(Topic ID: 75438)

Space Shuttle crew members' club - prepare for liftoff!

By E_N_3

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,485 posts
  • 320 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 37 hours ago by Pinkitten
  • Topic is favorited by 150 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2045 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8570 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1587 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1584 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1586 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9366 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9367 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9370 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9373 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9371 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240402_182055_eBay (resized).jpg
20240401_124145 (resized).jpg
20240401_123937 (resized).jpg
20240401_123913 (resized).jpg
ball gate (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,485 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 90.
#1751 6 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

I'm repeatedly having issues where, if the ball goes up the ramp, but not all the way (so it rolls back down), the ball then gets hung up on the wireform under the shuttle. I've adjusted the shuttle position this way and that but it seems to continue happening. Anyone else run into this? If so, how did you resolve?

I had a similar issue when I replaced my shuttle, make sure the switch's bent arm doesn't go over the other side of the wire form that triggers it. My switch arm was a little straight allowing it to slip out from the wire form and then the wire form would catch the ball.

#1752 6 years ago

Yeah - you really need to manually operate the switch (maybe with a ball) and determine why the wireform is getting stuck. The wireform should swing freely in both directions.

#1753 6 years ago

Yes. The bracket over rotated and then goes past the inflection point on the cherry switch spring. I swapped the spring for a new crisp one (see dimensions). Trial and error to get a smooth return for half ramp shots.

Quoted from SkyKing2301:

I'm repeatedly having issues where, if the ball goes up the ramp, but not all the way (so it rolls back down), the ball then gets hung up on the wireform under the shuttle. I've adjusted the shuttle position this way and that but it seems to continue happening. Anyone else run into this? If so, how did you resolve?

41C1D25E-0BBA-40C5-B4BC-A5F8A716FCDC (resized).jpeg41C1D25E-0BBA-40C5-B4BC-A5F8A716FCDC (resized).jpeg

#1754 6 years ago

Ok thanks. I'll do some tinkering as soon as I have a chance. I have a party/tournament coming up in a few weeks, so I'd like to have it fixed before then!

#1755 6 years ago

Sorry. Wrong pic. Dimensions here. Right angle bend needed to prevent the gate from rotating past and going under the switch on ball entry going up the ramp.

559FC2CC-4E58-46C8-AD6A-0882E28E2BCA (resized).jpeg559FC2CC-4E58-46C8-AD6A-0882E28E2BCA (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#1756 6 years ago

Just joined the club. Playfield is not great, so I have some work ahead of me. I'll post pictures when i get a chance.

#1757 6 years ago
Quoted from canoncitypb:

Just joined the club. Playfield is not great, so I have some work ahead of me. I'll post pictures when i get a chance.

Welcome to the club.

#1758 6 years ago

I joined a few days ago with a very rough example but it was free

Its missing the backglass, totally worn playfield but only one broken plastic, and decent cabinet except for one corner splitting. The boards are pretty clean especially the MPU so that was awesome. Im just thankful they make a hardtop for this game! The plan is to play the hell out of it after I get the boards back from my tech friend and adress the cosmetic stuff later.

20180324_135208 (resized).jpg20180324_135208 (resized).jpg

#1759 6 years ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

rough example

That game apparently was loved by many! Free is always good, and with the hard top option, this game can be saved from the dump! My back glass was shot, but Marco has them thankfully as well as the shuttle again!

#1760 6 years ago
Quoted from SeaOttre:

Sorry. Wrong pic. Dimensions here. Right angle bend needed to prevent the gate from rotating past and going under the switch on ball entry going up the ramp.

Thanks for the help. I looked a little closer at mine, and determined what was happening: sometimes, the wireform would swing/bounce back (after ball plowed through it) fast enough, that it would flip all the way around and land on TOP of the switch. Then, if the ball rolled back down, the wireform couldn't rotate in that direction to allow the ball to pass through.

I went low-tech on a solution ... I simply taped a piece of paper plate under there, positioned such that it stops the wireform from swinging up and over on the rebound.

20180330_173811 (resized).jpg20180330_173811 (resized).jpg

20180330_173815 (resized).jpg20180330_173815 (resized).jpg

#1761 6 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

I went low-tech on a solution

Nice simple solution!

#1762 6 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Thanks for the help. I looked a little closer at mine, and determined what was happening: sometimes, the wireform would swing/bounce back (after ball plowed through it) fast enough, that it would flip all the way around and land on TOP of the switch. Then, if the ball rolled back down, the wireform couldn't rotate in that direction to allow the ball to pass through.
I went low-tech on a solution ... I simply taped a piece of paper plate under there, positioned such that it stops the wireform from swinging up and over on the rebound.

Just saw this now; I had the same exact problem. I wedged a piece of foam up there and it works great! I've owned this game 2+ years and still love it!

-Doug

#1763 6 years ago

Intermittent low sound volume level...

Hi, new SS owner as of this Christmas. My SS sound mostly starts "normal" (loud, nice volume level), but after some game play, and usually triggered by the bell sounding, drops to a low volume level. Sometimes it comes back to the normal level when the bell sounds again. Once, a static shock jumped from my hand to the shooter knob and restored the sound level. The problem has been steadily getting worse, with more time at the low volume level than the normal level, even after a cold power-up. The speech sound and other sound effects seem otherwise complete and normal. My electronics does not have a sound pot next to the sound test push button. The system hums a little, and is modulated a little by the lights during "attract mode", but does not seem excessive, but the game is not completely silent either. Any ideas or pointers appreciated (EE degrees, not afraid of schematics)! Thanks!

Play tip in case you don't know: if you have locked balls when your last ball drains, press the credit button right after your final score is tallied. Balls stay locked, and new game starts! Sort of like today's video game "insert another token to continue".

Added over 6 years ago:

Update: Silly me. I found the volume control inside, and after cycling it a bit, the problem is gone.

#1764 6 years ago

Hi All,

Joined the club a couple of months back. The machine was sold as going but seems to have many problems so I decided to turn it into a project. Here is a list of the problems (so far):

- One flipper was quite weak
- Stand up target faces were broken
- Drop target and spinner faces were badly faded and peeling
- Sound volume was very low
- Many lights not working - not sure if this is a globe or matrix problem yet
- Cabinet was shagged and quite battered about
- Cabinet floor had a hole that had been badly patched up
- Playfield was in pretty bad shape with fading and planking
- Battery on MPU board was corroded

I have done the following so far (getting close to the finish line)

- Relocated the batteries from the MPU to a battery holder and cleaned the corrosion from the MPU board.

- Tried to clean the playfield with no success - it was just so badly marked that the only option was to try and remove the mylar. This turned into a bit of a disaster so I went for the easy option and ordered a hardtop.

- Prep'ed the playfield by sanding back and tried several combinations to try and get the inserts looking great but ended up sanding, then clear coating and buffing. Sanded and clear coated the ball lane. The hardtop installation was a breeze and I couldn't be happier with the end result.

- Repaired the cabinet bottom by patching and filling the hole and painted it

- Sanded and repaired the cabinet, undercoated with a high-fill primer and painted with acrylic gloss royal blue. Order a set of stencils from Pinball Pimp - again I can highly recommend this product as the stencils were pretty easy to use for a novice like me with no major issues. Painted the two other colors (Red and White)

- Installed a flipper rebuild kit and also replaced most of the top side components for the pop bumpers

- Added a few custom mods that I had seen on this site such as the Space Shuttle engine LED mod and Lock hole lighting.

- Installed new stand up target faces, spinner decal and drop target decals.

- Installed new plastics and Rubbers. Replaced all lamps with LED's. Replaced Space Shuttle. New flipper buttons and flipper switches.

- All metal polished and legs powder coated. New leg bolts and levelers

- Cleaned power supply and cabinet inside. All wires enclosed in cable conduit.

This was the first pinball restore project I have done however I have done a few car resto projects which helped with this.

Here are a few photos:

Before:

20180211_215553 (resized).jpg20180211_215553 (resized).jpg

DSC_0213 (resized).jpgDSC_0213 (resized).jpg

20180212_211021 1 (resized).jpg20180212_211021 1 (resized).jpg

After:

20180321_182915 (resized).jpg20180321_182915 (resized).jpg

20180402_180412 (resized).jpg20180402_180412 (resized).jpg

20180402_180448 (resized).jpg20180402_180448 (resized).jpg

20180402_180625 (resized).jpg20180402_180625 (resized).jpg

20180402_180104 (resized).jpg20180402_180104 (resized).jpg

I will post some more photos and an update once its all back together and working.

Huston - We have Liftoff !!!

#1765 6 years ago
Quoted from Tim-MnM:

Intermittent low sound volume level...
Hi, new SS owner as of this Christmas. My SS sound mostly starts "normal" (loud, nice volume level), but after some game play, and usually triggered by the bell sounding, drops to a low volume level. Sometimes it comes back to the normal level when the bell sounds again. Once, a static shock jumped from my hand to the shooter knob and restored the sound level. The problem has been steadily getting worse, with more time at the low volume level than the normal level, even after a cold power-up. The speech sound and other sound effects seem otherwise complete and normal. My electronics does not have a sound pot next to the sound test push button. The system hums a little, and is modulated a little by the lights during "attract mode", but does not seem excessive, but the game is not completely silent either. Any ideas or pointers appreciated (EE degrees, not afraid of schematics)! Thanks!
Play tip in case you don't know: if you have locked balls when your last ball drains, press the credit button right after your final score is tallied. Balls stay locked, and new game starts! Sort of like today's video game "insert another token to continue".

My SS had its cord replaced with a two prong cord causing the whole thing to not be grounded, not sure if that is the case for you, but start there. Check to make sure all the screws are in place on the boards.

I had some speech issues and had to replace the speech board. I think it is a bad pot, but I haven't messed with it since replacing the board.

#1766 6 years ago
Quoted from abendix:

Hi All,
Joined the club a couple of months back. The machine was sold as going but seems to have many problems so I decided to turn it into a project. Here is a list of the problems (so far):
- Relocated the batteries from the MPU to a battery holder and cleaned the corrosion from the MPU board.
- Tried to clean the playfield with no success - it was just so badly marked that the only option was to try and remove the mylar. This turned into a bit of a disaster so I went for the easy option and ordered a hardtop.
- Prep'ed the playfield by sanding back and tried several combinations to try and get the inserts looking great but ended up sanding, then clear coating and buffing. Sanded and clear coated the ball lane. The hardtop installation was a breeze and I couldn't be happier with the end result.
- Sanded and repaired the cabinet, undercoated with a high-fill primer and painted with acrylic gloss royal blue. Order a set of stencils from Pinball Pimp - again I can highly recommend this product as the stencils were pretty easy to use for a novice like me with no major issues. Painted the two other colors (Red and White)
- Installed a flipper rebuild kit and also replaced most of the top side components for the pop bumpers
- Added a few custom mods that I had seen on this site such as the Space Shuttle engine LED mod and Lock hole lighting.
- Installed new plastics and Rubbers. Replaced all lamps with LED's. Replaced Space Shuttle. New flipper buttons and flipper switches.
This was the first pinball restore project I have done however I have done a few car resto projects which helped with this.
Here are a few photos:
Before:

After:

I will post some more photos and an update once its all back together and working.

Nice job. That was a lot of work.

#1767 6 years ago
Quoted from abendix:

Hi All,
Here are a few photos:
Before:

After:

Way to go! Looking good. I appreciate how much time and moolah you've put into this. Feels good to see it starting to really come together doesn't it?

#1768 6 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

Way to go! Looking good. I appreciate how much time and moolah you've put into this. Feels good to see it starting to really come together doesn't it?

Yes - I enjoy the process of bringing something tired back to life. I only did this because I wanted a nice Space Shuttle machine - how much I spent wasn't as important as the final result - I know i'm stupid like that....

#1769 6 years ago
Quoted from abendix:

I know i'm stupid like that....

Hey we're ALL stupid when it comes to games we want to look and play their best, so your not alone. I just spent a lot of money just to chrome out my Jackbot.

#1770 6 years ago
Quoted from abendix:

Yes - I enjoy the process of bringing something tired back to life. I only did this because I wanted a nice Space Shuttle machine - how much I spent wasn't as important as the final result - I know i'm stupid like that....

I don't think it's stupid at all. I admire what you've done. I also pour lots of time, money and energy into resorting games, especially games they I am particularly drawn to.

#1771 6 years ago

So back when I joined Pinside over 3 years ago because I just acquired a project Space Shuttle as my first pin, and then discovered the hidden scaffolding artwork under the pop bumpers, I asked why clear skirts didn't exist.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/clear-pop-bumper-skirts-why-not

Well... they do now! And boy, IMHO is this an absolute no-brainer upgrade for the game. I wouldn't even call it a "mod" since the art was there from the factory... but with clear skirts, the nest and the scaffolding above really does seem to float in space:

SSPopFloat5 (resized).jpgSSPopFloat5 (resized).jpg

SSPopFloat3 (resized).jpgSSPopFloat3 (resized).jpg

SSPopFloat1 (resized).jpgSSPopFloat1 (resized).jpg

SSPopFloat2 (resized).jpgSSPopFloat2 (resized).jpg

Funny thing, they even have a magnifying effect which changes due to the tapered thickness... can give some weird effects if you stare too hard as the skirt moves, ha ha... but you don't notice that during normal play.

They're at Marco:

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-6035-13

#1772 6 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

So back when I joined Pinside over 3 years ago because I just acquired a project Space Shuttle as my first pin, and then discovered the hidden scaffolding artwork under the pop bumpers, I asked why clear skirts didn't exist.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/clear-pop-bumper-skirts-why-not
Well... they do now! And boy, IMHO is this an absolute no-brainer upgrade for the game. I wouldn't even call it a "mod" since the art was there from the factory... but with clear skirts, the nest and the scaffolding above really does seem to float in space:

Funny thing, they even have a magnifying effect which changes due to the tapered thickness... can give some weird effects if you stare too hard as the skirt moves, ha ha... but you don't notice that during normal play.
They're at Marco:
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-6035-13

Now that's cool, my Jackbot is the same way, I wish I would have known about these a month ago when I rebuilt my pops. You should have gone with the clear bodies too. Zitt sells them.

#1773 6 years ago

My red flipper rubbers were getting worn down at the tips, so tonight I replaced the with black silicone ones -- to make em look like little shuttles! Looks meant to be.

20180406_233901 (resized).jpg20180406_233901 (resized).jpg

#1774 6 years ago

i knew about the pop bumper body when i did my restoration installed them a while ago, too bad there wasn't clear skirt at the time because it's pretty damn cool.

#1775 6 years ago

The problem I saw with doing both a clear body and skirt, is it would reveal the unpainted wood areas around the bores, as well as the screws and wiring. Those are still hidden by a solid skirt even if the body is clear and vice versa.

You could paint the bare wood, and maybe the screws and such would look cool too in this instance... I suppose you might not even see them ordinarily. But I wasn't fully sold on the concept.

Plus here, the narrower-appearing body does link the base pf scaffolding art to the plastic structure above, so it still looks OK to me.

But next Marco order I'll probably get a few clear bodies. I'm getting better at pop rebuilds now... I did 10 in only 3 hours this time

#1776 6 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

But next Marco order I'll probably get a few clear bodies.

I just checked and Marco doesn't have the clear bodies but Zit does.

#1777 6 years ago

does anyone know where to find a red hot dog insert? mine is cracked.

DSCN0211 (resized).JPGDSCN0211 (resized).JPG

#1778 6 years ago
Quoted from canoncitypb:

does anyone know where to find a red hot dog insert? mine is cracked.

I've never seen them available.

#1779 6 years ago

I’m not a member but I just played this game like 14 times at Madcap in Kent and I don’t know what it is, but there is something so satisfying about ripping that center spinner several times in one ball. I love this game.

#1780 6 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

I’m not a member but I just played this game like 14 times at Madcap in Kent and I don’t know what it is, but there is something so satisfying about ripping that center spinner several times in one ball. I love this game.

It's a simple fun game. I've had a ball stay in the pops for over 15 seconds a couple of times, that's always a kick.

#1781 6 years ago

Working on restoring my Space Shuttle. Nothing crazy, just making it look better. I started a thread to record the progress.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-space-shuttle-restoration#post-4328351

DSCN0208 (resized).JPGDSCN0208 (resized).JPG

3 weeks later
#1782 5 years ago

Do high scores count if you are Ready Player 2 in a two person game and you have 1 more chance to steal locked balls? My son says P2 has to drain any locked balls on the third ball to make it fair.

And, really, his isn’t a real question... I take my wins however they come.

1 month later
#1783 5 years ago

I'd like to say hello from Germany! (My first post here...)

I picked up a dead Space Shuttle about a week ago and I'm currently working on getting it back to life.
It is in a reasonable shape...the cabinet colors must have seen lots of sunlight...
The playfield is more or less ok, but not too good...

So far I got the board booting up... had to resolder some stuff and replace some caps...
Did the mosfet-mod to the high-side of the lamp matrix, eliminating the heat....
Die Lamp Matrix is fully working...all Lamps (including GI) are LED now...
Yesterday I got my new LED replacement Displays up and running. The old glass displays were dead somehow...
So right now I can finally enter the diagnostics/test menu

Still not working is :

- the complete sound section... no sounds at all, but the well known hum and some distant faint sound when you press sw2....

- And there must be a short on one of the soleoid... causing the fuse to blow...

- there must be a broken trace around U14/15 that sometimes locks up the board...all lights freeze...and a slight knock on the chips will bring it back to life...

Any hints are very apreciated

#1784 5 years ago
Quoted from OlliG:

I'd like to say hello from Germany! (My first post here...)
I picked up a dead Space Shuttle about a week ago and I'm currently working on getting it back to life.
It is in a reasonable shape...the cabinet colors must have seen lots of sunlight...
The playfield is more or less ok, but not too good...
So far I got the board booting up... had to resolder some stuff and replace some caps...
Did the mosfet-mod to the high-side of the lamp matrix, eliminating the heat....
Die Lamp Matrix is fully working...all Lamps (including GI) are LED now...
Yesterday I got my new LED replacement Displays up and running. The old glass displays were dead somehow...
So right now I can finally enter the diagnostics/test menu
Still not working is :
- the complete sound section... no sounds at all, but the well known hum and some distant faint sound when you press sw2....
- And there must be a short on one of the soleoid... causing the fuse to blow...
- there must be a broken trace around U14/15 that sometimes locks up the board...all lights freeze...and a slight knock on the chips will bring it back to life...
Any hints are very apreciated

Welcome to Pinside and the club. Wish I could help but I know nothing about your problems, they are way over my head.

#1785 5 years ago
Quoted from OlliG:

.and a slight knock on the chips will bring it back to life...

You probably need the chip sockets replaced.

Have someone experienced do this, as there are not many sys9 boards out there.

Quoted from OlliG:

Coil could be shorted, or the diode on the coil may be defective.

Check both with your meter.

#1786 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

You probably need the chip sockets replaced.
Have someone experienced do this, as there are not many sys9 boards out there.

Thanks a lot for your advice!

The mpu must have been in repair in 2013. There is a label from the german flipperwerk.de guys on it... a lot of traces are repaired around U14 und U15 as they were completeley gone!
I think some of these are cold now again and I will have to resolder them...

I have a desoldering station, a scope and some experience... so I hope I can do this on my own.
If not, the flipperwerk guys have to jump in again

Today my son (11y) and I were able to play the machine for the first time... with no sound...and no lockups!

Very cool !! .... (and a little bit proud to have it back from the dead )

#1787 5 years ago

A few impressions.... playfield... new LED displays from PinLED.de (at this stage without the filter-shades installed)

By the way I got very competent help from PinLED-People ... within 5 Minutes... via WhatsaAPP at 10pm (!!!)
(on the picture you see only 5 of 7 digits....that was a misconfiguration of the dipswitches on the display driver board)

I'm very happy with the new displays... though I don't know how the original displays looked like, as they never worked on my machine...

Bumper caps are the wrong once.... waiting for the originals to arrive...
Mising is this triangular plastic above the 3 pop bumpers...
I saw it on ebay... but shipping from USA to Germany is way too expensive... plus customs duty ...

Anyone knows a resource in Germany or the EU, where I can get the plastic part?
Or somebody has a spare part?

IMG_20180610_130415943 (resized).jpgIMG_20180610_130415943 (resized).jpgIMG_20180612_212319408.jpgIMG_20180612_212319408.jpgIMG_20180613_184920737 (resized).jpgIMG_20180613_184920737 (resized).jpg

#1788 5 years ago

Your pop bumper might not be the originals but they look good!

#1789 5 years ago

As my cabinet is bleached out very much... the red is light pink now....

I was thinking to redo the complete cabinet, repainting it and re-designing the outside with big custom decals ...
...maybe using a nice Spaceshuttle photo with added "SPACE SHUTTLE" Text and Williams Logo....
...but the cabinet would look completly different...

What are your opinions? ... is it a sin/sacrilege destroying the original artwork....?
Or could this be "cool"?

Here are a few rough ideas I have.... not the final decal... just for checking out how it might look like!

2018-06-14 10_44_29-Jasc Paint Shop Pro - astronaut-3685x3685-earth-gravity-planets-4k-11402.pspimag (resized).png2018-06-14 10_44_29-Jasc Paint Shop Pro - astronaut-3685x3685-earth-gravity-planets-4k-11402.pspimag (resized).png

2018-06-14 10_57_12-Jasc Paint Shop Pro - Bild1.pspimage (resized).png2018-06-14 10_57_12-Jasc Paint Shop Pro - Bild1.pspimage (resized).png

2018-06-14 10_59_27-Jasc Paint Shop Pro - Bild1.pspimage (resized).png2018-06-14 10_59_27-Jasc Paint Shop Pro - Bild1.pspimage (resized).png
#1790 5 years ago
Quoted from OlliG:

What are your opinions? ... is it a sin/sacrilege destroying the original artwork....?
Or could this be "cool"?

It's about as cool as the Shuttle re-entering with a few tiles missing.

#1791 5 years ago

I made some progress with my sound problem ... general sound is back
... but now... it is a speech problem!

This thread helped me a lot: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-system-67-sound-board-extremely-low-volume#post-4450461
I've posted there, what I have done!

But now... if I bridge w10 to cut of the speech board, I have a super loud sound from the mainboard, even if I turn the volume knob down! (...what's ok for me)

BUT .... if I reconnect the speech board, the sound is only moderate loud, even if I turn the volume up to the max.
And no speech is mixed in!
The mixer-pot on the speechboard is working, as it reduces the remaining volume....

So I think the op-amps on the speech board are somehow defective....

I did not find the schematics of the speechboard in my downloaded space shuttle manual?! .... Is there another more complete manual out there?
Or some pdf focussing on the speechboard? I did not find something like this so far?!

#1792 5 years ago
Quoted from OlliG:

Here are a few rough ideas I have

I think they look great! Changing a pinball is like changing a classic car. Some like the pure original, others like total custom. To me, anything you do to a game to enhance it is alright with me such as getting an alternate translite or putting LEDs in your pins. Those added graphics to the cabinet would give it a WOW factor for sure, as long as it isn't hidden amongst a pinball lineup and you never get to enjoy your work.

#1793 5 years ago
Quoted from OlliG:

As my cabinet is bleached out very much... the red is light pink now....
I was thinking to redo the complete cabinet, repainting it and re-designing the outside with big custom decals ...
...maybe using a nice Spaceshuttle photo with added "SPACE SHUTTLE" Text and Williams Logo....
...but the cabinet would look completly different...
Or could this be "cool"?
Here are a few rough ideas I have.... not the final decal... just for checking out how it might look like!

Hey - it's your game. Make it look however you like! I especially like your head graphic.

#1794 5 years ago

Quick question...

Let's say there existed a unicorn mint space shuttle. What would it's current value be?

#1795 5 years ago
Quoted from Mikedenton49:

Quick question...
Let's say there existed a unicorn mint space shuttle. What would it's current value be?

Original or redone?

#1796 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Original or redone?

i'd be curious as well, how much my restoration is worth.

#1797 5 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

i'd be curious as well, how much my restoration is worth.

Oh man Bob, I'd put yours at 5k plus.

#1798 5 years ago

Are we talking the entire machine? Or just the plastic toy?

What’s a beat up plastic shuttle toy worth? I have one if anyone is looking

#1799 5 years ago

Someday I will join this club, it's my dream wish list title. They had a really nice example at Allentown that I played at least 50 times.
One came up for sale recently here at a good price and I think I was about 10 seconds slow on the call. Next time! Until then....10...9...8......

#1800 5 years ago

Progress Update with my repair....
I have Sound AND Speech now !!! Yehaaa!!!

The problem was with the speech board. Pin 4 on the Op.Amps MC1458 did not get the -12V. The holes in the board of these chips are not connected through (from top to back side of the board. so if you solder the chip or socket from below.... the -12V arriving at the top side of the board are not reaching the pin...
So I had to solder the socket pin from above to...

Result: Loud and nice speech

To find this out drove me crasy... I never imagined that the upper and lower side of the board were not connected through!!!
Maybe my board is a faulty one... it is one of the old boards that dont have the jumper for the different Eprom types....

Last remaining problem is the socket of U14 that has to be redone.... I still sometimes have the freezes and the game would shut down...
If I slightly press on U14 it comes up again!...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 129.00
Cabinet Parts
Bob's Pinball Stuff

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Boise, ID
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 4,485 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 90.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/space-shuttle-crew-members-club-prepare-for-liftoff/page/36?hl=abendix and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.