You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20190702_082053.jpg
5C043B28-0AA9-4451-9654-B2E74CBA4FB0 (resized).jpeg
0A43761F-E807-4091-81EC-595F235AD30D (resized).jpeg
#1 4 years ago

So my game has previously been locking a ball - and then not kicking out another ball to the shooter lane and it acts like the ball was drained and gives out the bonus and then goes to the next ball. Sometimes a ball drains and it sits as if the ball didn’t drain, or won’t eject a ball for a while and it occasionally won’t add a credit and start the game with the left button. I replaced the batteries and now it enters the bookkeeping mode where it displays the 2535-3 on the player 1 score rather than the 0 for the start of the game. Now when I get it to go back to display the high scores I can’t add a credit and start a game. Anyone have any ideas why and how to remedy any of these issues? Thanks!

#2 4 years ago

My thoughts are if you replaced your batteries with the power off you lost your settings (why its booting into audit mode) and the game is no longer set to Free Play. Though i’m not sure if i’m understanding what you mean by adding a credit. Via coin switches or just hitting start button? The start button won’t add a credit, it starts a game if you have credits. Unless it is set to Free Play then you don’t need any credits.

But the first issue you mention sounds like a possible switch matrix issue. At least the way I interpreted it. Lock a ball, then game registers outhole switch. You can use switch edge test to see what the mpu is registering when you trigger that lock switch. If you see more than just the ball lock switch displayed, that is a problem. This is a quick, non-evasive test so if its not that you havent lost anything... lol

Now if you do see multiple switches recognized we can go down that path to resolve it.

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from Completist:

My thoughts are if you replaced your batteries with the power off you lost your settings (why its booting into audit mode) and the game is no longer set to Free Play. Though i’m not sure if i’m understanding what you mean by adding a credit. Via coin switches or just hitting start button? The start button won’t add a credit, it starts a game if you have credits. Unless it is set to Free Play then you don’t need any credits.
But the first issue you mention sounds like a possible switch matrix issue. At least the way I interpreted it. Lock a ball, then game registers outhole switch. You can use switch edge test to see what the mpu is registering when you trigger that lock switch. If you see more than just the ball lock switch displayed, that is a problem. This is a quick, non-evasive test so if its not that you havent lost anything... lol
Now if you do see multiple switches recognized we can go down that path to resolve it.

Appreciate you taking the time. I’ll go back through and try to debug with these instructions and let you know what results we get!

#4 4 years ago

The way the ball will sometimes sit in the outhole without it ending/advancing to next ball makes me think the whole switch problem may be the outhole switch. Sounds like it may be gapped improperly, or maybe the wiring lugs are mashed together or the tensioner leaf is making contact with the other side of the switch etc...

Centaur has 5 balls to keep track of though, so it's possible maybe one of the other ball trough switches is out of adjustment or something like that too. Switch test is your friend here, as completist suggested. See if it recognizes the ball in the outhole, and that it notices when you remove the ball as well. Also, be sure all drop targets are up and all balls are removed from game before beginning switch test. The display should read "0" if no switches are closed.

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from Completist:

Ok so function 18 is set to 0 so I’m thinking it should be on free play. I didn’t jump out of audit to test.

Switch test resulted in 11,12,20,36 which per this picture is middle ball ramp, lower ball ramp, T drop target, and ball shooter lane. I did this without starting a game or anything, ball in shooter lane.

I then locked both locks and got 16,20,24. Drained a ball and got 9.

Then I put one lock in and got 9,20,16,12. With two balls drained.

0A43761F-E807-4091-81EC-595F235AD30D (resized).jpeg0A43761F-E807-4091-81EC-595F235AD30D (resized).jpeg

#6 4 years ago

Sorry i mixed your game up with another one i was helping with.

It sounds like the game is detecting the eject hole switches and ball trough switches in switch test. I guess you may have to try to catch the game while it's acting up, then put it into switch test and see if there are any active switches it's not detecting.

#7 4 years ago

Hey give me a call after 5:00 tonight I will help you fix the problem! We will get her running it has never gave me any issues except minor switch adjustments because of the hard top. I am assuming something similar is going on with it. Also going to be putting my Space Station up for a steal tonight let me know if your interested and I mean a steal!

#8 4 years ago

Ok does anyone know where I can buy these or if it makes a difference if I have them or not? I think that’s the reason why my game keeps starting in bookkeeping mode (obviously I normally have the batteries in).

5C043B28-0AA9-4451-9654-B2E74CBA4FB0 (resized).jpeg5C043B28-0AA9-4451-9654-B2E74CBA4FB0 (resized).jpeg
#9 4 years ago

I think macro specialties caries those

#10 4 years ago

I'd suggest either replacing the battery holder with a remote battery pack or you can replace the RAM chip with an NVRAM and get rid of the batteries entirely.

If using a remote battery pack (pic below), you can solder the wires from the pack right to the board (and possibly extend the wires from the board and run them all the way to the front of the cab for easy access to the battery pack thru the coin door)...Pinwiki should have instructions.

Any electronics store should have them for purchase, as well as pinball parts places like Marco Specialities, The Pinball Resource, Pinball Life, etc.

NVRAM would require replacing the RAM chip, which may be difficult if it isn't socketed. Not sure if you are good with board work though, may not be a problem for you.

Either way, no batteries should be the reason why it keeps booting into bookkeeping mode.
IMG_20190702_082053.jpgIMG_20190702_082053.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 129.00
Cabinet Parts
Bob's Pinball Stuff

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/space-shuttle-having-issues?hl=pinmasher and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.