(Topic ID: 75438)

Space Shuttle crew members' club - prepare for liftoff!

By E_N_3

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,495 posts
  • 322 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 38 hours ago by Pinkitten
  • Topic is favorited by 150 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1583 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240422_205151828.jpg
IMG_2045 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8570 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1587 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1584 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1586 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9366 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9367 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9370 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9373 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9371 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240402_182055_eBay (resized).jpg
20240401_124145 (resized).jpg
20240401_123937 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #19 Center Ramp Switch Upgrade thread Posted by silver_spinner (10 years ago)

Post #50 Side rail nail removal Posted by toyotaboy (10 years ago)

Post #54 Free Play cards Posted by beatmaster (10 years ago)

Post #391 Backbox Display - Sticker Template Posted by toyotaboy (9 years ago)

Post #2362 DIY Glare Guard Posted by MurphyPeoples (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sohchx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#945 8 years ago

How is it that when this thread started a year ago All of the most important items needed to fully restore a Space Shuttle were readily available, to now where there is next to nothing? I can't find anything that I need, so I guess I am to late??

#946 8 years ago
Quoted from E_N_3:

I gave the chart, as it sounds like he was looking to buy TITAN BANDS, but they disnt have a kit listed for Space Shuttle. I too love PBR, and recomend ordering stuff with him. However, I don't believe PBR carries TITAN BANDS; I could be wrong though.

Only Titan sells Titan. They don't have any re sellers.

#963 8 years ago
Quoted from E_N_3:

What items are you looking for?

Pretty much the same thing as everyone else, a playfield. New ramps would be nice too.

#964 8 years ago
Quoted from bobbyt:

dont feel too bad, i am in the same boat, i showed up a little late also , i want a new playfield but i am not paying some douche on ebay $1600 for it
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sign-up-here-for-new-cpr-space-shuttle-playfield

Ahhhhhh yes. I remember that auction and the thread posted on it. I'm pretty sure there is zero chance that CPR will do another run. Only 128 more people needed for another run!!!! It's so upsetting. I searched for a SS for 6 years and passed on every single one that I came across because of the blown out lower area and no knowledge that CPR was even in existence. Had I known about CPR I wouldn't be in my current situation. After looking for so long I ended up just settling for what I could get because the machines seem to be getting harder to find. Bright side, at least I can still play it.

2 weeks later
#1011 8 years ago

Hey guys. I finally picked up a SS tonight!! The long six year search is finally over. A have questions as I have never seen one of these opened up before. I found a metal grate just hanging out over the two transformers, is that supposed to be there? Also, how about the two brackets that are at the back of the cabinets inside at the top? They just seem like they don't belong, but if they do what the heck are they for?? They have scratched up my plastic and part of my ramp both on the right side which is another reason why I don't think they belong there. To the right of the right bracket you can clearly see the scratches in the photo.

IMG_20151211_224833.jpgIMG_20151211_224833.jpg

IMG_20151211_220705.jpgIMG_20151211_220705.jpg

IMG_20151211_220658.jpgIMG_20151211_220658.jpg

#1013 8 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

yep the metal grill goes right over the 2 Transformers but not touching them, of course. there should be a bracket holding the grill right over them.
the 2 brackets in the back of the playfield belongs there, you are missing the rubbers that goes in each hole, it will hold the playfield in place. the scratches on the plastic are mostly done because of that and the glass trims right on top of it.

Beatmaster!!! I have been following your restore since post #1. Your machine gave me the inspiration to completely restore mine. Thank you for that and the job that you have done so far, I can't even think of a word to describe that machine. I don't think that I could bring myself to play it afterwards. Anyway, the way that the metal grill was mounted is to a bracket on the right side that is attached to the transformer base, on the left side the grill is screwed into the side of the cabinet. Is that correct?? As for the brackets I did actually find one of the rubbers in the bottom of the cabinet. I haven't cleaned it out full yet but maybe I will find the other when I do.

#1014 8 years ago

Can someone please help me out with a photo of how yours is wired?? This thing is all hacked up. Thanks!!

IMG_20151217_213016.jpgIMG_20151217_213016.jpg

2 weeks later
#1029 8 years ago
Quoted from merfeldma:

Would there be any interest among the group for apron and shooter gauge reproductions with durable powdercoated undercoat and silk screened artwork?

I'd be in if its done in red, white, and blue like it should have been originally

2 weeks later
#1036 8 years ago

Has anyone here come up with an exact match as far as paint color on the cabinet?

1 week later
#1041 8 years ago

Nice!! I have a pair of those frames on my Firepower

#1045 8 years ago

Anyone know who this guy is? This video made me mega jealous to see all of those fields when I am in dire need of one.

Edit: Crap never mind. It's CPR when they were in production.

#1049 8 years ago

Does anyone happen to have a rubber ring sheet like the one pictured here that shows rubber placement on the playfield? I want to buy Titan rubbers for my machine, but don't want to buy a standard rubber set just to get this sheet. Thanks!!

rbkt-0213-1_(resized).jpgrbkt-0213-1_(resized).jpg

1 week later
#1053 8 years ago

Edit: problem solved

#1054 8 years ago

My lane change feature does not work. Does anyone have any idea what may cause this? Can it be enabled or disabled via the diagnostics?

#1056 8 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

start by checking your right flipper button double switch if it's dirty or not making contact.

I have already replaced the left and right side with all new switches. I think maybe the EOS switch on the right flipper assembly may be out of adjustment or possibly corroded.

#1059 8 years ago

I got it!!!! For some senseless reason, much like everything else that I've found that the previous owner did to this machine, they bent the EOS switch leaf completely closed and in doing so mangled it. Its a good thing I'm getting all new PBL assemblies. Everything that I am finding on this thing is some sort of hack or pointless adjustment. Now I have another issue that has to do with lighting. My thrusters behind the backglass don't work at all as well as the arrows that read 1000, 2000, 4000 plus, and Extra Ball. You guys have any advice on that issue??

#1063 8 years ago
Quoted from slgerber:

Check column 5 (strobe 5) on your lighting matrix.Check 1J7-6 connector pin, Q27, Q19.

What exactly is q27-q19?

#1065 8 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

also check if you still have the little spring on the bracket/selenoid that hit the bell.

I think you've replied to the wrong post. Halflip has the bell issue

#1072 8 years ago
Quoted from halflip87:

The spring is there and pulls back the lever when the coil de energizes, as it should. Here's a pic of the assembly, it looks like it's all there...
I took some pics and vids of what's going on. The switch appears to be N/C, as the coil doesn't fire when I opened the switch...Hmm...
» YouTube video
» YouTube video
image_(resized).jpg

Bend that bracket back straight also that hits the bell, its bent.

#1073 8 years ago
Quoted from slgerber:

Light driver section of the MPU. Q19 is a 2N6427 Darlington transistor, Q27 is a TIP42 transistor. All the lights you mentioned (plus a few more) are on this column in the light matrix.

Okay, pulled and tested those. 2n6427 is dead, Tip42 reads as 1 on the meter

#1076 8 years ago

Hmmmm interesting. Mine is perfectly straight and functions, very loud and clear. I guess bent or straight it doesn't matter lol

I just noticed something in your pics. Where is your tilt ball and tilt switch?

1 month later
#1110 8 years ago

Anyone here have use for these??

IMG_20160412_223656.jpgIMG_20160412_223656.jpg

1 month later
#1127 7 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

These 2 options are above my current pay grade. I'll have to wait for my buddy to stop over and have him show me. Thanks for the feedback!

You need to study this thread. Easy to make and way cheaper than blowing tons of fuses for no reason.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/making-and-using-a-fuse-breaker

2 weeks later
#1146 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I LOVE that. Can you get any more? I'd like one for my game.

I'd be in for one too!! I like it

3 weeks later
#1155 7 years ago
Quoted from Jaeg:

I could use a set of those. Looks really nice!

Agreed!! I have never liked how small the originals are

#1161 7 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Not to steal 20eyes's thunder (those are some sweet ramp protectors), but I incorporated another NASA meatball mod today.
First: I found this nice keychain. VERY nice, it has some depth, and when the light hits it, the blue shimmers.

Just so happens, it's a PERFECT fit for that middle spot on the coin door. So...
Next: I trimmed the chain portion off:

And, simple as that, a little fun-tac on the the back, and voila!
Here are the BEFORE pictures, with flash then without flash:

AFTER pictures:

More AFTER pictures, close up:

Lucky you, your center plate still has the W on it. Mine is completely worn off and no one has made reproduction, so what you've done is a great idea. Especially in my situation lol

1 week later
#1165 7 years ago

These are up for grabs again if anyone is interested. Produced by classic arcades.

IMG_20160720_214802.jpgIMG_20160720_214802.jpg

1 week later
#1188 7 years ago
Quoted from E_N_3:

How much are you looking to get? I think I can use some of those!

$25 shipped

4 weeks later
#1226 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Bob, how many of the insert decals will come up with the mylar? use cold or heat to lift the mylar?

Definitely freeze it off. You'll have virtually no lifting but you will be left with a ton of adhesive. Get plenty of rubbing alcohol and baking flour!!

#1227 7 years ago
Quoted from dalispictures:

Need some help here...Anyone have any idea why my flickering thruster lights would not work? Cannot seem to find what fuse would be used for just this feature. Cannot find any broken wires as well? Any help would be great!

My thrusters don't blink in attract mode like they should, but they do during play which is odd.

1 week later
#1255 7 years ago

Were you able to choose color? I would love to have this in blue

1 month later
#1282 7 years ago

Well!! I too am in need of a backglass. I completely shattered mine tonight so I now have nothing. It was a beautiful mint repro too. FML

1 month later
#1313 7 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Will be joining the club this evening. Looking forward to digging into the repair and cleanup.

Got any pics yet?

3 weeks later
#1327 7 years ago
Quoted from Outsidedge:

We have just finished (and shipping in a week or so) 100 Space Shuttle backglasses for PPS. They are spot on from the originals. I am guessing in late Jan. they will be available. (please note that we do not retail them... we just make them).

Of course news of this comes after I just spent a boat load of cash on an Ed Cheung translight. Smh

3 months later
#1413 7 years ago

Anyone want these insert decals? Normally $55 shipped from Arcadeshop, I'll let them go for $25 shipped anywhere in the US. These are nice and I've restored two SS's with them so far.

20170406_182512 (resized).jpg20170406_182512 (resized).jpg

IMG_20161027_191138 (resized).jpgIMG_20161027_191138 (resized).jpg

#1417 7 years ago
Quoted from polyacanthus:

I've seen those around, what are they, just a vinyl sticker or mylar material? And are they die cut?

Not sure what the material is, but it's pretty thin and they are die cut

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
Machine - For Sale
Homer Glen, IL
$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sohchx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/space-shuttle-crew-members-club-prepare-for-liftoff?tu=sohchx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.