Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CIMG6723 (resized).JPG
CIMG6722 (resized).JPG
CIMG6721 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
#1 11 months ago

This is unbelievable . I posted a question about my jungle lord earlier today , now I go to play space shuttle and none of the solenoids work.
The machine turns on and even starts a game but the ball never shoots out and no other solenoids work
In diagnostic mode none of the solenoids fire.
Checked fuses and they were good I even replaced them for the heck of it.
Swapped out the power supply , same result.
One other thing , when I start a game the score jumps to 51500. weird.
What can I check next ? I have a dvm just not sure what to check.
Thanks for any help. Rich
********FIXED SCROLL TO THE END ***********

#2 11 months ago

I tested the bridge rectifiers . they were both .485
I also used a jumper wire to go from ground to the transistors that control the different solenoids. None fired

#3 11 months ago

Check your solenoid voltage on the power supply.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#4 11 months ago

Have any of the wires come loose off the solenoid bridge rectifier?

#5 11 months ago
Quoted from Knxwledge:

Check your solenoid voltage on the power supply.
[quoted image]

Thanks. Sorry to sound like an idiot but what is that part you have highlighted ?
I checked the voltage at that fuse and I had 30 volts

#6 11 months ago

All the wires are secure on the rectifiers

#7 11 months ago

I found a bad diode on the power supply . D2 its a IN4001 diode. Could that be the problem? I dont have any . I have to get some.

#8 11 months ago
Quoted from richN:

I found a bad diode on the power supply . D2 its a IN4001 diode. Could that be the problem? I dont have any . I have to get some.

Buy 1n4007s

#9 11 months ago

Hook your meter up ground to cabinet braid and start checking the red wire ck power supply j3 6-7-8 red wire than follow it at each connector both sides make sure it has voltage on both sides to playfield. And ck it at each coil as it goes from one coil to another. I had this happen yesterday in jungle lord and found a wire had came unsolder at the first coil on playfield and had no power to the coils

#10 11 months ago

OK I have the 4007 diodes. and I will check all the power under the playfield That will keep me busy . Ill report back

#11 11 months ago
Quoted from richN:

OK I have the 4007 diodes. and I will check all the power under the playfield That will keep me busy . Ill report back

Just check for voltage @ a few that don’t fire.

If it’s missing, you can then figure out where it’s failing.

Also, familiarize yourself with the game’s self test functions and see if any coils fire in the solenoid tests.

Does the game score points when it’s in game play?

#12 11 months ago

I tested The coils with the game started there was no voltage at any coil. all the coils tested good continuity. None of the coils fire during the self test functions. I have voltage at the fuse and at the rectifier. I traced the wires on the bottom of the playfield briefly . All the connections are intact at the coils. I still need to check voltage at j3 6-7-8

#13 11 months ago
Quoted from richN:

I tested The coils with the game started there was no voltage at any coil. all the coils tested good continuity. None of the coils fire during the self test functions. I have voltage at the fuse and at the rectifier. I traced the wires on the bottom of the playfield briefly . All the connections are intact at the coils. I still need to check voltage at j3 6-7-8

So, you have a break from the power board solenoid wire down to the first hop on the playfield.

You can run a jumper wire from the power connector to the first coil on the playfield to confirm you get coils again.

If you run a jumper, Make SURE it’s the power side and NOT the ground side. Power side is always the white banded diode side.

#14 11 months ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

So, you have a break from the power board solenoid wire down to the first hop on the playfield.
You can run a jumper wire from the power connector to the first coil on the playfield to confirm you get coils again.
If you run a jumper, Make SURE it’s the power side and NOT the ground side. Power side is always the white banded diode side.

This was RIGHT ON!! It is fixed. I separated the playfield from the rest of the machine I checked for continuity from the black connector red wire onto the solenoids on the playfield. They all had continuity . OK set the play field aside and concentrate on the machine. Checked continuity on machine from black connector red wire to solenoid connector on power supply . It was good. Powered up the machine and started a game I had power to the black connector red wire. So I connected the two halves and now it works. Unreal. A bad connector joint that has been connected for 2 years. SEE PICS
Thanks everyone for your help. Rich

CIMG6721 (resized).JPGCIMG6721 (resized).JPGCIMG6722 (resized).JPGCIMG6722 (resized).JPGCIMG6723 (resized).JPGCIMG6723 (resized).JPG
#15 11 months ago

Glad you found it and it was an easy fix .

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/space-shuttle-system-9-no-solenoids-work and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.