Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

InkedInked20170917_082541_LI (resized).jpg
Inked20170917_082509_LI (resized).jpg
Inked20170917_082250_LI (resized).jpg
Inked20170917_082231_LI (resized).jpg
#1 6 years ago

This is blowing my mind. The multiball on my space shuttle pin ALL OF THE SUDDEN does not activate. It is not a board problem. It is a leaf switch / lever arm issue and I hope i explain this corretly

I can't wrap my hear around why NOW all of the sudden, the lever arm, when hits the leaf switch, it isn't activating the multiball. I took the leaf switch out and activated with with my fingers by touching the leaf switch accordingly so the multiball DOES work when activated by leaf switch.

When the leaf switch is in position, the lever arm swings up and lifts the top leaf arm slightly.....but the top leaf arm is not touching the leaf arm below it or anything for that matter...so how did the multiball leaf switch even work in the past then? Its not touching anything before lever arm raises it and its not touching anything after being raise (and as it swings up it does not touch the bottom leaf arm at all..doesn't even slightly graze it).

From what I can tell by activating it with my fingers the multiball is activated by the bottom leaf arm touching the short leaf arm that is between the top and bottom leaf arm. So I figured, "Ok..maybe the lever arm fell out of position??? (but how??) and its supposed to lift the bottom leaf arm to touch that short leaf switch.

But there is no way to make the bottom leaf arm get lifted by the lever.....there is no way for the lever or bottom leaf arm to be configured to here the bottom is lifted by the lever.

What am I missing here gang? It ALWAYS worked...the leaf switch and lever was never touched before this issue.

How should the multiball leaf switch and lever arm be set up? Which leaf arm is supposed to be lifted by the lever and how should that lever be positioned in conjunction with the other leaf arm???..should it be touching another leaf arm?

Inked20170917_082231_LI (resized).jpgInked20170917_082231_LI (resized).jpg

Inked20170917_082250_LI (resized).jpgInked20170917_082250_LI (resized).jpg

Inked20170917_082509_LI (resized).jpgInked20170917_082509_LI (resized).jpg

InkedInked20170917_082541_LI (resized).jpgInkedInked20170917_082541_LI (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Homer Glen, IL
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/space-shuttle-multiball-leaf-switch-suddenly-doesnt-activate and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.