20240226_184548 (resized).jpg
20240226_191733 (resized).jpg
20240226_191625 (resized).jpg
20240226_191654 (resized).jpg
20240226_191755 (resized).jpg
20240226_192004 (resized).jpg
20240226_191843 (resized).jpg
20240219_220145 (resized).jpg
There are 4,188 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 84.
#1401 7 years ago

Problem solved!! It was that ceramic resistor on the flashboard inside the cabinet! But som other issue still makes its presents the flashers reacts to the slingshots are they supposed to do that? need to put some more diodes somewhere?

#1402 7 years ago

20161229_100938 (resized).jpg20161229_100938 (resized).jpg

#1403 7 years ago

Hi all,

Joining the club! I'm new to this, and Space Shuttle is now my first pin. It's a fixer, but got it for $500. (Hopefully it's a deal). Almost playable, left flipper is super weak, but read a lot about getting a rebuild or upgrade kit or something.

I will be hitting you all up a lot, I know nothing about coils, EOS or anything else yet, but I'm a tinkerer. So far I can't figure out why the lights under the left scoring bumper (by the left flipper) don't turn on, both whites and greens, and greens up the rest of the left side don't turn on either. Everything is fine on the right side.

Nice to meet you all, and excited to find such a large community with the same machine!

Seth

#1404 7 years ago
Quoted from TicTacSeth:

Hi all,
Joining the club! I'm new to this, and Space Shuttle is now my first pin. It's a fixer, but got it for $500. (Hopefully it's a deal). Almost playable, left flipper is super weak, but read a lot about getting a rebuild or upgrade kit or something.
I will be hitting you all up a lot, I know nothing about coils, EOS or anything else yet, but I'm a tinkerer. So far I can't figure out why the lights under the left scoring bumper (by the left flipper) don't turn on, both whites and greens, and greens up the rest of the left side don't turn on either. Everything is fine on the right side.
Nice to meet you all, and excited to find such a large community with the same machine!
Seth

Yo, I'm guessing you mean Space Station?

Welcome to the club!

$500 is a great deal now days,

I'm curious to know who has paid the least for their space station here, not that it should be a pissing contest, just curious... I paid $210 for mine about 3ish years ago, but I bet I have about another $2k in it.

#1405 7 years ago

Hello,

almost all our beloved games have abbreviations. Space Station has none, becuase SS could be confused with other machines.
Considering there are no other games containing the word "station", I think that this could be a good abbreviation for this machine: Station.

What you think?

#1406 7 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

What you think?

It would be a good idea to have an abbreviation for Space Station. My opinion would be to just use SS, even though it would be sharing the abbreviation with Scared Stiff.
It would be like WW. Easy to tell which one the OP is talking about by the content of the thread. Either one would be fine. Recently I got TTR started just by sending Robin a PM and asking.

#1407 7 years ago

Haha, dang, first post and I wrote the name wrong. #noob

I did in fact mean Space Station

#1408 7 years ago

What about SpS or SSt?

#1409 7 years ago

I'm happy to add an abbreviation for you! But keep in mind that they are not considered case sensitive. So SSt would collide with SST, which is Star Ship Troopers. Brainstorm away and when you have consensus I'll add it to the database.

#1410 7 years ago
Quoted from TicTacSeth:

Hi all,
Seth

Hi Seth welcome to the club. I payed 1400 for mine 2 years ago, only issue is the green lights are always on.....and it's not the relay.

#1411 7 years ago
Quoted from robin:

I'm happy to add an abbreviation for you! But keep in mind that they are not considered case sensitive. So SSt would collide with SST, which is Star Ship Troopers. Brainstorm away and when you have consensus I'll add it to the database.

SpS?

#1412 7 years ago
Quoted from dozer1:

It would be a good idea to have an abbreviation for Space Station. My opinion would be to just use SS, even though it would be sharing the abbreviation with Scared Stiff.
It would be like WW. Easy to tell which one the OP is talking about by the content of the thread. Either one would be fine. Recently I got TTR started just by sending Robin a PM and asking.

For Robin and in general: I believe there should be no two identical abbreviations. The WW collision should be sorted out.

#1414 7 years ago

I prefer SS and to have it link both options in the drop down, like WW.

To be honest, I think Scared Stiff should be changed to "Scared" or "Stiffy"

SS shoudl JUST be for SpaceStation

#1415 7 years ago

Space Staion came first and should get SS. Scared Stiff... maybe SSTF?

#1416 7 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Space Staion came first and should get SS. Scared Stiff... maybe SSTF?

Didn't Space Shuttle come first?

#1417 7 years ago

Personally, there should not be duplicates.

Water World WWo
Whirlwind WWi
Scared Stiff SS
Space Station SSt
Space Shuttle SSh

#1418 7 years ago

Use of game abbreviations has always been a pet peeve of mine. What's so hard about just typing Space Station? When I see SS I think of Strikes and Spares or Supersonic.

#1419 7 years ago

Abbreviations are widely used in many fields to speed things up when you write the same things over and over and over again. If you write "Space Station" once per day, no problem. But if you address, compare, discuss that game (togheter with other games as well) several times, even in a single post, its nice to use abbreviations instead of "the game", "the machine", "the title", "Space Station", "Twilight Zone", or even "Arabian Nights", etc..

#1420 7 years ago

Also, this is a pinball website, and its ok to have a specialized jargon.

#1421 7 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

Personally, there should not be duplicates.
Water World WWo
Whirlwind WWi
Scared Stiff SS
Space Station SSt
Space Shuttle SSh

SST is StarShipTroopers to most (even though not Pinside abbrev yet; robin please make it happen)

#1422 7 years ago

Sorry SpS for Space Station

#1423 7 years ago

Please open a new thread to discuss acronyms.
-mof

#1425 7 years ago

Hey, I read about updating flippers on Sys 11s. I see two different rebuild kits on Marcos. How do I know which one it is?

Seth

#1426 7 years ago
Quoted from TicTacSeth:

Hey, I read about updating flippers on Sys 11s. I see two different rebuild kits on Marcos. How do I know which one it is?

Get the newer style shaft assemblies so that you can update to the newer style return spring (see Vid's guide) they have an extra metal tab on them with a hole for the spring to attach

#1427 7 years ago

vid's guide has a page showing the ideal Pinball Life order for it.
-mof

#1428 7 years ago

Vids guide, I'll find it and check it out! Thanks guys!

#1430 7 years ago

Really not worth replacing the flipper mechs with WPC versions. There is nothing wrong with the spring setup on System 11 machines. Unless you just want to do it to make yourself happy, I would not recommend it.
--Scott

#1431 7 years ago

It's hijack Tuesday in this thread.

Performance -- and it's subtle, not everyone will be looking for it. I will.

My favorite reason to switch spring types is to improve performance.

When I'm serious about my game, I always want to get my flipper to "resting position" asap during a slap save attempt. I want as many flips as possible. It's far more responsive with a tight spring pulling, than with a loose old spring pushing.

If changing springs means I can get in in 3 flips instead of 2 as the ball goes nearly SDTM, I'll pay any price to get that extra flip. Not everyone cares about performance the same way.

-mof

#1432 7 years ago
Quoted from mof:

When I'm serious about my game, I always want to get my flipper to "resting position" asap during a slap save attempt. I want as many flips as possible. It's far more responsive with a tight spring pulling, than with a loose old spring pushing.
If changing springs means I can get in in 3 flips instead of 2 as the ball goes nearly SDTM, I'll pay any price to get that extra flip. Not everyone cares about performance the same way.
-mof

I agree 100% and upgrade all my sys 11 games to the better spring rebuilds.

#1434 7 years ago
Quoted from mof:

-mof

All good. Figured I would throw out my opinion as I have used all these styles of assemblies in numerous games of mine. I did choose to use WPC flipper assemblies with the extension spring for my custom game because it was cheapest. I have all of my System 11 games including Space Station set up with stock configurations and notice no difference between these and the WPC ones. This could also be because they are freshly rebuilt and clean. So to me, it is not worth the money to swap them out witht he WPC configuration. This is just an opinion though, so feel free to disagree.
--Scott

#1435 7 years ago

Ok ....... I am going to go ahead & admit this here , instead of "The Confessional" where it belongs but on my System 11's ....... I run both Springs , it makes for a snappy flipper

#1436 7 years ago

Hey, new question about fuses. I'm still getting familiar with this machine, and I'm seeing about 5 fuses that are not as specified in the manual. There are 3 that should be 2A and 2 that should be 4A, and this machine has 5A everywhere.

So question, will that matter? Or could there be a reason it's a higher amperage?

#1437 7 years ago
Quoted from TicTacSeth:

Hey, new question about fuses. I'm still getting familiar with this machine, and I'm seeing about 5 fuses that are not as specified in the manual. There are 3 that should be 2A and 2 that should be 4A, and this machine has 5A everywhere.
So question, will that matter? Or could there be a reason it's a higher amperage?

Replace ALL the fuses with the manual specified values. Whoever did that was just lazy and he's lucky he didn't burn the game down.

#1438 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Replace ALL the fuses with the manual specified values. Whoever did that was just lazy and he's lucky he didn't burn the game down.

That's what I thought, will do!

#1439 7 years ago
Quoted from TicTacSeth:

That's what I thought, will do!

I just hope he didn't up the fuses cuz he was having problems popping fuses.

#1440 7 years ago

Can someone tell me what the inlane "Spot Shuttle" does? Does it just change the shuttle Value?

Thanks
Rob

#1441 7 years ago

Hey, I know what the optics is, but what exactly am I cleaning on there?

#1442 7 years ago

Hello friends looking for a pic of the drop target in front of the ramp (the connector). This connector was redone at some point and I suspect it's wrong as the game has a switch matrix issue when it's connected.

Thank you in advance

#1443 7 years ago

coz6, this should help...

IMG_1125 (resized).jpgIMG_1125 (resized).jpg

#1444 7 years ago
Quoted from sagejr:

coz6, this should help...

THANK YOU!

#1445 7 years ago

Hi all, I need some help. 2 things:

Reading some repair guides, I tracked down a burned wire, my question is, where do I find this part? I jumped on Marcos, but I don't see the 9 pin female end of this connector. I hope this is why my GI on the left side has no juice. So, looking for this part. (I know, total noob question)

Also, I just upgraded my flippers, cleaned everything inside and put it all back together, but now my pop bumpers aren't popping. I just switched out a ton of fuses as for some reason they put 5's everywhere, so swapped out with what the manual showed. And they all look good still. Where else should I look?

Thanks all!

IMG_0131 (resized).JPGIMG_0131 (resized).JPG

#1446 7 years ago

those are .156 IDC (Insulation Displacement Contact) connectors.

to replace those i usually buy Trifurcon pins and housings from Ed at Great Plains Electronics. they are crimp-on so take some extra effort and practice but the three-sided connector makes a more reliable connection resulting in fewer burned contacts like that. Marco might carry them as well.

if you don't want to crimp you can get the original IDC's just like that through Marco (they are listed under Electrical & Electronics >> Circuit Board Components >> Connectors) or from Pinball Life. if you go the IDC route you'll want to get a punch-down tool as well to seat the wire properly in the connector. these can range from $10 for a plastic version up to $40 or $50 for a nice metal one.

either way you'll want to replace the header pins too. i usually pick up the longer 24-pin break-away style so i can replace several headers at once for less money but it looks like neither Pinball Life nor Marco carry those (though GPE does have them.) make sure whatever headers you pick up that they have the locking shroud.

#1447 7 years ago

Thanks 300, I'll check that out.

Crazy thing, I just figured out the pop bumper problem. I found something online about system 11 repair, and the fuses listed for the board were different than what's in the manual. For F3 & F4 online it said 2.5A fuses, and the manual says 2A. So I found another 2.5A fuse and swapped it out, back in action! Now I just need to replace that contact.

#1448 7 years ago

mine looked worse before i replaced it.

sys 11 connector (resized).jpgsys 11 connector (resized).jpg

#1449 7 years ago

Day 2 of a fully operational machine. What a couple of days. Last night after playing my first few rounds with my boy on this machine (cleaned it up, new ramp, new flippers, etc.) I was finishing with some final table fixes when I turn it on and have the Adjust Switch notice pop up for the first time on switches 46, 50 and 52. So I think, "let me clean up and I'll get to it in the morning. I pick up the glass to move it to a safer location in case my kids go to that room, and as I'm carrying it ... it exploded... in my hands ... right before my eyes.

Thank goodness for shop vacs, but also, WTF? Did that just happen? So cleaning is how I spent my morning instead.

I come back tonight to give the Switch Adjust errors a go, when I realize ... no more error? So I play a round. What a round it was, my first high score at around 5 million! Time to enter my initials for the first time in my first ever pin ... and I can't figure out how ...

To top it all off ... the Adjust Switch error when you flip it on is back.

Sooo, roller coaster happening, but question: how are high score initials supposed to be entered? (I'll research the switch problem later lol)

IMG_0150 (resized).JPGIMG_0150 (resized).JPG

#1450 7 years ago
Quoted from TicTacSeth:

Day 2 of a fully operational machine. What a couple of days. Last night after playing my first few rounds with my boy on this machine (cleaned it up, new ramp, new flippers, etc.) I was finishing with some final table fixes when I turn it on and have the Adjust Switch notice pop up for the first time on switches 46, 50 and 52. So I think, "let me clean up and I'll get to it in the morning. I pick up the glass to move it to a safer location in case my kids go to that room, and as I'm carrying it ... it exploded... in my hands ... right before my eyes.
Thank goodness for shop vacs, but also, WTF? Did that just happen? So cleaning is how I spent my morning instead.
I come back tonight to give the Switch Adjust errors a go, when I realize ... no more error? So I play a round. What a round it was, my first high score at around 5 million! Time to enter my initials for the first time in my first ever pin ... and I can't figure out how ...
To top it all off ... the Adjust Switch error when you flip it on is back.
Sooo, roller coaster happening, but question: how are high score initials supposed to be entered? (I'll research the switch problem later lol)

Dang! What an emotional rollercoaster !

Initials are changed with flipper buttons, pressing the start button enters them in one at a time

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Olympia, WA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 4,188 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 84.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/space-station-club-members-only/page/29 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.