(Topic ID: 126042)

Space Shuttle Multi-Ball Sequence

By vwallat99

8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

I have a question for when Space Shuttle goes triggers into multi-ball when you hit the ramp. It appears that when you trigger the multi-ball the machine says 3-2-1 and then launches the ball(s) out of lock. My machine does not go through that sequence and just launches the ball(s) out. Where would I look for how to get my machine to do the normal sequence again?

#2 8 years ago
Quoted from vwallat99:

Where would I look for how to get my machine to do the normal sequence again?

Is there a pause after you go through the ramp? Maybe just that sound is corrupted on the rom?

#3 8 years ago

Does the playfield bonus grid and backglass show the 3-2-1 countdown? It should. So if it's doing so, I would suspect a sound issue as Toyotaboy suggested. If it's not, perhaps it's an issue with the shuttle switch, as that's what actually triggers the effect. If you hit only that first (shuttle) switch but don't have enough momentum to send the ball to the second switch on the ramp, you get a countdown which aborts, and no ball release. I'm not sure what happens if the first switch is missing and then the second one is hit...? Just offering some troubleshooting refs.

#4 8 years ago

If you half ramp it does the center post pop-up? This sounds to me like the ramp entry switch connector is not connected, not registering, missing or broken in some way. You can still start multiball by hitting the back switch but the game won't pop the center post and if I recall, doesn't do the countdown if it doesn't register the front switch.

#5 8 years ago

Doesn't do the countdown at all. I will check on the front switch by the shuttle.

#6 8 years ago

The switch under the shuttle doesn't work. I took it apart and tried triggering it by hand but it won't work. All the wiring and everything looks fine nothing glares out to me as an issue. There isn't like a manual switch to turn this feature off?

#7 8 years ago

That feature is not selectable AFAIK; it's kind of integral to the game.

Let's see, from memory I think there's a 2-pin molex connector for that switch under the playfield, feeding out under the shuttle, so make sure it didn't somehow come loose. There's probably a diode somewhere if not on the switch itself, so check that. You might also remove the switch (disconnect the wiring) and use a meter to make sure it's good (check for continuity when you close the contacts) - that last step would confirm that the switch itself is good and not just finally worn out.

#8 8 years ago

Updated: By checking under the shuttle and taking it apart, suddenly it works. I didn't do anything but I'll take it. Thanks for the help guys.

#9 8 years ago

Glad to hear it's working... sometimes the easy "mystery" fixes are the best, the machine just wanted some extra attention

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Homer Glen, IL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/space-shuttle-multi-ball-sequence and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.