(Topic ID: 59271)

Space Shuttle isn't in the top 100 - HOW?

By Collin

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 46 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by wayout440
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Space_Shuttle_side_by_side.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider patrickvc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

If you become decent at it, the ball locks are really easy to hit, so the strategy for points is plunge ball, lock ball, plunge ball, drop target, hit ramp to start multiball and then shoot balls past the spinner to build 7X bonus and then up the ramp for points. You can also shoot the ball up the other ramp to keep switching to "Extra Ball" as the SHUTTLE reward.
If you lose a ball, catch and lock the ball and repeat.
It's a really, really simple strategy, and if you have decent ball control skills, it makes it so that you can play for a really, really, really long time. And with the ruleset being so shallow, playing that long isn't so rewarding. There isn't really anything else to shoot for.
It doesn't help that the game has the Airlock thing that saves the ball and the up post in the middle of the game.
And again, lest anyone think I'm trashing their favorite game or whatever, I really like it for what it is. I am waiting for my new tumbler to arrive tomorrow for the playfield swap that I'm in the middle of to continue. But I also realize that Shuttle will be one of the games that I have in the collection because it is a looker and something nostalgic (it's the title after Jurassic Park that I credit with getting me into pinball), not because it is a great playing machine.

I agree if you get the strategy down it does bore after awhile.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Homer Glen, IL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider patrickvc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/space-shuttle-isnt-in-the-top-100-how?tu=patrickvc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.