(Topic ID: 75438)

Space Shuttle crew members' club - prepare for liftoff!

By E_N_3

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,485 posts
  • 320 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 hours ago by Pinkitten
  • Topic is favorited by 150 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2045 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8570 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1587 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1584 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1586 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9366 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9367 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9370 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9373 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9371 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240402_182055_eBay (resized).jpg
20240401_124145 (resized).jpg
20240401_123937 (resized).jpg
20240401_123913 (resized).jpg
ball gate (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #19 Center Ramp Switch Upgrade thread Posted by silver_spinner (10 years ago)

Post #50 Side rail nail removal Posted by toyotaboy (10 years ago)

Post #54 Free Play cards Posted by beatmaster (10 years ago)

Post #391 Backbox Display - Sticker Template Posted by toyotaboy (9 years ago)

Post #2362 DIY Glare Guard Posted by MurphyPeoples (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TechnicalSteam.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1920 5 years ago

Started Spave Shuttle Hardtop today. Sunday #1

50353B2E-6EF6-4EBA-9EEA-56F34A9900DE (resized).jpeg50353B2E-6EF6-4EBA-9EEA-56F34A9900DE (resized).jpeg
#1921 5 years ago

I am in dire need for a Space Shuttle ramp. My ramp just took a big crap on me. Going to try Starship Fantasy.

This is second time I am running into a ramp issue with game now. I wonder if the cost of 3d printing something this
big has finely come down.

Are there people who could print these on demand? For 100-300 bucks.

#1924 5 years ago

Thanks message sent

1 week later
#1928 5 years ago

Anyone have any ideas what ramp flaps I should install on space shuttle. Are there any that may work.

As replacement ramps are unobtanium ( the repro ones ). I need to figure how to repair the ones that I do have.
Which are not horrible.

#1930 5 years ago
Quoted from ChrisPINk25:

Yes! Haven’t installed them yet, but I think they’ll work great and the width is correct.
Chris -
It is 1-7/8 x 2-1/16
Cale Hernandez
On Wed, Oct 31, 2018 at 9:08 AM <[email protected]> wrote:
Can you tell me the dimensions of this part?
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/535-9444-00

Thanks going to give those a shot.

Clear Coating Space Shuttle. Restored shooter lane and eject holes. Should be all set for hard top soon.

Really disappointed that there are no ramps available for this game. I've contacted everyone I could think of who makes them.

Wonder how many people need this ramp? Wonder how many people would have to have one to make this feasible for
someone to do.

#1932 5 years ago

Fingers crossed I can always remove my repaired ramp and replace it down the road. Going to have to make the best of it like dozens of pinsiders of yesteryear.
Though it seems there was a awesome market a few years ago for repro parts.

#1933 5 years ago

Clear Coat completed and shooter lane looking much better than the roached out before pic. Above.
Installing Hardtop soon.

IMG_1529 (resized).jpegIMG_1529 (resized).jpeg
#1935 5 years ago

Everything lined up nice. My Pop bumper screws are actually underneath the surface. Countersunk them so they are flush with playfield.

Hoping to have this together during holiday weekend and test it. Play a bunch of games and start thinking about cabinet rebuild.

IMG_2175 (resized).jpegIMG_2175 (resized).jpeg

#1938 5 years ago

Here is what the shooter lane looked like before and after. I worked hard to not take away to much. After years of wear and grime that was not easy.

BeforeAfter (resized).jpgBeforeAfter (resized).jpg

#1940 5 years ago

Ran into a bit of an issue. The Yellow wire on the top bank of Space Shuttle white insert lights. The one that spell out S P A C E S H U T T L E .
Well it came loose. Based on the photos I could find and what I believe makes sense I have repaired it.

In the middle of pic you will see the top two inserts connected with yellow wire.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_131f (resized).jpgUNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_131f (resized).jpg
#1942 5 years ago

Thanks it's all sorted out, looks like I got it right. So hard to figure out from the pics I could find on internet

#1943 5 years ago

Slowly making progress on my hardtop. Flipper rebuild and pop bumpers left to do.

Then hoping to work out a fix for my ramp. Why I wait for the ramp gods to vacuum form one. If vacuum forming was a bit more accessible in St.Louis I'd Be on it. Really love to learn how to do it as there doesn't seem to be many who have access or space to hombrew a vacuum forming setup.

844E1729-DCF8-45A5-8733-B563A8518FEC (resized).jpeg844E1729-DCF8-45A5-8733-B563A8518FEC (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#1950 5 years ago

I solved ramp issue by installing flaps but plan on new ramp whe available. Game is playing great now. Took out more of colored GI but like this look now.

8E794702-B61C-4CA9-A9DC-85D426CED688 (resized).jpeg8E794702-B61C-4CA9-A9DC-85D426CED688 (resized).jpegA60B958F-DAD2-4D4D-9BE0-8C7CE6A0D9B8 (resized).jpegA60B958F-DAD2-4D4D-9BE0-8C7CE6A0D9B8 (resized).jpeg
#1952 5 years ago
Quoted from canoncitypb:

Can you add a link to where you bought these parts and perhaps a part number?
thanks,

I picked up the flaps at Marco here is the link:
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/535-9444-00

As you can see in first picture the ramp is missing the plastic used to fix it in place.

First I put the existing hardware under the flap to help fill in some of the space.

Then fitted the flap from Marco on top of the hardware under flap.

Using the Ramp Fasteners I fastened the ramp flaps into place loosely. Marking
the area underneath where I could put a small dab of adhesive. underneath to keep
flap flush with ramp. This was only necessary on the shuttle ramp. The other flap was
pretty flush with ramp. Don't use epoxy or anything you can't remove if you make a mistake.

Alternatively you can drill holes and fasten it using rivets. I avoided this as the ramp is brittle and
I worried it wouldn't survive a couple taps.

IMG_1603 (resized).jpegIMG_1603 (resized).jpegIMG_1604 (resized).jpegIMG_1604 (resized).jpegIMG_1640 (resized).jpegIMG_1640 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#1963 5 years ago

Scream is normal

5 months later
#2121 4 years ago

Still looking for some NOS Space Shuttle Ramps.

Anyone have a decent set. Mine are brittle and scary. I want to rework my Ramp flaps but terrified of riveting mine as
they will probably die a horrible death.

2 years later
#3632 2 years ago

Finished working on my Space Shuttle today. Noticed that my Ball in Play display isn't working.

Any ideas what I should do to go about testing this? To see if it's a board or display that is not working.

The rest of my displays work perfect and I've already tried resetting the displays..

I just swapped out the Ramp and have one that can be salvaged.. It will need metal flaps to work.
Just installed the Starship Fantasy repop.

If anyone has use of my old ramp.. Drop me a email and make a offer + shipping. Can send you a photo

#3635 2 years ago

I just installed my Ramp yesterday. No issues at all.

Remove the plastics on the post.. Move playfield slightly forward. You might have to pinch your Post rubbers behind it.
Took some CAREFUL maneuvering.

1 week later
#3646 2 years ago

I am working out how I might sub or refurb the credit / ball display for Space Shuttle.

I am wondering what games might share the same - Credit / Ball display that Williams Space Shuttle uses? Any ideas? I am trying to preserver the original components or as close to as possible.

Anyone have a working extra Credit Ball Display?

3 months later
#3708 2 years ago

Installed the Orange Xpins on my Space Shuttle this weekend. They work great!

Of course - I fix one thing and something else decided to break. Coin Mech switch next.

Decided to keep my Space Shuttle after pouring hours in it. Going restore cabinet very soon.

#3711 2 years ago

If anyone needs any help setting Space Shuttle to Freeplay.. Let me know and I'll make a video. Took a minute to figure this out today as waiting on new switch for coin mech.

1 week later
#3717 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Where do you get the paint codes for the colors?

What were the colors of the original game ( Anyone have that info )

I like the colors on the machine above.

4 weeks later
#3766 2 years ago

Space Shuttle - troubleshooting - Upper left playfield - U - S - A - rollovers.

The lighting functions when they rollover, but the flashing target doesn't always light up until rolled over.
Or seems dim..

Once target it rolled over the next flashing letter seems dim or off.

It has LEDS in currently. This is the last of the glitches I have to fix right now.

Hope that makes sense. Pretty sure I replaced the diodes. What else should I look for.
Perhaps the diode I used is wrong.. Any ideas? "

I do not have this problem on any of the other matrixes. Everything is bright. Same LEDS throughout
I've replaced the to no effect.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 129.00
Cabinet Parts
Bob's Pinball Stuff

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TechnicalSteam.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/space-shuttle-crew-members-club-prepare-for-liftoff?tu=TechnicalSteam and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.