Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

4.JPG
3.JPG
2.JPG
1.JPG

#1 9 years ago

I got a Space Shuttle this week, but the shuttle toy is missing the switch inside. The bracket and the wire gate is in place.

Is it normally open or closed?

Can I get a picture from someone?

The manual I have does not have any info on it at all. A switch part # would be great.

TIA

#2 9 years ago

Gonna bump you bud. Seems like an easy thing for a pinsider to do. Someone gotta have this machine too!

#3 9 years ago

There's no part number on mine, it's just a common cherry switch. My guess is normally open, the closing of the switch activates that you've launched a ball up the ramp

1.JPG 2.JPG

#4 9 years ago

Thank you much!!!!

I assume there is a Diode in there? Band is facing what color wire?

#5 9 years ago

No diode.. good thing I screwed my switch down instead of riveting when I got my new shuttle toy, I just took it apart. This should help you a bit more:

3.JPG 4.JPG

#6 9 years ago

You rock, my friend! I see normally open, too.

Thank you again!

#7 9 years ago

No problem Vid.. you are one of the most helpful guys on here. I've got your two guides bookmarked (flipper rebuild and rotisserie). Let me know of your progress.. Here's my shuttle, all GI fixed:

#8 9 years ago

Love the red/white/blue on the inserts.

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from mystic:

Love the red/white/blue on the inserts

Not my original idea. Some other pinsider on here came up with that, I just copied it. I do like it though.

#10 9 years ago

I think it was me.

I actually stole it from a pic someone sent to Ed Cheung after installing his translite. It's posted on his website.

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

No problem Vid.. you are one of the most helpful guys on here. I've got your two guides bookmarked (flipper rebuild and rotisserie). Let me know of your progress.. Here's my shuttle, all GI fixed:
» YouTube video

Looks excellent. The blue LEDs set it off.

Next guide will be either F-14 wiring back the original flashers or two part isocyanate playfield clear coating.

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from mystic:

I think it was me.
I actually stole it from a pic someone sent to Ed Cheung after installing his translite. It's posted on his website.

I think we've all done it. I had that on mine out at TPF this year, as well as Red/white/blue pop bumper caps with matching LEDS, R/W/B pop bumper bodies that I dyed, orange flippers with orange rubbers.... R/W/B spinner value lights... R/W/B lane guides...lol..

Lemme see if I can find a pic...

2 weeks later
#13 9 years ago

Hey guys, I'm a bit of a noob to Pinball machines, but need to get the switch and gate assembly. I have no idea where to find these items, and what the model # on them are. Could someone direct me to the exact switch and gate online? Thanks!!

Steven

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from seshpilot:

Hey guys, I'm a bit of a noob to Pinball machines, but need to get the switch and gate assembly.

I used this switch:

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=379

Worked perfectly.

As far as the gate, you are probably going to have to bend your own.

5 years later
#16 3 years ago

Anyone have dimensions for the switch arm (and bends?) for the lower ramp switch?
My current switch looks like a metal twist tie.
Or does this switch, as is, work: http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=379

I'm also not sure what the actual switch number is: Blue Catalogue seems reluctant to let me search for this.
Is is the correct part #:
5647-12073-08 (Blue Catalogue)
Long Ramp Lower Switch A-10594

2 years later
#17 1 year ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

There's no part number on mine, it's just a common cherry switch. My guess is normally open, the closing of the switch activates that you've launched a ball up the ramp
[quoted image] [quoted image]

Hi from 7 years later! Thanks for posting this picture. I'm putting together a replacement Shuttle and I wasn't sure how to attach the gate/switch assembly, as there is no hole for what was a rivet on the original shuttle. I see you just drilled a hole and used a screw & nut. I'll do the same!

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside