(Topic ID: 202095)

Space Shuttle : game tilts instantly when ball is in play.

By Smart_Bomb

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

For some reason all of the sudden my space shuttle pin tilts the second the ball goes thru the lane guides. The tilt plum is not touching anything. I was playing a game and did not nudge the game or anything and it tilted mid game...i shoot the next ball and the second it goes thru the lane guide it tilts...did it for all balls...so then i started a four player game and it tilted every ball___i turned it off then on again and still does it.

I played it for about 10 minutes before it staryed doing this and its never done this before.

#2 6 years ago

There are 3 tilts on the switch matrix (plumb bob, roll and slam). So I am thinking a diode issue, maybe on slam.

But the "U", "S" and "A" lanes are on column 4 and the tilts on Column 1.

Do you know if the balls happened to be passing only through the "A" lane? (it can be common on a plunge)

Take the glass off, start a game and trigger other switches. For row 7 do the right in-lane and "E" target.

Check the diode on the slam tilt. I'm not sure if it is going to be the one on the coin door or a tilt mounted to the bottom of the playfield. But get some more info to help narrow this down.

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

There are 3 tilts on the switch matrix (plumb bob, roll and slam). So I am thinking a diode issue, maybe on slam.
But the "U", "S" and "A" lanes are on column 4 and the tilts on Column 1.
Do you know if the balls happened to be passing only through the "A" lane? (it can be common on a plunge)
Take the glass off, start a game and trigger other switches. For row 7 do the right in-lane and "E" target.
Check the diode on the slam tilt. I'm not sure if it is going to be the one on the coin door or a tilt mounted to the bottom of the playfield. But get some more info to help narrow this down.

i can tell u right off hand it happens when the ball goes thru any lane.

I will do your suggestions tomorrow....im too disgusted with this pin to work on it any more tonight...its been nothing but a heartache since i got it. I have another issue im still dealing with i posted before...im not even going to get into it in this thread.

and thank for the suggestions too.

#4 6 years ago

I see your other thread about the ramp upper switch. it is number 32. USA are 29,30,31. All column 4.

So, whatever messing around you did with the other switch may have introduced and issue. Check for a short on the back tabs of the leafs.

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

I see your other thread about the ramp upper switch. it is number 32. USA are 29,30,31. All column 4.
So, whatever messing around you did with the other switch may have introduced and issue. Check for a short on the back tabs of the leafs.

I was referring to the one i made about the buzzing from the back box which was never there then all of the sudden it started. Its excrutiating...I cant keep the game on.

#6 6 years ago

ok..here is where I am at with the pin. I did your suggestion this morning.

When the game is turned on it begin with 6 credits...its never done this before..it is set on freeplay...but now 6 credits show up.

lane guide "A" ends the game...meaning when the ball drops thru lane "A" the game instantly stops and goes to attract mode.

Top left bumper: either tilts the game OR makes the noise of the tilt but doesn't tilt...but when activated a second time it will tilt.

Top right bumper: tilts the game every its activated.

also, if the bumper doesn't tilt the game, they give credits when activated.

I should point out the boards were professionally shopped before i got the pin.

I initially thought the lane guides were tilting but the lane activation and bumpers are so close in action it made it seem like it was the lane guides..it all happens so quickly ya know?

Anyway..everything i listed all just starting happening out of the blue yesterday evening.

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from Smart_Bomb:

ok..here is where I am at with the pin. I did your suggestion this morning.
When the game is turned on it begin with 6 credits...its never done this before..it is set on freeplay...but now 6 credits show up.
lane guide "A" ends the game...meaning when the ball drops thru lane "A" the game instantly stops and goes to attract mode.
Top left bumper: either tilts the game OR makes the noise of the tilt but doesn't tilt...but when activated a second time it will tilt.
Top right bumper: tilts the game every its activated.
also...if the bumper doesn't tilt the game it gives credits for every bumper hit.
I initially thought the lane guides were tilting but the lane activation and bumpers are so close in action it made it seem like it was the lane guides..it all happens so quickly ya know?
Anyway..everything i listed all just starting happening out of the blue yesterday evening.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Homer Glen, IL
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/space-shuttle-game-tilts-instantly-when-ball-is-in-play and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.