5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20181206_195945 (resized).jpg
#1 5 years ago

My Space Shuttle is having an issue with its 4th player display. When plugged in it causes the 3rd player and credit display to have missing segments. When unplugged the remaining displays function as normal. I have swapped ribbon cables, displays and positions on the board. Every other display, cable and board output test fine. The 4th player display is always missing segments causing the others to malfunction as well. My question is can anything be done to fix this issue with the display in question or am I looking at purchasing a new one? I reflowed the pins which did not address the issue. I have repaired bally 6 digit displays but it does not look like anything can be done to fix these. I'm guessing it's a issue with the glass. Thanks in advance.

20181206_195945 (resized).jpg20181206_195945 (resized).jpg
#2 5 years ago

There is a shorted segment on the player 4 display, this can't be fixed without replacing the glass on the circuit board. Big Daddy's has these for sale still.

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

There is a shorted segment on the player 4 display, this can't be fixed without replacing the glass on the circuit board. Big Daddy's has these for sale still.

Ok thank you.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 129.00
Cabinet Parts
Bob's Pinball Stuff

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/space-shuttle-display-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.