4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by chad
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DennisT.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Ok, I have a strange one here. I picked up this game as a project. The cpu board was dead so instead of spending a lot of time trying to repair it I decided to use a spare 11A board I have and see how that would work. I tested it first with Leon's test chip and everything looked good so I went a head and burned new roms using the dos commands I found on another post. Fired it up and it looked good.

So here's the problem. After cleaning and adjusting several dirty switches and replacing a pop bumper coil the game played fine up until you lock one or two balls. After hitting the single drop target in front of the ramp and then following up with the the ramp shot it starts the countdown 3, 2, 1, the heat shield raises up for about a second, then a voice says abort takeoff and no multiball takes place. I also did a switch matrix test and coil test and they all checked out ok.

So far I've not found anything describing this abort takeoff. All other aspects of the game seem to work fine. I guess it could be a rom issue but that would be beyond my abilities.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

#3 4 years ago

Let me clarify one thing, it's abort liftoff, not takeoff. My bad.

#4 4 years ago

OMG, I can't believe I missed it. I didn't notice when I checked all the switches that the wireform came out of one side of the bracket that was enough for it to not see the ball when it passed by. Just made a slight adjustment so it fits tight and will not come out again. We now have multiball!

Thanks Chad

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DennisT.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/space-shuttle-multiball-issue?tu=DennisT and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.