• Latest reply 1 year ago by pindel
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8278038C-AB61-4950-9334-A5D4A56FB26D (resized).jpeg
#1 1 year ago

We acquired a Space Shuttle Pin recently and it was working when we got it back to the arcade. I can add a credit and I can start a game but nothing happens.
If I go into diagnostics and do the Solenoid tests nothing actually happens.
I checked continuity on all the fuses and they all seem good. Still very new to diagnostics so any help is appreciated.

thanks!

#2 1 year ago

Did you pull fuses and check with a meter ?

LTG : )

#3 1 year ago

I did not. But will try that next.

thanks!

#4 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Did you pull fuses and check with a meter ?
LTG : )

My brother in-law High Speed did the same thing once. But he just told me it was broken. He did a job for me ( approximately $75.00) I said how much do I owe you, he said fix my High Speed next time you come over. About a month later I went to see my sister and went to look at his game. He then told me what all wasn't working. I pulled fuse out and replaced it. With in 5 minutes game was back in business and No Problems. He was pissed because it was just a fuse and he let it set for two months.
I believe it happened during multi ball all 3 solenoid fired at the same time.

1 week later
#5 1 year ago

When you power on the machine do the coils pop real quick? Mine did that when I initially got it running then stopped working when I came back at another time. I ended up letting it sit and remembered I needed to recap my power supply. Recapped it and things started working again. Not saying the power supply is your issue, but you might test your voltages at the power supply and the coils.

Some info I found out:

Coils in Space Shuttle aren't driven off the CPU, there is a chip that drives them prior to leaving the MPU board on the left side.

#6 1 year ago

Pull the fuse from the circled location and test\replace. It powers coils.

8278038C-AB61-4950-9334-A5D4A56FB26D (resized).jpeg8278038C-AB61-4950-9334-A5D4A56FB26D (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Homer Glen, IL
2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/space-shuttle-none-of-the-solenoids-working-in-test and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.