finish1 (resized).jpg
shot1 (resized).jpg
popspoons (resized).jpg
shot2 (resized).jpg
pc (resized).jpg
rot (resized).jpg
birthday (resized).jpg
IMG_8697 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider amboggs.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 7 years ago

How does the product "fill" cupped inserts? With as thick as it is, it seems like there would be some airspace in there.

Assuming that were true, would it be better to sand the playfield clean and then relevel it by filling the inserts with urethane?

#21 7 years ago

Two more questions:

One of the pictures of the installed looks like there are scratches. Are these in the playfield or on the glass?

Second, given that this is printed on the underside of the plastic, should scratches show up, could they be buffed out?

#35 7 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I was crapping my pants thinking that the flipper shafts will not be long enough......

My thought was on drop targets.

Thanks for clarifying the thicknesss.

4 months later
#150 6 years ago

Got mine today, here is my unboxing.
IMG_1896 (resized).JPGIMG_1896 (resized).JPG
IMG_1897 (resized).JPGIMG_1897 (resized).JPG
IMG_1898 (resized).JPGIMG_1898 (resized).JPG
IMG_1899 (resized).JPGIMG_1899 (resized).JPG

Looking forward to getting it installed. Came very well packed. Registration of the art seems spot on.

Something that stood out, that may not make an big difference end the end so please don't flame me for being nit picky, is the size of the holes for the wire guides. They seem a little big for the size of the wire.

I know SS doesn't have a lot of wire guides to begin with, but I could see it being a distraction on other games. I am assuming it was done on purpose to account for different playfields and making sure they would fit.

An option on other games might be to instruct the buyer to fill in those holes and then mark where to drill the holes on the playfield. This probably introduces a slew of other contingencies.

1 week later
#156 6 years ago

Got mine installed and I'm really happy with the way it looks. Installation wasn't that bad, I think s speck of dust got in there under one of my inserts, but I'll live. I still neeed to do some drilling and adjusting some of the holes, and this was to be expected.

I've never done a vinyl playfield overlay, but I have done other large overlay projects and that can say the hardtop is much easier to do given its stiffness.

Something I wish I had done was outline my inserts in black. Getting everything perfectly aligned is impossible (there are potentially four different Space Shuttles) and you can't really see the artwork through the protective coating, so I was basing it off aligning the holes. I did try to hold it up to the light to check the alignment. After all was said and done, there are a handful of places where it is slightly off from the insert. Outlining them in black beforehand may make it less noticable. The other option would be to remove the protective coating before securing it down. The guys from Outside Edge may want to comment on that option.

Looking forward to getting my machine back together.

IMG_1943 (resized).JPGIMG_1943 (resized).JPG

IMG_1941 (resized).JPGIMG_1941 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 129.00
Cabinet Parts
Bob's Pinball Stuff

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider amboggs.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/space-shuttle-new-prototype-playfield-product?tu=amboggs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.