(Topic ID: 223180)

Space Shuttle Sound Issue

By msbenzik

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

Hey guys I'm running into a bit of a problem with my space shuttle and I can't seem to figure it out.

What is happening:
When playing and a ball is locked into one of the ejects, it gives me the next ball in the shooter lane and then proceeds to say "ready pilot one two
ahhhhhhh...." and onto some electronic garbage and bitmashing. Once the ball hits one of the top lanes the sounds return to normal with no isssue.

When the second ball is locked it gives the me the next ball in the shooter lane and then proceeds to say "ready pilot one" and then waits for the ball to be
plunged where it resumes normal sound operation.

When extra ball is lit and the "change shuttle value" or either outlane is hit the scream does not play.

What works:
All machine functions seem to be normal, the light shows are fine, scoring and game play I don't notice any hitches/lockups/glitches.
Switch tests pass
Sound tests cycle through all sounds as they should

What I have checked and done so far:
Disconnected and reconnected all boards and chips
Installed new sound roms with no difference

I'm stumped that the tests can access all sounds properly and all game play is normal other than those two sound cues. Could my game roms be corrupted to only affect those two things? I figured if those roms were to fail it would be manifested in a much greater way.

Thanks guys!

#2 5 years ago
Quoted from msbenzik:

When playing and a ball is locked into one of the ejects, it gives me the next ball in the shooter lane and then proceeds to say "ready pilot one two
ahhhhhhh...." and onto some electronic garbage and bitmashing.

When this happens your logic probe might provide a clue. Pinwiki has some suggestions: http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Williams_System_9_-_11#System_9_Sound_Problems
The section on Isolating the CPU Sound from the Speech Board may help narrow down your issue.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 129.00
Cabinet Parts
Bob's Pinball Stuff

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/space-shuttle-sound-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.