Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by dearliza98
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_5687 (resized).JPG

#1 3 years ago

Hey everybody. I have this space station that I picked up this weekend and it's a lot of fun! However, it has the Adjust Failure when it's turned on and I'm already tired of cycling through the settings to reset it.

I've done some homework and first step most likely a battery problem. Well... the battery holder is removed and the bottom right (see pic) looks like it's going to be a problem soldering a remote battery holder on there.

Now I've done a couple remote battery upgrades but never will this issue where I can see straight through the hole.

Does anyone have any tips on fixing this and furthermore is that even the correct positive to solder the red wire?

Thanks for the help, as always!

IMG_5687 (resized).JPG

#2 3 years ago

I would put an Nvram in and be done with it.

#3 3 years ago

Greetings!
Hopefully this web page will help you a bit.
http://www.edcheung.com/album/album05/pinball/shuttlepin2.htm

and here is a photo of a board like yours with the + at the bottom:
http://www.jeff-z.com/pinball/badcats/repair/batterypack-02.jpg

#4 3 years ago

elevatorman thanks for the info. I'm going to try the easiest route first as I have never replaced sockets on boards at this point in my short experience with this hobby. I fully understand that the nvram is the best option.

catalyze thanks for the pics. I'm going to try this. Looks like the solder points are top right and bottom left.

#5 3 years ago

catalyze unfortunately, I used those two test points from your photo and I'm still getting the Adjust Failure problem. Do you have any other suggestions of where to go next? Thank you

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from dearliza98:

I'm still getting the Adjust Failure problem. Do you have any other suggestions of where to go next?

Quoted from Elevatorman:

I would put an Nvram in and be done with it.

Time to install NVRAM.

http://www.pinitech.com/products/6116_nvram.php

#7 3 years ago

You might remove the board and really check the backside to make sure that the battery holder traces are good with no breaks or corrosion. Check your remote battery box with a dmm for continuity all the way to the back of the board. Keep at it and let us know.

#8 3 years ago

If the battery holder is properly wired; top right=black, bottom left= red, then you could have bad RAM at U25.

I'll definitely echo what others have said; NVRAM is the way to go.

www.LockWhenLit.com/anyPin.htm

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
borygard at gmail dot com

#9 3 years ago

Thanks everyone. I took the easy way out for now and just added a remote holder and soldered in top right and bottom left. Works fine and now it remembers it's on Free Play!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 99.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 74.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside