finish1 (resized).jpg
shot1 (resized).jpg
popspoons (resized).jpg
shot2 (resized).jpg
pc (resized).jpg
rot (resized).jpg
birthday (resized).jpg
IMG_8697 (resized).JPG
There are 164 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 6 years ago
Quoted from AMBoggs:

They seem a little big for the size of the wire.

Only issue with this that I can think of is if bare wood ended up showing underneath where it wouldn't have been seen before.

#152 6 years ago

How long will these be printed? If I decide to wait a few months to see how others' have held up, will there still be stock in say, September? Will these be limited runs? I'd hate to jump into it, find out it doesn't hold up and be disappointed -OR- wait, find out it's a fantastic product, and then not be able to get one.

#153 6 years ago
Quoted from ExitWound:

How long will these be printed? If I decide to wait a few months to see how others' have held up, will there still be stock in say, September? Will these be limited runs? I'd hate to jump into it, find out it doesn't hold up and be disappointed -OR- wait, find out it's a fantastic product, and then not be able to get one.

These WILL be available on an ongoing basis. To also quote another question from the other Hardtop thread.... "Are these prone to scratch?"... they have a hard coating on them to prevent scratching, however.... in reality NOTHING lasts forever... hence the need for my product in the first place. We have developed this product to be an affordable fix for many, many titles that have horrible (beyond usable/presentable) playfield wear. That being said, these too will have some sort of usable life. While it was not in the cards to pay for accelerated wear testing in a lab (yes,that can be done... at a cost$$$) ... we did take approximately one year to research our best case scenario as a great second choice behind a shiney new playfield (if it exists).

Yes, you can wait. We will be ready to send you one when you are ready. So far, 12 Space Shuttles have left the launch pad, not including the 3 we have ourselves.. Believe me, I get it. It is nice to see some success before ordering. We wont play the buy it now or else game. Now, when we get to titles that involve neon/special colors (think Dr. Dude, Party Zone etc.) It WILL be more of a special run... then buy while they last scenario. Why? Because we will run those titles differently in our screen department... ad the cost is more to set up and run.

Pharaoh is being beta tested as we speak... and our Wizard owner is coming to pick up Wizard for his beta this week, we hope. We are now working on COMET, TAXI and FUTURE SPA.

Soon, I will announce our next group of 5 or 6 titles

#154 6 years ago

Good to know that they'll be available for Space Shuttle for a while. I'm definitely not looking for a product to last forever. That's just insane to expect that. However, if there are numerous defects after, say, 12 months of play, then I'd be glad I had waited. BUT, that said, my playfield is blown out and I have little recourse. Either I jump in or I don't Memorial Day sales? *nudge nudge*

#155 6 years ago

BUY THIS HARDTOP! The price can't be beat!

#156 6 years ago

Got mine installed and I'm really happy with the way it looks. Installation wasn't that bad, I think s speck of dust got in there under one of my inserts, but I'll live. I still neeed to do some drilling and adjusting some of the holes, and this was to be expected.

I've never done a vinyl playfield overlay, but I have done other large overlay projects and that can say the hardtop is much easier to do given its stiffness.

Something I wish I had done was outline my inserts in black. Getting everything perfectly aligned is impossible (there are potentially four different Space Shuttles) and you can't really see the artwork through the protective coating, so I was basing it off aligning the holes. I did try to hold it up to the light to check the alignment. After all was said and done, there are a handful of places where it is slightly off from the insert. Outlining them in black beforehand may make it less noticable. The other option would be to remove the protective coating before securing it down. The guys from Outside Edge may want to comment on that option.

Looking forward to getting my machine back together.

IMG_1943 (resized).JPGIMG_1943 (resized).JPG

IMG_1941 (resized).JPGIMG_1941 (resized).JPG

#157 6 years ago

Yeah, I had the same little issues as well where the lineup is millimeters off on some holes. Obviously Williams was just chucking these out so the manufacturing process allowed for some shift.

#158 6 years ago

About 80% through my install. Have the hardtop on and am putting things back on the playfield.
Really a pain to sand the old insert lettering off, since someone put crappy clearcoat over the playfield, bad touchup and all. Took forever to get through that to the insert lettering.
Note that the hardtop is set up for the "hotdog" inserts near the center. If you have the alternate round inserts like me, you will need to be sure that the area between the round inserts looks decent. I did a quick paint pen black between the inserts and it looks fine.
I also had to adjust a few mounting holes to match the playfield exactly, but it's coming along well, if slowly.

#159 6 years ago

Does not ship to Canada?

#160 6 years ago
Quoted from Plumonium:

Does not ship to Canada?

We can ship to Canada... We just do not have our site and payment options set up for International sales. You can actually email us and order manually, then we send you a Paypal invoice to pay. Then we ship... It has worked well so far, as we have shipped to Australia several times.

#161 6 years ago

Wrong thread sorry

#162 6 years ago

What about a 'nude' version for Future Spa, that would be awesome. I'll buy one either way but........

1 week later
#163 6 years ago

Happy Friday all...I currently have a message out to a member who may be able to supply us with a "circles" insert version of the playfield. If we are able to get one of these stripped playfields sent to us for the modifications to the "hotdog" version... these too will be made available. Stay tuned!

We have now sent out over 20 units, and we are starting to see more finished results!

Pharaoh will be placed on our website for sale as soon as we can get it added. It too is ready to go.

Thanks to all who have purchased so far. We really appreciate your business!

#164 6 years ago

Good news for all you "non hotdog" playfield owners! I have found a collector that is willing to work with us to modify the art to offer a version of the Hardtop that will be for these circle insert playfields floating around. It will be a month or so... but they are coming!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Homer Glen, IL
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 164 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/space-shuttle-new-prototype-playfield-product/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.