You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

#1 10 years ago

My latest Amazon order arrived today and my new Space Shuttle topper is now installed as well as two spotlights to complete the makeshift launch complex. The toy set is the Legends of Space complex 39 launch site from Echo toys and was under $30 shipped from Amazon.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#2 10 years ago

A closer view.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#3 10 years ago

I'm not a topper fan, but I really like the way you have it lit. Very nice job.

#4 10 years ago

Side detail.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#5 10 years ago

Now you need to mod the topper. Add strobing white LED inside some cotton to simulate the steam, tie it into the flashers on the backbox.. Seriously contemplating buying this before it goes away

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Now you need to mod the topper. Add strobing white LED inside some cotton to simulate the steam, tie it into the flashers on the backbox.. Seriously contemplating buying this before it goes away

Ahhhh, that is a freakin brilliant idea!

#7 10 years ago

I like it! Adding led would make it tits

#8 10 years ago

Do some Dry Ice and have the steam roll down the backbox = talkin'.

#9 10 years ago

I am actually thinking of stringing some fiber under the orbiter engines and tie them to a flasher to simulate the main orbiter ignititor system, the fiber should simulate the sparks well. With the addition of some LEDs in the engine bells it should tie together nicely!

#11 10 years ago

Well I "wanted" so much I went and bought it. So now I have the original topper and this one. I take it you mounted everything on a board and screwed the board down. Thanks for the tip.

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Well I "wanted" so much I went and bought it. So now I have the original topper and this one. I take it you mounted everything on a board and screwed the board down. Thanks for the tip.

I actually used small dabs of hot glue to hold it all down. I really didn't want to screw anything into the head and figured hot glue was the least evasive of my options.

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from 72Devilz:

I actually used small dabs of hot glue to hold it all down. I really didn't want to screw anything into the head and figured hot glue was the least evasive of my options.

Ok thanks, hope it holds for ya.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball
Led
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 129.00
Cabinet Parts
Bob's Pinball Stuff
Cabinet parts
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St Charles, IL
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toppers
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/space-shuttle-topper-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.