20240226_191625 (resized).jpg
20240226_191654 (resized).jpg
20240226_191755 (resized).jpg
20240226_192004 (resized).jpg
20240226_191843 (resized).jpg
20240219_220145 (resized).jpg
20240219_220140 (resized).jpg
20240219_220127 (resized).jpg

There are 4,171 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 84.
#1351 7 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

out of the 30 or so warm LEDs I bought from Marco, 6-7 of them were defective. anyone else ever had that high a ratio of failure? or am i just lucky?

VERY nice job. I've bought about 1000 bulbs and strips from Comet and not had a single bad one. They have BY FAR the best selection also, no one else even comes close.

#1352 7 years ago

Here you go scarybeard! Hope this helps. Sorry I took so long. Get some of you work pals to chip in and get you a green xpin display.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#1353 7 years ago

Ive been looking around for a Blue display, but everyone seems to be sold out of them. any tips on someone who has them in stock?

#1354 7 years ago

pinled.de might be worth an email

1 week later
#1355 7 years ago

I'm swapping out all the flashers to led's and curious if anyone knows which are the 1251 bulbs in the game and I assume all the rest are 89/906?

#1356 7 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

which are the 1251 bulbs

Behind the Space Station on the back panel. They are the 3 amber lights. The 2 red ones are flashers and yes, all flashers are 906 or 89.

I just got done shopping mine out, so it's pretty fresh in the memory yet. Still have yet to join this club, as I just picked up a Space Station. Awesome game!

#1357 7 years ago

Thank you dozer1!!! Just so i understand the 3 1251, you mean the ones in the 3 amber in the picture and the 2 reds ones are 89/906? Also i assume everything in the backbox behind the translite is 89/906, correct?

20161129_133712 (resized).jpg20161129_133712 (resized).jpg

#1358 7 years ago

so, strange issue with my Space Station, not sure if anyone has ever experienced this or how to fix it.

When a player gets a 'bonus ball', theawesome bonus music starts up. that music plays right up until the ball hits one of the "1-2-3" rollover switches. at that point the music 'pauses' playing whatever tone was currently playing. so a constant "dooooooooooooooooo......" and that tone will continue, even after GAME OVER, and until someone starts a new game.

shall I sacrafice a chicken to the pinball gods at midnight for appeasement? or is there something technical I can try?

#1359 7 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Thank you dozer1!!! Just so i understand the 3 1251, you mean the ones in the 3 amber in the picture

yes

and the 2 reds ones are 89/906?

Don't know for sure, didn't change those as they were working. My guess is 99.9% sure 89/906 because they are indeed flashers.
Same story with the backbox flashers, never changed them out, but 99.9% sure they are 89/906

#1360 7 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

shall I sacrafice a chicken to the pinball gods at midnight for appeasement?

Well you could start with that. I'm really at a loss with that one, maybe it's a bad audio rom.

#1361 7 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

shall I sacrafice a chicken to the pinball gods at midnight for appeasement? or is there something technical I can try?

Yeah, that's pretty weird. I had a somewhat similar issue with my Earthshaker where the attract music would not shut off once it started. Replacing the sound roms fixed that issue. So MustangPaul may be on to something. That's really pretty much a wild guess though.

#1362 7 years ago

Sign me up. Picked this up a couple of weeks ago and shopped it out since. My understanding is that it was in the same home from 1989 until present. I believe it to be true, as it is possibly the nicest system 11 I have owned. I do still have 1 issue to overcome though. The space station stops in the wrong spot often. So far I have cleaned the optos and that didn't do the trick. I think it is the motor, so I got one of those coming and also going to replace the 2 optos on the board.

Question - How should the space station react in test mode? Mine sometimes moves in one direction in nice little increments, then once in awhile it will skip one. Should it always be in those nice even little increments?

DSCF5704 (resized).JPGDSCF5704 (resized).JPG

DSCF5706 (resized).JPGDSCF5706 (resized).JPG

DSCF5708 (resized).JPGDSCF5708 (resized).JPG

#1363 7 years ago
Quoted from dozer1:

The space station stops in the wrong spot often

I had this exact thing, the motor was fine but the optos only sometimes registered in switch test, put new optos on, same fault. It actually turned out to be a fault on the power board and as it had been quite badly hacked I got a new X-pin one, instantly sorted it out. If you have another power board try swapping it out. Good luck.

#1364 7 years ago

Oh WOW that's nice. I'd say the gears in the gear box are bad. I've never had one apart though so that's just a guess.

#1365 7 years ago

Also, I decided to put a green LED display in this game. Anyone interested in the original display (after I receive and install the new one) The bottom left numeric display on this one is not quite as bright as the other 3. All digits are there and everything, but it is slightly, and noticeably a little less bright. I can get a picture of that upon request. It doesn't show in the pics I posted of the game, that was not by design.

#1366 7 years ago
Quoted from matt_adams:

turned out to be a fault on the power board and as it had been quite badly hacked

I will give this a shot if my new motor and optos don't cure what ails it. This game had no hacks that I could see, but I will try this if needed Thanks!

#1367 7 years ago
Quoted from dozer1:

I will give this a shot if my new motor and optos don't cure what ails it.

I'm betting the new motor will cure it

#1368 7 years ago

Dozer 1 beautiful game! wish mine has been in that good of condition. I have the exact same problem with my space station lane rotator. I Have cleaned the optos, the motor is fairly new. the gears are in good shape. the thing keeps not lining up right though. If you take Matt_Adams advice let me know if it works. I'm at a loss right now with mine. I currently have the rotator unplugged and locked it in one position so that I can play it reliably. just need to go up the ramp and the left orbit to lock both balls.

#1369 7 years ago

i have had the same issue with the station on mine (occasional spinning for too long and/or stopping at the wrong location.) i ended up replacing just about everything in the control circuit including all connectors, optos, and even the motor relay PCB and the intermittent problem persists. the gears and motor test fine, so maybe i should start looking into the power supply board. i suppose i can swap the board from my Police Force in for a bit for testing.

mine has the first translucent blue ramp Mark Davis did as the previous owner let him use the original as the template for the replacements.

#1370 7 years ago

what is the correct single drop in front of the right ramp?

skinny topped or flat topped?

I think my game came with the wrong one/ skinny installed, but wanted to confirm before swapping.
I looked on the web and see both installed in various pictures.

PC040699 (resized).JPGPC040699 (resized).JPG

PC040700 (resized).JPGPC040700 (resized).JPG

#1371 7 years ago

i am pretty sure mine is flat topped. skinny is just going to promote wear on the backside of the hole.

#1372 7 years ago

It is a flat top for sure. You gonna put the light up one in?

#1373 7 years ago

Thx guys. That is what i figured, but nice to confirm.

Just installing black one for now.

#1374 7 years ago

Anybody need any used plastics that came from my Space station as seen on post # 1362? None of them were cracked and they were a lot less yellowed then old plastics usually are. There was some warpage on a few. Would straighten easily. See my slow to get off the ground holiday pay it forward thread if interested. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2016-holiday-season-pay-it-forward-thread

#1375 7 years ago

The issue of my space station stopping in the wrong spot and sometimes spinning to long has been solved. Today my Marco order came and I proceeded to install the new motor. I had optos too, to install on the opto board, but elected not to do that at first. I wanted to see if it was the motor or not. Fired it up-----no change in issue.
I remembered the matt adams post about the power board. I proceeded to just reset the connectors and thought I would give that a try at first. Fired it up-----worked great for a minute or two. Fiddled with the power supply connectors with the game on. (Probably a no-no, but I am funny that way) The big 15 pin one on the top of the power supply would do freaky things to the game when the wires were pushed and wiggled. GREAT! Re-pinned the 15 pin connector and the space station works great now.
SOOOOOOOO if anybody needs a good used motor, I have one for 40 shipping included lower 48.

#1376 7 years ago
Quoted from dozer1:

The issue of my space station stopping in the wrong spot and sometimes spinning to long has been solved. Today my Marco order came and I proceeded to install the new motor. I had optos too, to install on the opto board, but elected not to do that at first. I wanted to see if it was the motor or not. Fired it up-----no change in issue.
I remembered the matt adams post about the power board. I proceeded to just reset the connectors and thought I would give that a try at first. Fired it up-----worked great for a minute or two. Fiddled with the power supply connectors with the game on. (Probably a no-no, but I am funny that way) The big 15 pin one on the top of the power supply would do freaky things to the game when the wires were pushed and wiggled. GREAT! Re-pinned the 15 pin connector and the space station works great now.
SOOOOOOOO if anybody needs a good used motor, I have one for 40 shipping included lower 48.

Glad to hear ya got it fixed. Those pins and sockets will get ya every time.

#1377 7 years ago
Quoted from dozer1:

Amazing how many seemingly unrelated things that sucker affects! Good to see its fixed

#1378 7 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

How did I read this whole thread (I thought?) and miss the Chosen ones? I like that info card!
Here you go Paul, let me know if these are better for you. I was trying to use green for "Condition Green" but even though I see it fine, you're right, it might be a little tough.

Would look even better with the "SPACE STATION RENDEZVOUS GUIDE" in red instead of the purple! I will use those card on my game that I just bought and are working on. It has a lot of elevated inserts under the mylar....

1 week later
#1379 7 years ago
#1380 7 years ago

Looking for parts to spruce up my complete but shabby looking Space Station. Looking for a nice apron, mini playfield, translite, lower right shooter lane playfield plastic and space station toy. Pretty much all of the non obtainable parts I guess...

#1381 7 years ago
Quoted from sagejr:

space station toy

Contact Pinsider Bpull. He was making some improved replacements since they are otherwise unavailable.

#1382 7 years ago
Quoted from sagejr:

Looking for parts to spruce up my complete but shabby looking Space Station. Looking for a nice apron, mini playfield, translite, lower right shooter lane playfield plastic and space station toy. Pretty much all of the non obtainable parts I guess...

On the mini pf, all you can do as of now is hope for one to come up for sale somewhere, otherwise fix yours, and scuff up yours on the bottom and clear coat it with something stout

#1383 7 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

On the mini pf, all you can do as of now is hope for one to come up for sale somewhere, otherwise fix yours, and scuff up yours on the bottom and clear coat it with something stout

Yep, figured this out pretty quick.
Still need an Apron and ball shooter lane cover.

1 week later
#1384 7 years ago

Working on a 3d printed replacement for my warped lexan space station toy. Need to order some white plastic and add more details but its coming along nicely.

Seth

IMG_20161228_100432 (resized).jpgIMG_20161228_100432 (resized).jpg

#1385 7 years ago
Quoted from BlitzM4:

Working on a 3d printed replacement for my warped lexan space station toy. Need to order some white plastic and add more details but its coming along nicely.
Seth

Looking good

There's a fellow that's already made a slew of these 3D printed, they're very nice in case you wanted to try and hunt him down

#1386 7 years ago

Is it a member on here? If so do you know their screenname?

I made some more progress today.

space station 1 (resized).jpgspace station 1 (resized).jpg

Space Station 2 (resized).jpgSpace Station 2 (resized).jpg

#1387 7 years ago
Quoted from BlitzM4:

Pinsider Bpull. He did a vacuum form for the space station and recently was working on a 3D print for the space station diverter...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vacuum-formed-my-own-space-station/page/3#post-3439578

#1388 7 years ago

Need assistance:
My right side flashers (right slingshot and by the ramp) as well as nr 3 & 4 in the top left side of backbox will not flash! I believe it is Sol 3, i have followed cables and changed transistors in that line CPU: Q28, Q32, Q49 AUX board: all the transistors and some diodes also made the rebuild for converting to led. Out of ideas now.

#1389 7 years ago
Quoted from BlitzM4:

Scott Danesi a true Genius & he is Awsome! "TheNoTrashCougar"

#1390 7 years ago
Quoted from BlitzM4:

I made some more progress today.

That's really lookin good.

#1391 7 years ago

Anyone:
Need assistance:
My right side flashers (right outlane and by the ramp) as well as nr 3 & 4 in the top left side of backbox will not flash! I believe it is Sol 3, i have followed cables and changed transistors in that line CPU: Q28, Q32, Q49 AUX board: all the transistors and some diodes also made the rebuild for converting to led. Out of ideas now.

Since that I did the removal of the diodes on the aux board and added to the coils now the left slingshot triggers the flashers in the left lock!

Any ideas where i should look?

#1392 7 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Pinsider Bpull. He did a vacuum form for the space station and recently was working on a 3D print for the space station diverter...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vacuum-formed-my-own-space-station/page/3#post-3439578

Thanks!

#1393 7 years ago

Forming batches of new ships today, diverter is in the machine testing and also working on a fun 3D printed ship as well. Love having the holidays off, gives me some time to "work" LOL.
Brian

20161125_190146 (resized).jpg20161125_190146 (resized).jpg

20161107_190654 (resized).jpg20161107_190654 (resized).jpg

20161229_153434 (resized).jpg20161229_153434 (resized).jpg

#1394 7 years ago
Quoted from TecumsehPlissken:

Scott Danesi a true Genius & he is Awsome! "TheNoTrashCougar"

Lionman.....

#1395 7 years ago
Quoted from Bifrost:

Anyone:
Need assistance:
My right side flashers (right outlane and by the ramp) as well as nr 3 & 4 in the top left side of backbox will not flash! I believe it is Sol 3, i have followed cables and changed transistors in that line CPU: Q28, Q32, Q49 AUX board: all the transistors and some diodes also made the rebuild for converting to led. Out of ideas now.
Since that I did the removal of the diodes on the aux board and added to the coils now the left slingshot triggers the flashers in the left lock!
Any ideas where i should look?

Wish I could help but I know nothing about electronics.

#1396 7 years ago

I might have found one problem 1 ceramic resistor on the flashboard is wasted New one ordered and fingers crossed that will solve my issue....

#1397 7 years ago

just a follow-up, after replacing the 15-pin connector and replacing the header on the power supply PCB, the station is consistently stopping in the correct location. glad to finally have this thing playing 100%!

#1398 7 years ago

Posted this in my other thread but I thought I'd share it here too.
BP

20161230_143211 (resized).jpg20161230_143211 (resized).jpg

#1399 7 years ago

Could someone please post an under playfield pic of the top right saucer switch and top right roll over switch. I'm having some issues and wanted to make sure the wiring is correct.

These ones in the top and right...
Screenshot_20170102-101854 (resized).pngScreenshot_20170102-101854 (resized).png

#1400 7 years ago

Just pm'd you a few pictures. Let me know if you need more...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 150.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop
Displays
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Duluth, GA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
London, ON
There are 4,171 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 84.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/space-station-club-members-only/page/28 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.