(Topic ID: 75438)

Space Shuttle crew members' club - prepare for liftoff!

By E_N_3

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,495 posts
  • 322 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Pinkitten
  • Topic is favorited by 150 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1583 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240422_205151828.jpg
IMG_2045 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8570 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1587 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1584 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1586 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9366 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9367 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9370 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9373 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9371 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240402_182055_eBay (resized).jpg
20240401_124145 (resized).jpg
20240401_123937 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #19 Center Ramp Switch Upgrade thread Posted by silver_spinner (10 years ago)

Post #50 Side rail nail removal Posted by toyotaboy (10 years ago)

Post #54 Free Play cards Posted by beatmaster (10 years ago)

Post #391 Backbox Display - Sticker Template Posted by toyotaboy (9 years ago)

Post #2362 DIY Glare Guard Posted by MurphyPeoples (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sheprd.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#70 10 years ago

Did the cabinet repaint last summer, and have the playfield swap in process. Glad there is a lot of interest in this pin out there!

Mac

3 months later
#231 10 years ago

Question for you Space Shuttle owners. The ball used to get stuck on occasion between the spinner and the top USA ball gate passages area... if you hit a weak shot through the spinner. It looked to me like a playfield design error, but it is under the shuttle so I never had a chance to see other cases to see if perhaps something was missing. I just completed a full restoration after working on this a bit at a time for a year. To make a long story short, I forgot about the stuck ball issue until I played a few games, and YIKES!... it does the same thing with the new playfield, and don't think anything is missing.... or perhaps what was missing before is still missing.

If anyone can confirm this issue, and what you have done to fix it, let me know. I could tear it down and put a post of some kind in the area, but I hope someone has a more sane solution. And yes, I have the playfield pitch set properly.

Mac

#233 10 years ago

Thanks Cheddar, I figured out what was happening. Because this area is under the ramps and shuttle, it is hard to get an eyeball on the problem. It looks and works fine with the ramp off. The wire harness that goes up to the shuttle switch has some slack in it. This allowed the wire to dip down and put just enough pressure on the ball to keep it balanced on the rail if you put a soft shot up into that area. Move the wire, problem solved. Hope this helps someone else that may have this happen.

1 year later
#1052 8 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Has anyone here come up with an exact match as far as paint color on the cabinet?

Getting the base color just right on this one is a bitch. Nothing in a paint chip from the big box stores is even close. After getting the right hue of purple in the blue, I ended up mixing in black on-site to get it dark enough. Go a little darker than you might think. Most of the units that you see have faded and are lighter than the original. A plain Navy Blue is not really dark enough.

I wish there was an affordable device for taking a color sample and providing a standard color number that could be used to obtain a perfect match... if such a device or method exists, someone please chime in here .

Mac

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Homer Glen, IL
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sheprd.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/space-shuttle-crew-members-club-prepare-for-liftoff?tu=sheprd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.