Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by KenH
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

The two locks are not kicking the balls back out for multiball.

If you could explain how I could look into this in terms that the world's dumbest 5 year old could understand, that would really help.

2 weeks later
#2 9 years ago

bump...

#3 9 years ago

Not that I know the solution, but more info might help.
Does the third ball stay in play?
Does the green GI activate, does it end?
Intermittent or always the same behavior?

Someone should have some ideas.

#4 9 years ago

Yes, the third ball stays in play and the green GI remains on. It's always the same thing with the other two balls not releasing.

#5 9 years ago

Huh.

Bump for someone with more of a clue than me to take a look.

#6 9 years ago

Are the coils under the lock kickers both soldered? (no loose wires?)

I recall on the Williams Collection that you have to shoot the middle ramp to release multiball, are all you switches working correctly on the ramp and in the locks?

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from RawleyD:

I recall on the Williams Collection that you have to shoot the middle ramp to release multiball, are all you switches working correctly on the ramp and in the locks?

Hmmm, its a good thought, but since green GI is coming on, I'm thinking MB is getting triggered.

I'd first go into diagnostic mode and make sure that both the release coils for the left and right sides are firing. You may want to manually put balls in both places so you can see them pop out. If there's a fail on either, then there's where you start. No fail...

...then run a switch test to make sure there are no stuck switches, then make sure ALL switches are working.

If diag mode passes all those tests, then I'd pull the glass, start a game, get balls locked in both places, then trigger MB and watch what happens for further analysis...

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside