Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by BrewNinja
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

I have a space shuttle that has no sound. I have the proper 12 volts coming off of the power supply. Where should I test on the MPu to ensure there is 12v at the sound section? I can confirm that it is not the speech board because I swapped in a known working one. I can also confirm it is not the PIA for the same reason.

I have an entire system 11a board with a clean sound section I can scavenge parts from. What do you suggest I change?

#3 5 years ago

Eprom. I would have to go back and look at the schematics, but it is the sound eprom on the MPU. Fixed one a month ago with the same problem.

#4 5 years ago

I had the same issue with my space shuttle. I ended up replacing a lot of parts trying to track it down (I don't have a scope). There are a lot of things it could be. Do you get any sounds/music at all? The ram chip is known for going bad, you could try that (maybe u11? Trying to remember off the top of my head). When I'm at a computer tomorrow, I can bring up the schematics and give you some stuff to look at if nobody else pipes in before then.

#5 5 years ago

U12 is the 6810 ram, not U11. If I remember right, this is what ended up being bad on mine. I replaced a lot of stuff and it was a while ago, so I cant fully remember.

Anyways, back to the computer now, so I can type more. Do you have any sound at all? What if you hit the test button on the board (SW2)? Another thing to try is to jumper W10 and then disconnect the sound board. When you hit SW2, you should then hear some sounds.

Did you make sure its not the potentiometer? When you turn up the volume, can you hear louder buzzing from the speakers?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball
Led
2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St Charles, IL
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toppers
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 129.00
Cabinet Parts
Bob's Pinball Stuff
Cabinet parts
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/space-shuttle-no-sound-1?hl=brewninja and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.