(Topic ID: 197759)

Space Shuttle : new solenoid..is ot connected right?

By Smart_Bomb

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20170910_192344 (resized).jpg
    #1 6 years ago

I purchased a new solenoid from marco for the right kicker in my space shuttle pin (the new one is in my hand in the pic). The diode on the new one is placed on the opposite side of the original....the red leads on original go to the side of the diode with the line....but if i hold the new solenoid in same position the red leads will not fall on the side of the diode line.....

Stupid question: i should solder the red leads to the diode side with the line correct? Dont worry about if the wires will solder in opposite positions than the original, correct? Right now i have the red leads tied to the diode line side but not soldered yet...i want to make sure im doing it right before movong forward.

20170910_192344 (resized).jpg20170910_192344 (resized).jpg

#2 6 years ago

Just put your red wires on the banded side of the diode like original and you will be fine. It doesn't matter as long as the red is on the banded side.

It's better to clear the hole of solder on the new coil and put/stick the wire through the hole then solder instead of just laying the wire on the terminal and "surface" soldering.

#3 6 years ago
    Quoted from Travish:

Just put your red wires on the banded side of the diode like original and you will be fine. It doesn't matter as long as the red is on the banded side.
    It's better to clear the hole of solder on the new coil and put/stick the wire through the hole then solder instead of just laying the wire on the terminal and "surface" soldering.

Thanks..thats what i did.

#4 6 years ago

Anytime I solder two wires to one lug(in this case the red wires), I like to twist the wires together then tin with solder. Makes it a whole lot easier!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/space-shuttle-new-solenoidis-ot-connected-right and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.