(Topic ID: 35845)

Space Shuttle - No sound + Hum

By bonedoc

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 11 years ago

I can when I get home... Had a very similar problem with Sorcerer recently and I also own a Space Shuttle.

#53 11 years ago

I would definately appreciate that! Pin 34 of the sound PIA actually goes to the ribbon connector to the sound board.

So, the only sound associated pin that trace out is pin 40 of U4. Anyone know where this goes? It says "Sound Busy". in the schematic...but I dont see crap.

#54 11 years ago

And done! It actually was the PIA! Pretty funny.

I now have a space shuttle that has fully returned from the grave! If anyone want to know. The pin number 40 on the sound PIA goes nowhere.

#55 11 years ago

Nice job - damn PIAs fail more often than anything else...

viperrwk

#56 11 years ago
Quoted from bonedoc:

And done! It actually was the PIA! Pretty funny.
I now have a Space Shuttle that has fully returned from the grave! If anyone want to know. The pin number 40 on the sound PIA goes nowhere.

YAY! Very happy to hear that you got it working! So U4 was the culprit I assume? Very odd that it was bad considering your solenoids were working. Happy Gaming bonedoc!

#57 11 years ago

Yes, it was U4 and 2 bad traces. One to the next project...a firepower 2 and a monte carlo...then all 12 in my living room will be running.

1 year later
#58 9 years ago

Just dropping this here because a replacement System 9 was mentioned by the OP: http://www.pinballpcb.com/System9-11cMainBoard.html

UNsure if this exists yet, but it IS listed as under construction.

5 years later
#59 3 years ago
Quoted from 72Devilz:

Still check for -12 to -13 volts on 1J17 you could have voltage out of spec or no voltage at all and that would cause the sound to not work but you will still get hum from the amp as its not driven from the same feed.

I’m having the same issue. My 1J17 is reading -15volts. Is that to low?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Boise, ID
$ 129.00
Cabinet Parts
Bob's Pinball Stuff

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/space-shuttle-no-sound-hum/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.