper switches themselves.
Do the lane change switches work in game play? They should change the lit 1,2, and 3 roll through lanes on the upper mini playfield when the flipper buttons are pushed.

#1461 7 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

The high score initial select function is through the lane change switches, which are "piggybacked" onto the main flipper switches, not the flipper switches themselves.
Do the lane change switches work in game play? They should change the lit 1,2, and 3 roll through lanes on the upper mini playfield when the flipper buttons are pushed.

Negative, they aren't working in game play. They did when I first got it though, so I must have done something during the flipper rebuild.

Also, I bought this machine with the whole left side GI not working. I identified the IDC burned on it, but dang, I didn't know there was a punch tool I should have purchased with the new connectors. I don't want to pay shipping again from PL! Haha

#1462 7 years ago

Selling some spare parts from my Space Station. I have a hard to find working space station motor, almost a full set of plastics, some of which are new and some used, and a System 11a Power Supply 5756-09466-01 which was supposedly rebuilt but I never used it. Anyone interested in these before I put them up on ebay? $150 or best offer for everything?

IMG_1362 (resized).JPGIMG_1362 (resized).JPG

IMG_1360 (resized).JPGIMG_1360 (resized).JPG

IMG_1358 (resized).JPGIMG_1358 (resized).JPG

IMG_1363 (resized).JPGIMG_1363 (resized).JPG

#1463 7 years ago

Nice, I only really need the single pop bumper plastic. That one is missing on mine.

Actually, I want to ask a question about the red cap for that from bumper. Is it supposed to be chopped like this for the ramp to come through?

IMG_0165 (resized).JPGIMG_0165 (resized).JPG

#1464 7 years ago

Yes, it is chopped by design.

#1465 7 years ago

Well that's a different look.

20170205_130050 (resized).jpg20170205_130050 (resized).jpg

20170205_124549 (resized).jpg20170205_124549 (resized).jpg

#1467 7 years ago
Quoted from bpull:

The white space station looks awesome!

#1468 7 years ago
Quoted from bpull:

thats a good idea, now we just need to dress it up a little, great work!!!

#1469 7 years ago

You need a Blue Ramp.

#1470 7 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

thats a good idea, now we just need to dress it up a little, great work!!!

Actually working on something now, revealing soon!

#1471 7 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

You need a Blue Ramp.

I do have one, but need the time to put it in.

#1472 7 years ago

Nice, I like the white under the space station, and I actually like the yellow lighting on the blue upper playfield too.

I have a question on the blue ramp for those that have it. At the bottom of the ramp, there's enough space between the left post and the drop target in front of the ramp for the ball to sneak through. The target doesn't drop when it gets behind there, so the ball just gets stuck and I have to remove the glass or full tilt the machine to get it out. Anyone else have this happen? Is there a fatter post pad I should consider getting to close that gap?

#1473 7 years ago
Quoted from TicTacSeth:

Nice, I like the white under the space station, and I actually like the yellow lighting on the blue upper playfield too.
I have a question on the blue ramp for those that have it. At the bottom of the ramp, there's enough space between the left post and the drop target in front of the ramp for the ball to sneak through. The target doesn't drop when it gets behind there, so the ball just gets stuck and I have to remove the glass or full tilt the machine to get it out. Anyone else have this happen? Is there a fatter post pad I should consider getting to close that gap?

That happens quite a bit, I just have to nudge mine to get it free. Is your game level, what's your pf angle setting?

#1474 7 years ago
Quoted from TicTacSeth:

At the bottom of the ramp, there's enough space between the left post and the drop target in front of the ramp for the ball to sneak through. The target doesn't drop when it gets behind there, so the ball just gets stuck and I have to remove the glass or full tilt the machine to get it out. Anyone else have this happen?

That happens a lot on mine, but I've never had the ball get stuck. It always rolls down the ramp behind the target and pops out through the gap between the target and the ramp's right wall, dribbling back to the flippers (or more likely getting launched by the right sling, arrgh).

I'd check your pf level and target mech alignment. Maybe the target mech needs to be moved to the left just a bit, to enlarge the gap on the right. Or maybe you have too fat a post on the right?

#1475 7 years ago
Quoted from TicTacSeth:

I have never had that happen to me. I have the ball sneak past the drop target on the left fairly often from the left kickback. Then it just rolls out on the right side. I wonder if my drop target isnt stock? I'll try to remember to get a picture of it.

#1476 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

That happens quite a bit, I just have to nudge mine to get it free. Is your game level, what's your pf angle setting?

I'm at a 6-degree angle on the table, and there's not enough room for it to pass through on the right. I'll take a look and see if I can adjust over, I already pushed the ramp as far as it can go.

#1477 7 years ago

Woooo! Finally got the new LED display. I've been playing this game for 5 years and couldent see my score. -_-

Love the way it looks. Also was trying to go through the menu with the new display and found some of the buttons inside the coin door don't seem to work. Also found this monstrosity of a mess... anyone know what's happening in the other two pictures? Did I mention the previous owner did some F'd up electrical work? Sigh....

IMG_4613 (resized).JPGIMG_4613 (resized).JPG

IMG_4614 (resized).JPGIMG_4614 (resized).JPG

IMG_4612 (resized).JPGIMG_4612 (resized).JPG

#1478 7 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

anyone know what's happening in the other two pictures?

Just a guess, but maybe some screwed up way of powering/activating that play counter?
Or just a "burn down your house" circuit.

#1479 7 years ago

Hope it's not the second one. Going to untangle that mess this weekend.

BTW took a pic of my drop target. Mine is pushed all the way to the left. So I guess that gives the ball room to roll out on the right:

IMG_4622 (resized).JPGIMG_4622 (resized).JPG

#1480 7 years ago

Picked up a project space station the other day. After I finish cleaning up the PF I'm going to start trying to assemble it back together. I know I have a new freeplay40 ramp for it but the mini playfeild is destroyed. Are these available or how hard are they to find? Other than that I think I'll have a solid players game once I get it all back together. I also have some wires that I think are for the displays but this game came with a new rottendog display. Hopefully this weekend I can make some progress

IMG_5460 (resized).JPGIMG_5460 (resized).JPG

IMG_5461 (resized).JPGIMG_5461 (resized).JPG

IMG_5462 (resized).JPGIMG_5462 (resized).JPG

#1481 7 years ago

Congrats! Its a fun project table! you have your work cut out for you. The upper playfield is very hard to find I believe.

#1482 7 years ago

Yes, the upper PF is the true unicorn part for this machine. Freeplay40 has stated that the way that pf was made, it's uneconomical to reproduce unless the original molds turn up. I proposed a couple ideas to redesign it for function within his capabilities, but it seems he's overwhelmed with demand for other easier parts so... don't hold your breath.

Do you have the Upper PF in whatever shape it's in? There may be ways to repair and reinforce it. Mine was cracked in several places and prone to further damage. But I repaired what I could using reasonable techniques and adhesives, and reinforced the fragile areas with discreet mylar. Including pieces that chipped off at edge of the drain hole. So far it's held up great over a few hundred subsequent plays and you really can't tell much was done without looking very closely.

#1483 7 years ago

Yes I have it and it's in...one piece. It's covered in a Bed liner sort of material that ought work for now but I'd like to replace it if possible.

IMG_5483 (resized).JPGIMG_5483 (resized).JPG

#1484 7 years ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

Yes I have it and it's...

Um. Wh-- wha-- hu---

my-brain-is-full-of-fuck (resized).jpgmy-brain-is-full-of-fuck (resized).jpg

I guess that was one way of preserving it...? But man, what that must do for ball travel and dirt... just... wow.

Is it coated on both sides? I wonder how that stuff can be removed, if a plastic-safe solvent bath might do it like removing paint. I wonder how bad it is beneath. Wow. I feel your pain!!

#1485 7 years ago

Ouch... not gonna lie.... that image hurts to look at.

#1486 7 years ago

I thought about trying to make something similar to the mini pf in the pinbot series games but I'm not sure if it will work or not. Figured I'd try to find a replacement first

#1487 7 years ago

I am going to try and design a replacement upper playfield (and replacement plastics) once I get my Glowforge laser cutter. but that wont be until 'some time' this summer at the earliest...

#1488 7 years ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

I thought about trying to make something similar to the mini pf in the pinbot series games but I'm not sure if it will work or not.

Yeah, I personally think a multi-piece part is the only way these could be remade.

The advantage you have in this part is that it's not a complex / arcane curve subject to high velocity or force from the ball, and it's pretty geometrically simple. By the time the ball dumps out of the wireforms, it's relatively slow. So it merely bounces around the lanes, rolls through, then falls through the hole. The walls are relatively straight and don't need to interact with or guide the ball much.

So in theory you might get by with a stiff piece of flat plastic for the base. The trickiest part would be attaching the wireforms so that they are flush with the surface (as provided by the recesses in the original upper pf). You could mount standard lane guides in place of the original's molded, shaped ones. Add side walls (and switches and bulbs) and that's basically it.

Not easy in the strictest sense... but not impossible either...

#1489 7 years ago

Well I got the game to boot up and play (things just kinda put together to see what all it needs)!!!!

The only issues I have are flippers but they are taken apart, and the pop bumpers do not work at all. There are wires cut off of them for some reason. Could someone take a picture of their pop bumper wiring for me?

IMG_5513 (resized).JPGIMG_5513 (resized).JPG

IMG_5515 (resized).JPGIMG_5515 (resized).JPG

IMG_5514 (resized).JPGIMG_5514 (resized).JPG

IMG_5519 (resized).JPGIMG_5519 (resized).JPG

IMG_5520 (resized).JPGIMG_5520 (resized).JPG

IMG_5521 (resized).JPGIMG_5521 (resized).JPG

#1490 7 years ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

Yes I have it and it's in...one piece. It's covered in a Bed liner sort of material that ought work for now but I'd like to replace it if possible.

that is both cool and crazy, at least it's not busted and somewhat usable

#1491 7 years ago

Condition silver might go with that crazy looking upper playfield.

20170212_125559 (resized).jpg20170212_125559 (resized).jpg

#1492 7 years ago

My lane diverter is still stopping in random locations. The gears are fine, the motor is fine, and i have cleaned the optos thoroughly.

I saw the suggestion to re-pin the big 15 connector on the main power board, but honestly it looks like its in perfect shape. I'd hate to go through all that work for nothing....

At this point I suspect one of the two optos is not working at all. I'm trying to devise a way to test that?

#1493 7 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

I saw the suggestion to re-pin the big 15 connector on the main power board, but honestly it looks like its in perfect shape. I'd hate to go through all that work for nothing...

The 15 pin plug sure fixed mine up. It also looked fine, but those darn IDC plugs commonly fail where the wire is pushed into the plug. The board pins and the plug can look great and really be biting. That doesn't matter when the bad connection is at the wire where it is pushed into the plug. Can't guarantee that is it in your case, but I would suggest re-pinning it. It's been 2-3 months man.

#1494 7 years ago
Quoted from dozer1:

The 15 pin plug sure fixed mine up. It also looked fine, but those darn IDC plugs commonly fail where the wire is pushed into the plug. The board pins and the plug can look great and really be biting. That doesn't matter when the bad connection is at the wire where it is pushed into the plug. Can't guarantee that is it in your case, but I would suggest re-pinning it. It's been 2-3 months man.

So mine is the same way, stops in random places, and I cleaned the optos. Which 15 pin should I be checking?

#1495 7 years ago

It's the plug for 3J6 on the power supply board

#1496 7 years ago

LOL, I know... The pin is in my office lobby so its been hard to find time to mess with it. That and I have a 4 month old puppy i have been dealing with. He's a handful.

I'll try to set asside some time to do the 15 pin.

I am also having trouble with my drop targets sometimes never coming back up. was this also an issue when your 15 pin was messed up? Its weird that sometimes it works and other times it just stops.

#1497 7 years ago

I actually think the drop targets were acting like that too. I was way more pissed at the screwy acting space station diverter though. The pin hasn't missed a beat since the re-pinning. Again, different pins can have different problems, but this sure sounds like mine. Also, mine was a low use, excellent condition pin with perfect looking boards and not even burnt GI plugs. You wouldn't have known it was bad by looking at it.

#1498 7 years ago
Quoted from dozer1:

I actually think the drop targets were acting like that too. I was way more pissed at the screwy acting space station diverter though. The pin hasn't missed a beat since the re-pinning. Again, different pins can have different problems, but this sure sounds like mine. Also, mine was a low use, excellent condition pin with perfect looking boards and not even burnt GI plugs. You wouldn't have known it was bad by looking at it.

I re pinned and reflowed my sof power supply and it worked wonders for the drop targets... in sure the same goes for space station

#1499 7 years ago

Found a couple more cut wires with no clue where they go. They are orange in color. So I have no clue where they go and the missing wires off the pop bumpers. Any help would be much appreciated

IMG_5514 (resized).JPGIMG_5514 (resized).JPG

IMG_5515 (resized).JPGIMG_5515 (resized).JPG

IMG_5516 (resized).JPGIMG_5516 (resized).JPG

IMG_5523 (resized).JPGIMG_5523 (resized).JPG

#1500 7 years ago

Also maybe all this cut wires are why my pop bumpers are not working?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Olympia, WA
$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 4,188 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 84.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/space-station-club-members-only/page/30 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.