(Topic ID: 210597)

Space Shuttle: Prev Owner Butchered Wiring

By xagesz

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider xagesz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

So I have had a few machines and can handle your average maintenance and have a friend that is good with the pcbs. So I have a new/used playfield on the way and need to clean up the wiring. There are fresh braided cables that look to be randomly wired in and strung everywhere.

What are some basics I can follow to patch and repair? I know to look at the color combo to determine wires but how do I go about figuring out what to daisy chain and such? its mainly switches. The solenoids and lights all look ok. Just switches look to be repurposed. Things that are not normal.... USA up top does rotate letters with flippers but it does not activateletters via the rollover switches

#3 6 years ago

My issue is that there are no loose wires near where switches are rewired. I am trying to return to normal but it looks like they are missing. but at the same time nothing looks out of place

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 129.00
Cabinet Parts
Bob's Pinball Stuff

2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Boise, ID
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider xagesz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/space-shuttle-prev-owner-butchered-wiring?tu=xagesz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.