(Topic ID: 225910)

Space shuttle flipper coil power wires reversed?

By patrickvc

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by patrickvc
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

F8E697DF-E244-4032-A3E7-8B0F25978574 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
20180923_212128 (resized).jpg
20180923_212254 (resized).jpg
DSC00646 (resized).JPG
DSC00645 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider patrickvc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

On my right flipper coil, the coil is weak when flipping from rest but strong when the EOS opens like it was wired backwards. If I flip the power and return wires on the outer lugs will I damage anything? TheEOS wires are on the correct lugs. Problem is each wire is blue on the right flipper and may have been accidentally backwards long before I got the machine

#3 5 years ago

Thanks Lloyd. That’s how mine is wired, but why does it switch to high power when the EOS opens? It should be opposite. I’m running a 11630 parallel coil with cap instead of the 23600 on the right side only left side is acting fine

#4 5 years ago

If I hold my hand in front of both flippers if I tap the flipper buttons the coils are weak. Right worse than left. At the middle to end of stroke it finishes strong. Wiring appears correct on both flippers.

#6 5 years ago

Everything looks properly wired. I swapped flipper power supply boards with another game and no change. Should I be looking elsewhere?

#8 5 years ago

Blue with purple on left and blue on right. Measuring 67 volts before flip and 59 on right lug after flip. No voltage on left lug when hold

F8E697DF-E244-4032-A3E7-8B0F25978574 (resized).jpegF8E697DF-E244-4032-A3E7-8B0F25978574 (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#9 5 years ago

I found some coil movement and have since tightened things up and the coil seems to have that lost power back. Good for now I think

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St Charles, IL
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toppers
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball
Led
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 129.00
Cabinet Parts
Bob's Pinball Stuff
Cabinet parts
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider patrickvc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/space-shuttle-flipper-coil-power-wires-reversed?tu=patrickvc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.