(Topic ID: 59271)

Space Shuttle isn't in the top 100 - HOW?

By Collin

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 46 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by wayout440
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Space_Shuttle_side_by_side.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider collin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

For as many people here are talking about Space Shuttle lately (basically all saying positive things), and for as fun and historically significant as the game are, I'm shocked it's not in the top 100.

Does anyone else think that's slightly criminal?

#10 10 years ago

I know the top 100 list is mostly arbitrary, it's just shocking that a game as brilliant as Space Shuttle isn't even in the top 100, and Black Knight barely is. I'm someone who generally prefers DMDs, and even I would rather play either of those games than about 90% of DMD games ever made.

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from Mato:

it's really personal choice in the end.

I think my issue is that scores of people made personal choices that directly resulted in each game on that list being in the position it's in. Maybe the issue is that this knowledge damages my faith in humanity

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from mcclad:

I kind of have to agree. I do not own a Space Shuttle, but if I did it would get more play than most of my machines.

You've got a kick-ass collection; there are a few games in there that I'm jealous of. Space Shuttle is definitely appealing, though. It's actually my girlfriend's favorite pin I have.

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from mcclad:

Your collection is nothing to sneeze at. I wish that I had a few of those titles. Along with a Space Shuttle. LOL.

Well, maybe you should trade me your Revenge From Mars (and live closer, so that would be feasible.)

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from BigB:

This is part of the problem. Also, people need to take the time to rate it. Only a small percentage of those that own one have rated it. You can lead a horse to water.....

Conversely, there are plenty of ratings for games here that are probably based on a couple credits worth of play, and are useless, but are weighted the same as a rating from someone who has put in the time to get to know a game.

#36 10 years ago

The pinball so nice, you bought it twice!

#37 10 years ago

Also, I kinda think it would be interesting to see how the lists would play out if they were broken down in the same way that one selects pinball game preferences in a Pinside profile. That is:
Early EM
Late EM (I forget the year range for each, but think it's basically flipperless or with flippers)
Early SS
Alphanumeric SS
DMD (plus Pin2k and WOZ; basically any pinball with newer display technology than alphanumeric)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
$ 129.00
Cabinet Parts
Bob's Pinball Stuff

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider collin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/space-shuttle-isnt-in-the-top-100-how?tu=collin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.