(Topic ID: 75438)

Space Shuttle crew members' club - prepare for liftoff!

By E_N_3

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3320 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2850 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3290 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5208 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2845 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9371 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9372 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8651 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2046 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_0387 (resized).jpeg
B7C0EFF8-257F-4CA1-AEDA-F9B969806D16 (resized).jpeg
EAE80247-CC9F-41ED-8894-4FA1AE5F2F75 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240626_220630319 (resized).jpg
20240425_084536 (resized).jpg
IMG_1583 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,524 posts in this topic. You are on page 91 of 91.
#4501 53 days ago
Quoted from dgAmpGuy:

Any chance that someone has a left side slingshot plastic with the 2 astronauts on it?
Used is fine, just needs to be intact.
Thanks,
Dave

Yes, I probably have one, maybe even two. I'll have to check. I can put it between a couple of pieces of cardboard inside an envelope and send it down to you. Send me a PM as a reminder and I will look for it over the next couple of days. Keep in mind that I'm in Canada so it may take a bit of time to arrive.

#4502 53 days ago
Quoted from dzorbas:

Yes, I probably have one, maybe even two. I'll have to check. I can put it between a couple of pieces of cardboard inside an envelope and send it down to you. Send me a PM as a reminder and I will look for it over the next couple of days. Keep in mind that I'm in Canada so it may take a bit of time to arrive.

Will do, thanks!

3 weeks later
#4503 25 days ago

In case anyone else is waiting for a space shuttle playfield at CPR, I just got the back in stock email

Now if lightning would strike twice and pinbot’s visor would come back at Marco’s…

And a big shout out to dzorbas for fixing me up with slingshot plastics! Thanks!!

Dave

1 week later
#4504 18 days ago
Quoted from dgAmpGuy:

And a big shout out to dzorbas for fixing me up with slingshot plastics! Thanks!!
Dave

More than happy to help!

#4505 15 days ago

Just got a Space Shuttle on Wednesday. Looks awesome next to PinBot. Plays great once I flattened a raised insert in front of the Shuttle ramp. Only complaint is the backglass glare on the playfield. Wondering if voodoo glass would eliminate this? Also wondering if adding a couple spot lights to the playfield would help brighten the center and maybe mitigate some of the glare. Anyone try doing either to their game and if so did it help?

IMG_20240626_220630319 (resized).jpgIMG_20240626_220630319 (resized).jpg
#4506 15 days ago
Quoted from alexorear:

Just got a Space Shuttle on Wednesday. Looks awesome next to PinBot. Plays great once I flattened a raised insert in front of the Shuttle ramp. Only complaint is the backglass glare on the playfield. Wondering if voodoo glass would eliminate this? Also wondering if adding a couple spot lights to the playfield would help brighten the center and maybe mitigate some of the glare. Anyone try doing either to their game and if so did it help?
[quoted image]

I put one on each sling pointed at the middle and the ramp target, helped a ton. Might try 2 more aimed right at the hotdog inserts, but really not necessary. Hard to get good photos with LEDs.
I have Ivan’s I-glass as well and it definitely helps with the glare, although I didn’t find it bad with standard glass.

B7C0EFF8-257F-4CA1-AEDA-F9B969806D16 (resized).jpegB7C0EFF8-257F-4CA1-AEDA-F9B969806D16 (resized).jpegEAE80247-CC9F-41ED-8894-4FA1AE5F2F75 (resized).jpegEAE80247-CC9F-41ED-8894-4FA1AE5F2F75 (resized).jpeg
#4507 15 days ago
Quoted from alexorear:

[quoted image]

I use cheap dim single leds in the back box for this reason. I have a few sockets empty as well. Helps a lot with glare. If you wanted to go crazy you could use OCD LED GI board to control brightness. I use one for playfield lamps and it looks fantastic with the slow fade.

#4508 15 days ago
Quoted from alexorear:

[quoted image]

Did you post on Reddit about your Shuttle? I think I saw your post and commented. Congrats! Space Shuttle will always be my favorite. Love it.

#4509 13 days ago
Quoted from interconnect:

Did you post on Reddit about your Shuttle? I think I saw your post and commented. Congrats! Space Shuttle will always be my favorite. Love it.

I did post on Reddit about it. Space Shuttle was one of the first games I really played as a kid along with Bride of PinBot and DE Jurassic Park. Very happy to have one in the collection. Machine is all original. Cabinet and backglass both look really good, playfield is a bit beat up but no major wear spots. Thinking about getting a replacement from CPR while they are currently available.

#4510 13 days ago
Quoted from alexorear:

I did post on Reddit about it. Space Shuttle was one of the first games I really played as a kid along with Bride of PinBot and DE Jurassic Park. Very happy to have one in the collection. Machine is all original. Cabinet and backglass both look really good, playfield is a bit beat up but no major wear spots. Thinking about getting a replacement from CPR while they are currently available.

CPR is a good move. Even without wear the colors have browned. You won't regret it.

IMG_0387 (resized).jpegIMG_0387 (resized).jpeg
#4511 13 days ago
Quoted from pindel:

CPR is a good move. Even without wear the colors have browned. You won't regret it.
[quoted image]

My playfield has definitely browned/yellowed some. How's the finish on CPR playfields, are they thick and glossy like a modern playfield? Or closer to the original?

#4512 13 days ago
Quoted from alexorear:

My playfield has definitely browned/yellowed some. How's the finish on CPR playfields, are they thick and glossy like a modern playfield? Or closer to the original?

This one has been redone by Ron but they should be glossy regardless.

IMG_2046 (resized).jpegIMG_2046 (resized).jpeg
#4513 13 days ago

I would think the clear on CPR PF would last a lifetime with HUO.

#4514 13 days ago
Quoted from alexorear:

Awesome. I actually just got a CPR playfield for Shuttle. Going to be installed this fall probably. So excited!

IMG_8651 (resized).jpegIMG_8651 (resized).jpeg
#4515 12 days ago
Quoted from alexorear:

[quoted image]

I put a double on each sling pointed at the center and it works well.

#4516 12 days ago
Quoted from pindel:

I would think the clear on CPR PF would last a lifetime with HUO.

Agree. I just added a new CPR playfield 6 months ago and I’m thrilled with it. Very glossy and well clearcoated. The only spot I noticed dimpling is where the ball lands coming off the ramp. I added a circle of Mylar there to help minimize that. But that’s to be expected with the ball dropping repeatedly onto the pf.

Awesome. I actually just got a CPR playfield for Shuttle. Going to be installed this fall probably. So excited![quoted image]

Looks fantastic! Exactly what I added, a new cpr playfield and new set of plastics. I also ordered a set of custom glossy, painted wood rails too, which I highly recommend. Very fair price too, maybe $75, and you pick the color and finish, made to order. I can forward his contact info if you would like.

IMG_2845 (resized).jpegIMG_2845 (resized).jpegIMG_9371 (resized).jpegIMG_9371 (resized).jpegIMG_9372 (resized).jpegIMG_9372 (resized).jpeg
#4517 12 days ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Agree. I just added a new CPR playfield 6 months ago and I’m thrilled with it. Very glossy and well clearcoated. The only spot I noticed dimpling is where the ball lands coming off the ramp. I added a circle of Mylar there to help minimize that. But that’s to be expected with the ball dropping repeatedly onto the pf.

Looks fantastic! Exactly what I added, a new cpr playfield and new set of plastics. I also ordered a set of custom glossy, painted wood rails too, which I highly recommend. Very fair price too, maybe $75, and you pick the color and finish, made to order. I can forward his contact info if you would like.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Yes, please send me a PM about that. I’ve been meaning to ask you for his contact info as I know we’ve talked about that before. I’m at that point to order rails, rubbers, posts, pop bumper stuff, etc. Thanks!

#4518 11 days ago

Yes, please send me a PM about that. I’ve been meaning to ask you for his contact info as I know we’ve talked about that before. I’m at that point to order rails, rubbers, posts, pop bumper stuff, etc. Thanks!

PM sent

#4519 11 days ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow! Looks incredible! Send me the contact for the rails too if you don't mind. Where'd you get that awesome center ramp drop decal?

#4520 11 days ago

I replaced my apron with another original in decent condition, only the center Williams logo was scuffed. My wife is pretty clever with graphic design and decals, so she made a replica Williams logo decal for my apron. Looks like this, before and after…

She’s working on apron cards now.

IMG_3290 (resized).jpegIMG_3290 (resized).jpegIMG_5208 (resized).jpegIMG_5208 (resized).jpeg
#4521 11 days ago
Quoted from alexorear:

Wow! Looks incredible! Send me the contact for the rails too if you don't mind. Where'd you get that awesome center ramp drop decal?

PM sent. The center decal is from Space Station, I believe. I liked that one for the center drop. I also used the 3 satellite decals for the 3-bank. Looks like this…

IMG_2850 (resized).jpegIMG_2850 (resized).jpeg
#4522 11 days ago

The space shuttle is a great theme to restore. Awesome iconic American red, white, & blue. Space Shuttle toy with many add-on's available. Affordable donors and not to difficult PF swap. Cool 3-ball multi-ball. Everyone should have one in their collection.

IMG_0529 (resized).jpegIMG_0529 (resized).jpeg
#4523 10 days ago

My wife created some alternate target decals to change it up. These and a couple other options.

IMG_3320 (resized).jpegIMG_3320 (resized).jpeg
#4524 6 days ago
Quoted from BrewersArcade:

Reflowed solder on the outhole switch wires but still no dice. Clicks pretty cleanly. Wondering if it could be a coil issue too but thinking not.

Just sending a long due update. Not sure if anyone knows Jeff Martin from WV but he came by to troubleshoot my SS for me. Turns out when I resoldered the wires after my flipper rebuild, one connection wasn't done well and that wire was also looped into the end of ball switch under the apron. After tracing wires we reflowed solder onto the flipper lugs and I'm back in business. This machine has been down for two years so I'm so happy to have it back in action!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 25.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Austin, TX
There are 4,524 posts in this topic. You are on page 91 of 91.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.