20240226_191625 (resized).jpg
20240226_191654 (resized).jpg
20240226_191755 (resized).jpg
20240226_192004 (resized).jpg
20240226_191843 (resized).jpg
20240219_220145 (resized).jpg
20240219_220140 (resized).jpg
20240219_220127 (resized).jpg

There are 4,171 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 84.
#1101 7 years ago

Update on mine. I fixed the missing segment "g". It was a bad 4.7k resistor pack.

#1102 7 years ago

I also got my display fixed. Ribbon cable at cpu was flipped. Duh!!!!!

#1103 7 years ago

Oh and green xpin looks sweeeeeet!

#1104 7 years ago

Have mine at Yegpin and have broken leaf switch for #64 right kicker scoring under Pf. Does anyone know part # on this? It's mounted so when kicker link drops it scores.

1 week later
#1105 7 years ago

I got this idea from someone's post in a Firepower thread: I added some Comet LED strips under the cabinet tied to the condition green GI. The effect is MUCH better in person than these crappy potatocam pics imply!

Green1_(resized).jpgGreen1_(resized).jpg

Green2_(resized).jpgGreen2_(resized).jpg

I showed my Station some LED love throughout, actually (Comet 1smd all around, except for 2smd on Conidition Green GI). It might be a tad *too* bright, but the colors are phenomenal. I accidentally ordered the wrong sockets for the bonus ball inserts though, I really did like the "ice" blue better.

#1106 7 years ago

Lookin good. Did you use the 20 inch ones? How many?

#1107 7 years ago

Believe it or not, those are just the 3-inchers! I got the frosted versions. The light they throw is almost overpowering, but of course being in a corner like it is helps somewhat given the wall reflection.

I installed one each side, a little forward of center (toward the player). I clipped them to individual GI sockets near the back of the pf; you'll want a wire extension of about 4 to 5 feet or so (I made my own eyeballed to fit with slack but did not measure the exact length).

#1109 7 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

I got this idea from someone's post in a Firepower thread: I added some Comet LED strips under the cabinet tied to the condition green GI. The effect is MUCH better in person than these crappy potatocam pics imply!

I showed my Station some LED love throughout, actually (Comet 1smd all around, except for 2smd on Conidition Green GI). It might be a tad *too* bright, but the colors are phenomenal. I accidentally ordered the wrong sockets for the bonus ball inserts though, I really did like the "ice" blue better.

I've done the same thing on mine but with 2 strips running the length of the cabinet. I've done 1 blue for normal GI and then 1 green for green mode. I've also used some LED's strips throughout using the same principle to really enhance the GI. I've just finishing the shop out of the machine and will post some pics.

#1110 7 years ago
Quoted from Gerrard17:

I've done the same thing on mine but with 2 strips running the length of the cabinet. I've done 1 blue for normal GI and then 1 green for green mode. I've also used some LED's strips throughout using the same principle to really enhance the GI. I've just finishing the shop out of the machine and will post some pics.

Sounds great. Have you put a lit start button on it yet?

#1111 7 years ago

Space Station up to 102 getting closer to being in the top 100, Woot,Woot! If you guys have not voted on it, get in there. This pin should be in the top 100!!!!!!

#1112 7 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

Space Station up to 102 getting closer to being in the top 100, Woot,Woot! If you guys have not voted on it, get in there. This pin should be in the top 100!!!!!!

It is 94th at ipdb.org!

#1113 7 years ago

Happy to report that at our expo, YEGPIN, the group bestowed on my Station....best solid state category... Also picked up a best of show for Cirqus Voltaire. Many had never played Space Station before and were blown away by the sound, and fast play. Also "condition green" was quite popular. Already a couple offers to sell too, yeah, only if I'm legally insane. Loving the Station!

#1114 7 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

Happy to report that at our expo, YEGPIN, the group bestowed on my Station....best solid state category... Also picked up a best of show for Cirqus Voltaire. Many had never played Space Station before and were blown away by the sound, and fast play. Also "condition green" was quite popular. Already a couple offers to sell too, yeah, only if I'm legally insane. Loving the Station!

#1115 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Sounds great. Have you put a lit start button on it yet?

good call! I'll add it to the list

#1116 7 years ago
Quoted from Gerrard17:

good call! I'll add it to the list

The 22mm Angle Eye momentary push buttons on Ebay work and look great, but you will have to modify the cab hole.

1 week later
#1117 7 years ago

Need a little help please...

At least 8 out of 10 times I shoot the left orbit to the rear VUK the ball stalls out so it can't fall into the VUK hole.

I have the correct rubber ring and posts in the correct places.

Anyone have a fix? Or is this typical behavior?

1 week later
#1118 7 years ago

Can someone take some pictures of their pop bumpers switch wiring and pop bumper light wiring? I did a rebuild and foolishly never took pictures. Problem is which i never noticed, stupid space station uses jumpers to get power all over the place instead of having dedicated lines. 2 of my switch wires broke off, thing is, I don't know where from.

I can get 1/3 pops working, but no bumper GI at all. Any help would be appreciated i don't want to screw things up here.

#1119 7 years ago

Looking to purchase a real nice Space Station and join your club.... Anyone have a couple extras hanging around!?
Keep me in mind!

#1120 7 years ago

Just got in the club today! One question, how do you relight multiball once you have done one. The only way I have found is to start a new ball and the locks will be lit again. Thanks!

0609161502_(resized).jpg0609161502_(resized).jpg

0609161502a_(resized).jpg0609161502a_(resized).jpg

#1121 7 years ago

Locks are relit after completing the upper pf rollovers.

#1122 7 years ago

joined the club last saturday!
ordered and installed new translite. new plastics. installed the astronaut plastic toy on a hexpost by the ls ramps. such a great pin!

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#1123 7 years ago

Guys posting pictures... Can you take some pictures of your pop bumper wiring for me?

My switches broke some wires, not sure what goes where.

#1124 7 years ago
Quoted from boris_37:

Guys posting pictures... Can you take some pictures of your pop bumper wiring for me?
My switches broke some wires, not sure what goes where.

ls rs and middle

#1125 7 years ago

tried taking better
ls

#1126 7 years ago

rs

#1127 7 years ago

middle

#1128 7 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

ordered and installed

Did the same with mine when I got it. Looks like a brand new machine, super bright!

#1129 7 years ago

Another quick question, is the right hand lock supposed to have a one way gate to prevent balls from going into it without going through the space station?

#1130 7 years ago

No.

#1131 7 years ago

Actually the right lock DOES have a one-way gate and there should only ever just be one ball allowed to enter. Without the gate, a second ball could get stuck (by entering below the station) and cause a ball search.

Sometimes there's confusion as to what folks mean by "lock" and "dock" owing to all the stuff in that area, like the "locks" (VUKs) that divert to either side via the station...

Read this thread, it should help clarify things.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/space-station-multiple-balls-in-right-dock-area

#1132 7 years ago

Interesting. Had 2 Space Stations here over the last month and neither had a gate there. There is a bracket for one but no gate.

#1133 7 years ago

Found the part though not available seemingly anywhere.

Wire alone:
12-6752
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/12-6752

Assembly:
B-11788 Ball Gate Assembly

#1134 7 years ago
Quoted from scottmaggie:

Found the part though not available seemingly anywhere.
Wire alone:
12-6752
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/12-6752
Assembly:
B-11788 Ball Gate Assembly

Scottmaggie, I had to make my own using this.
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/77-8593

Brian

#1135 7 years ago
Quoted from bpull:

Scottmaggie, I had to make my own using this.
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/77-8593
Brian

Didn't know about that tool. Looks awesome-thanks!

#1136 7 years ago

Space Station is now 94 in the top 100! WOO HOO!!!!

#1137 7 years ago

Just got a finely restored Space Station...all new playfield, clear coated, new boards, etc. It is super great and I am loving it.

One question is about the flippers. They are all new parts with new coils (and proper ones). They still do not feel right to me compared to my other System 11 games.

They feel weak and noodley. It seems somewhat dependent on how I strike the ball and the angle. But they feel weak way more often than any other game I have ever owned (with new parts that is).

Sometimes I can get good feeling shots...but it just seems like there should be more snap to them.

Especially on the left flipper...I have a ton of shots up the ramp that fail to make it all the way up there. This happens more often than not.

I probably have the pitch slightly high...but still think there is something else going on here.

Does this sound normal to anyone here?

Has anyone bumped up the coils on their flippers to something more powerful? I am really leaning toward this...as the game feels limp and underpowered to me.

#1138 7 years ago

New bats too? If they are the old ones and cracked they will feel mushy

#1139 7 years ago
Quoted from freakandgeek:

Especially on the left flipper...I have a ton of shots up the ramp that fail to make it all the way up there. This happens more often than not.

Quoted from freakandgeek:

Has anyone bumped up the coils on their flippers to something more powerful?

I put an orange banded FL-15411 on my left flipper because I was having that same issue ....... now a well placed shot goes all the way up & around the ramp every time

#1140 7 years ago

What does a nice SS go for these days?

#1141 7 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Imo....1600+

#1142 7 years ago

Hi all, I am trying to set my SS up for a competition for which the machine should be set to 4 ball (as far as I can see I can only do 3 or 5 but I can live with that) and no extra balls. In the manual I should be able to turn these off with adjustment 48 but on my machine it says this adjustment is not used! 47 and 49 are as the manual, am I being thick?

I really want to include Space Station, not just because it is awesome but because most players won't have come across a game where there are no return lanes so they will have to control it a lot better!

#1143 7 years ago

I don't remember the exact number, but it will say extra ball on the adjustment, just set it to zero.

#1144 7 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

I hunted for over a year and then pulled the trigger on a nicer one for 2100

I missed out on a few in the 16-1900 range and got sick of waiting. Those also had insert issues. Mine came with the new ramp also and a nice original ramp.

#1145 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I hunted for over a year and then pulled the trigger on a nicer one for 2100
I missed out on a few in the 16-1900 range and got sick of waiting. Those also had insert issues. Mine came with the new ramp also and a nice original ramp.

Thanks. Mine also has a new ramp that will come with it.

#1146 7 years ago

Update on the typically missing/broken top right one-way wire gate. I just installed part 12-6565. It fit easily and so far works great. May need some tweaking but so far so good.

#1147 7 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Thanks. Mine also has a new ramp that will come with it.

congrats Mark!

Our collections are looking scarily similar.

#1148 7 years ago

How does one adjust the space station. It does not always pick the right path for the ba to go down. Often it picks one where there is already a ball locked.

#1149 7 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

How does one adjust the space station. It does not always pick the right path for the ba to go down. Often it picks one where there is already a ball locked.

Check the lock switches and clean and check the opto board under the station

#1150 7 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

How does one adjust the space station

Clean optos, Also if it is acting twitchy or stopping when it should turn. You might have a bad gear in the motor. They are plastic gears and tend to break a couple teeth. I had same problem with mine.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Duluth, GA
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Strongsville, OH
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 150.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop
Displays
$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom
Led
There are 4,171 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 84.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/space-station-club-members-only/page/23?hl=pingball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.