Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by goingincirclez
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

So I have had a few machines and can handle your average maintenance and have a friend that is good with the pcbs. So I have a new/used playfield on the way and need to clean up the wiring. There are fresh braided cables that look to be randomly wired in and strung everywhere.

What are some basics I can follow to patch and repair? I know to look at the color combo to determine wires but how do I go about figuring out what to daisy chain and such? its mainly switches. The solenoids and lights all look ok. Just switches look to be repurposed. Things that are not normal.... USA up top does rotate letters with flippers but it does not activateletters via the rollover switches

#2 1 year ago

The switches should be wired in a matrix just like the lamps, there'd be no difference in theory with how they're wired up. All the switches in one row/column need to be connected together, the order doesn't matter.

#3 1 year ago

My issue is that there are no loose wires near where switches are rewired. I am trying to return to normal but it looks like they are missing. but at the same time nothing looks out of place

#4 1 year ago

Well, wires will be white striped with colors and green striped with colors... do you know fully what was done to it? I've worked on games that copper thieves pulled the wiring from, and games where someone cut out wires for patching into other machines. It can give you a clue as to what exactly is missing. Also, are you sure it's rewired, and the outlane switches aren't just set to something unusual in the settings?

#5 1 year ago

Moving the lights on the USA lanes has little to do with registering them. As you know, the lane change switch on the right flipper moves the light... but this logic is separated from registering them with a rollover switch.

So before you start messing with wires, look at the switch matrix and test them all. Check off each switch on the matrix.

If you have malfunctioning switches that all live in the same row or column, that will point to a problem in the MPU, and/or "which wire" to start investigating more closely.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Albuquerque, NM
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 50.00
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 9.95
Flipper Parts
TheDudeMods
$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
€ 159.00
Cabinet - Toppers
FlipperLED

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside