• Latest reply 1 year ago by newovad
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8180[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_8179[1] (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider newovad.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 1 year ago

Ran into this gremlin and haven't been able to solve it on my own. Lower Pop on Space Shuttle is currently not working, and it's my favorite of all the pops. The game is really boring without it. Everything else is currently working.

Here's the current rundown. This is a Special Solenoid, which means it has it's own special uniqueness. Bottom switch is fine (switch 27, shows up in the Matrix and all that) but the top switch does not fire the pop.

I've tested a lot of stuff. Here's the most notable items.
Grounded Q81 - Pop Fires
Grounded 1J18 pin 4 - Does Not Fire
Grounded single lug under playfield - Pop fires

So that leads me to believe the problem is at U7. So, I grabbed the ol' Logic Probe and just ended up confusing myself. I tested all the pins on the working switches on U6 and came to the same conclusion: one pin high and output high, other side goes high when the switch is depressed and output goes low. Jet or kicker fires, rinse and repeat.

U7 was socketed and I tried another one I had lying around and came up with the same results twice.
Q77 - Right Kicker works however: one pin high (6) and output high (4), other side stays low (5) when switch is depressed, output stays high but Kicker fires.
Q81 - Non-working pop: one pin high (11) and output high (13), other side goes high (12) when switch is depressed but output (beep) goes away.

So, where do I go from here?

IMG_8179[1] (resized).JPGIMG_8179[1] (resized).JPGIMG_8180[1] (resized).JPGIMG_8180[1] (resized).JPG
#2 1 year ago

Help? If grounding 1J18 pin 4 does not fire the coil, where do I look? I've search through other thread on Special Solenoid switches and haven't seen the resolution of that issue.

#3 1 year ago

Well, I guess I fixed this. Missing continuity from one leg of Q80 to one leg of Q81. Still doesn't fire like the other pops when manually engaging in switch test mode but works in game. I'll take the win.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 129.00
Cabinet Parts
Bob's Pinball Stuff

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider newovad.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/space-shuttle-lower-jet-not-working?tu=newovad and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.