(Topic ID: 75438)

Space Shuttle crew members' club - prepare for liftoff!

By E_N_3

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,496 posts
  • 322 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by SkyKing2301
  • Topic is favorited by 150 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240425_084536 (resized).jpg
IMG_1583 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240422_205151828.jpg
IMG_2045 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8570 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1587 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1584 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1586 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9366 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9367 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9370 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9373 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9371 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240402_182055_eBay (resized).jpg
20240401_124145 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #19 Center Ramp Switch Upgrade thread Posted by silver_spinner (10 years ago)

Post #50 Side rail nail removal Posted by toyotaboy (10 years ago)

Post #54 Free Play cards Posted by beatmaster (10 years ago)

Post #391 Backbox Display - Sticker Template Posted by toyotaboy (9 years ago)

Post #2362 DIY Glare Guard Posted by MurphyPeoples (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider murphypeoples.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2284 4 years ago

We just joined the club this past Wednesday, picking up our Space Shuttle from a Pinsider in Atlanta. My daughter loves it, and it has been
her favorite "Pinball Arcade" game on her Kindle for years. Then we got it home and the "reality" of owning the real deal for her sets in.

She CANNOT see the playfield for the darn reflection of the head on the PF glass. (It's not like this on the kindle she says! LOL)
This is really annoying her. I'm looking into Non-Glare PF glass, but wanted to ask others here what they might have done to help minimize this effect. She's tried different heights by standing on stools, etc. Look forward to hearing your ideas! : )
Murph

1 week later
#2295 4 years ago

Can someone tell me where to find this part? I'm missing a couple on my play field.
I call it a "Stand Off". Helps support plastics. I'd like to get metal OEM like the one circled in the pic.
Took the picture by Marco, and they said they didn't have them.

your help would be appreciated.
Murphy

IMG_4153 (resized).jpgIMG_4153 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#2334 4 years ago
Quoted from iamdrunker:

This could be over my ability. Other parts of the playfield I can handle but this one I just don't know. It's even depressed a bit. Any tips? Maybe I should read some of Vid's stuff.[quoted image]

If you plan on keeping it, I'd hard top it.

#2341 4 years ago
Quoted from iamdrunker:

When the capacitor fried in my Firepower's flashers I replaced the bulbs with LED's, I'm doing the same LED's on my Shuttle but it's a bit different than FP. Do I remove any of these components?[quoted image]

Following this. Thanks.

1 week later
#2362 4 years ago
Quoted from KSUWildcatFan:

There's a guy on Facebook that throws an absolute tantrum any time he sees someone put colored bulbs in the GI. I like the blues in mine.
My ONLY gripe is that the shuttle is CRAZY bright and the reflection on the glass sucks. It's not SO bad while playing, but it doesn't photograph worth a damn.[quoted image]

KSU, we had the same problem with the backglass reflecting on the PF and being unable to see the ball. So my wife spent $4.00 and came up with this ingenious contraption. Black core Foam Core, Black 1/4" ribbon, 2 tiny washers, and 2 of those tiny 3M hooks with release backing on top of the head. Works AWESOME! Comes off in seconds and can be reinstalled just as fast.
IMG_4361 (resized).JPGIMG_4361 (resized).JPG

#2377 4 years ago

"Dorky" or not. You don't even notice it when standing in front of it, and for $4.00 does the job perfectly. No Glare. Better than spending $$$ for non-glare glass.

IMG_4364 (resized).JPGIMG_4364 (resized).JPG
#2385 4 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

So how many of you owners previously knew about the hidden SEX Easter egg tied to this game?

Somebody has been listening to TWIP! : )

2 months later
#2664 4 years ago
Quoted from misterhare:

Here's what things looked like today.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Still not ideal. Plus, the inserts I was trying to fix still show the "stretch marks". I'm thinking I should just sand off all this poly on the inserts, do another wet sand pass and live with it. I'd rather have 1-2 uglyish inserts than all these inserts ghosting at some point.
I'll also try to do one more flat sand and spray on the shooter lane, so to give one more go. Then, I'm gonna just get this hard top going so I can do the funner stuff.
For those who cleared/poly'd, how long did you wait to lay down the hard top?

It will turn out fine. Just let the clear cure for a couple of weeks before sanding and laying on the hardtop. Been there - done it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Homer Glen, IL
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider murphypeoples.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/space-shuttle-crew-members-club-prepare-for-liftoff?tu=murphypeoples and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.