(Topic ID: 75438)

Space Shuttle crew members' club - prepare for liftoff!

By E_N_3

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,473 posts
  • 319 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 36 hours ago by gutz
  • Topic is favorited by 149 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ball gate (resized).jpg
IMG_6608 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6612 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6615 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6618 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6616 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6617 (resized).jpeg
rails_paint (resized).jpg
rails (resized).jpg
p1020715 (resized).jpg
20240224_151150 (resized).jpg
20240224_151259 (resized).jpg
20240224_151254 (resized).jpg
20240224_151230 (resized).jpg
20240224_151220 (resized).jpg
20240224_151201 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,473 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 90.
#1601 6 years ago

Does the rollover work from both flippers or just the right flipper? I just joined the club a 2nd time and the new machine only works from the right flipper but it seemed like the last time I had one, it worked from both flippers.

#1602 6 years ago

Just the right flipper

#1603 6 years ago

So... the astronaut autograph tally just jumped from 11 to 18... just acquired:

Scott Altman - STS-90, 106, 109, 125
Tom Akers - STS-41, 49, 61, 79
Curt Brown - STS-47, 66, 77, 85, 95, 103
Jim Wetherbee - STS-32, 52, 63, 86, 102, 113
Brian Duffy - STS-45, 57, 72, 92
Hoot Gibson - STS-41B, 61C, 27, 47, 71
Mike McCulley - STS-34

20171104_135233 (resized).jpg20171104_135233 (resized).jpg

#1604 6 years ago

Make that 19. Also just got Nicole Stott, STS-122, 129, 133.

20171104_163151 (resized).jpg20171104_163151 (resized).jpg

Thank goodness I filled that piece (the big one under the shuttle toy); I don't ever want to take that piece out again!

#1605 6 years ago

I just joined the club again. When turn the game on a can hear a very low slight click from the door. After opening up the door this is the piece that makes a slight click when turning on the game, there's a small piece of metal that moves about a 1/4" is this normal (the green piece is what moves)?

IMG_2644_LI (resized).jpgIMG_2644_LI (resized).jpg

#1606 6 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

I just joined the club again. When turn the game on a can hear a very low slight click from the door. After opening up the door this is the piece that makes a slight click when turning on the game, there's a small piece of metal that moves about a 1/4" is this normal (the green piece is what moves)?

yep, normal.

#1607 6 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Had a chance this morning to take a quick look at everything. When I added the lane switching switch to the assembly, I installed the flipper switch backwards. So I know the issue that I need to fix. However it seems like i created another problem. The plunger is hard to push in and out of the coil now. Like its sticking. Not sure what happens when you actually burn a coil and if that's the issue or if it's something else. Had to leave town until Sunday, so won't get a chance to dive in until then. Thanks for everyone's help.

Just an update for everyone. By installing the one switch backwards I did burn up the coil. So today I reversed the switch and replaced the coil and now my Space Shuttle is playing the best it ever has in the 18 months that I have owned it. Thanks for everyone’s help.

#1608 6 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

now my Space Shuttle is playing the best it ever has in the 18 months that I have owned it.

#1609 6 years ago

I have a new CPR repro plastics set for sale.

Parts - For Sale
New (selling multiple) - “New repro playfield plastics set from CPR for Williams Space Shuttle. Full playfield plastics set plus the topper sign, key fob, an extra pop bumper plastic, an extra set of slings...”
2017-11-06
Savage, MN
95 (Firm)
Archived after: 2 days
Viewed: 100 times
Contributed to Pinside

#1610 6 years ago

Curious what coil everyone has for the ball kicker? The reason I ask is all my system 11 games all have 800 coils on them but my Space Shuttle has an 850 coil (I believe that's what the manual states it should have--I could be wrong). The issue I have is the ball trough. One I drain a ball it kicks it so hard over that it will hit the next ball in the trough and kick it up and sometimes in lands in the shooter lane. I've never had this happen before and the trough looks good.

#1611 6 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Curious what coil everyone has for the ball kicker? The reason I ask is all my system 11 games all have 800 coils on them but my Space Shuttle has an 850 coil (I believe that's what the manual states it should have--I could be wrong). The issue I have is the ball trough. One I drain a ball it kicks it so hard over that it will hit the next ball in the trough and kick it up and sometimes in lands in the shooter lane. I've never had this happen before and the trough looks good.

That’s a feature, instant multiball!

#1612 6 years ago

After doing a complete overhaul of my machine this same thing started to happen to me.

I added a few washers between the trough and the playfield to lower the trough and it fixed the problem. just add to the end near the shooter lane.

#1613 6 years ago

Here's a pic

There's another washer just to the right of the ball. (Got cut off)

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#1614 6 years ago
Quoted from dr_spidey:

Here's a pic

That looks like the kicker that serves a ball to the shooter lane. I think Yesh23 is talking about the outhole kicker under the apron that serves the ball into the trough? Or am I mistaken?

#1615 6 years ago
Quoted from dr_spidey:

Here's a pic

That's the wrong picture, that kicker serves the ball into the shooter lane not a picture of the kicker that pushes the drained ball into the ball trough.

#1616 6 years ago

Thanks guys. I'm hoping it will help solve the problem (guessing it will)!!!

#1617 6 years ago

The picture is showing where I added the washers. It lowers the trough just enough to prevent extra balls being kicked out.

I removed 2 hex head screws holding one end of the trough. The 2 closest to the shooter lane. Slide in a couple washers. Then put screws back. It worked great for me.

You can see the added washer on the left. I think i put 2 washers on the right, but you can't see in the pic.

space shuttle (resized).jpgspace shuttle (resized).jpg

#1618 6 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Just to verify - I believe this is the stock coil for the outhole kicker.

20171111_192209 (resized).jpg20171111_192209 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#1619 6 years ago

Just a quick update, and a long overdue one at that:

I received word from my dad a couple days ago that the planets were aligned such that unclaimed material AND machine time were both suddenly available to cut the panels. Yeah yeah yeah, I've heard flavors of that too many times... but today, he sent me a surprise shipping notification. Based on the weight, I'm guesstihoping I might have about a dozen NASA panels in a week or so. Fingers crossed!

If anyone is still interested after all this time.... don't start PMing me just yet... I don't want to make promises... but maybe cross your fingers too...!

#1620 6 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

I received word from my dad a couple days ago that the planets were aligned such that unclaimed material AND machine time were both suddenly available to cut the panels. Yeah yeah yeah, I've heard flavors of that too many times... but today, he sent me a surprise shipping notification. Based on the weight, I'm guesstihoping I might have about a dozen NASA panels in a week or so. Fingers crossed!
If anyone is still interested after all this time.... don't start PMing me just yet... I don't want to make promises... but maybe cross your fingers too...!

woo hoo fingers crossed!

#1621 6 years ago

That's some good news, people who buy them are in for a great new look for their game. I love mine.

#1622 6 years ago

Can’t Wait, hope you get enough to go around.

#1623 6 years ago

NASA panels in a week or so.

Any pictures of these items?? I’d be very interested in making a change to my game. Still my favorite over my other pins.

#1624 6 years ago

nasa1 (resized).jpgnasa1 (resized).jpg

nasa2 (resized).jpgnasa2 (resized).jpg

nasa3 (resized).jpgnasa3 (resized).jpg

nasa5 (resized).jpgnasa5 (resized).jpg

nasa4 (resized).jpgnasa4 (resized).jpg

#1625 6 years ago

Does anyone make a replacement speech board? Mine has kept cutting out and now is gone completely. Before if I messed with the volume, it would resolve itself some, but still garbled.

#1626 6 years ago
Quoted from AMBoggs:

Does anyone make a replacement speech board? Mine has kept cutting out and now is gone completely. Before if I messed with the volume, it would resolve itself some, but still garbled.

http://www.pinballpcb.com/SpeechBoard.html

EDIT - company is in process of closing, see http://www.pinballpcb.com

#1627 6 years ago

They are no longer producing new boards.

#1628 6 years ago

This?

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#1629 6 years ago

WOW that speaker cover looks amazing! Count me in on ordering one once you have them available!!! Love the way you added the custom lighting as well, Awesome. Definitely would rival my STTNG pinball!

#1630 6 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

WOW that speaker cover looks amazing! Count me in on ordering one once you have them available!!! Love the way you added the custom lighting as well, Awesome. Definitely would rival my STTNG pinball!

actually, all you receive is the stainless steel panel. the custom lighting and speaker panel was done by me in my restoration.

#1631 6 years ago
#1632 6 years ago

Just wondering if the original list of Pinsiders will get first crack at buying this lot of grilles first. I definitely want one

#1633 6 years ago

Holy carp Charlie Brown, it's a Thanksgiving miracle...!

20171124_142858 (resized).jpg20171124_142858 (resized).jpg

11 shuttles and 4 PinBots...

BEFORE THE FRENZY BEGINS... I wasn't expecting this to show up right now so I'm a little unprepared at the moment. Sometime in the next few days I hope to QC the panels, then try to reconcile all the old PMs and such and see how many folks were interested versus how many I have on hand. I honestly do not recall, plus I understand folks' interests have probably changed during all this time. I also need to get packing materials and such. I'd like to revise the packaging to something a little smaller if at all possible... I kinda went overboard in the 2015 run.

Bottom line is I will do my best to honor "past dibs" and offer any remainder as first-come-first-serve. It might not be until next week before I'm ready to accept orders / payment.

Things are complicated slightly in that it appears one NASA panel has some excess material that would need to be machined - whoever has machine shop access can probably claim that one for a discount. Also, during the 2015 run, one of them got lost in shipping so I need to hold back for such contingencies. I might also dig and offer a couple of my prototypes from that run as well, just to clear things out.

But I finally have some in hand! And since they don't do me any good sitting here I'm looking forward to getting these out to the rest of you soon...!

#1634 6 years ago

Sweet

#1635 6 years ago

I’m excited. Hope The NASA ones go around and you have enough for us original guys

#1636 6 years ago

Fantastic! I'm still drooling for one, please include me on the list!

#1637 6 years ago

offer any remainder as first-come-first-serve.

Please add me to your list! Plus any info on how you illuminated that panel would be great as well.
Jason

#1638 6 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Please add me to your list! Plus any info on how you illuminated that panel would be great as well.
Jason

EL paper to light the round cut outs but you can't put it behind the NASA Defender because that's where the speaker is. Beatmaster made a custom speaker panel with 2 round speakers and the basic round led style light up.

#1639 6 years ago

Hello

New pinball owner of a Space Station and the machine is running great... However after playing it around 30 min or a little longer I notice that the green multiball light and the heat shield light stop lighting up. Is there a bad connection as the game heats up? Any ideas on what I could check?

Thanks

#1640 6 years ago
Quoted from jradams76:

New pinball owner of a Space Station

Wrong owners club. You are in Space Shuttle, not Space Station , so it might be better off to see if there is a Space Mission owners thread.

#1641 6 years ago

Your still welcome here though...

#1642 6 years ago
Quoted from jradams76:

I notice that the green multiball light and the heat shield light stop lighting up. Is there a bad connection as the game heats up? Any ideas on what I could check?

Both of those two lights are in the Lamp Matrix, Column One. The others in that column are all in the backbox: Shoot again, Tilt, Match, Ball in Play, Game Over, High Score. If none of those are working either (easy to miss!), you've got a matrix column issue. Those tend to involve the MPU board and yes, can sometimes manifest and/or worsen as the game warms up.

If it's only the two you mention, then it's a more confusing coincidence...

#1643 6 years ago

OK, I did first-pass QC (basically removing the film, which forces me to lay eyes and hands and notice anything egregious), and think I've accounted for all the dibs... and there should be just enough on hand plus maybe a spare or two.

I think these are probably going to end up around $175 shipped. I used USPS Priority Insured last time, and will probably keep it that way.

I hope to start PM'ing my dibs list by the end of the week. I'll let the club know when that happens, in case I missed someone. I've got too many live irons this week, and still need to figure out my packing/shipping situation, so they're not quite ready to ship... but close. Definitely want them out and received in time for the holidays...!

#1644 6 years ago

Awesome, can’t wait to spiff up my NASA Space Shuttle

#1645 6 years ago

Pretty sure I put my name on your dibs list goingincirclez, but can you let me know if I’m not

#1646 6 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Your still welcome here though...

Oops sorry my bad the game is Space Shuttle

#1647 6 years ago

Both of those two lights are in the Lamp Matrix, Column One. The others in that column are all in the backbox: Shoot again, Tilt, Match, Ball in Play, Game Over, High Score. If none of those are working either (easy to miss!), you've got a matrix column issue. Those tend to involve the MPU board and yes, can sometimes manifest and/or worsen as the game warms up.
If it's only the two you mention, then it's a more confusing coincidence...

Thanks I will take note and check those lights as the game warms up to see if they work or not and report back.

Ok I turned the game on and let it just sit there for about 10 - 15 minutes and you are right they are all out in that column. So to trouble shoot that do I just check for loose wires or bad solder joints?

#1648 6 years ago

A loose wire could indeed cause that, possibly. Try reseating the red and yellow wiring connectors on the MPU board - upper left area, where all the big toasty resistors are.

More likely you have a blown component on the MPU board. It will be in the top left area of the board. I think columns are the strobes? If so, the part(s) for Lamp Column 1 are transistors Q23 and Q15, and the 7408 chip at U54. Look for anything visually blown in that area, although usually with these particular ones it's not as visually obvious as when, say, a coil transistor blows. It's also possible the resistors and such associated to those parts might be faulty as well.

If all seems well visually, and reseating things doesn't provide a lucky fix, then you're going to need the schematic and a DMM to make much sense of troubleshooting any further.

#1649 6 years ago

PMs HAVE GONE OUT!

If you did not receive one and think you should have, please PM me with the "thread dib" and/or earlier PM. Right now all are claimed; if folks back out those would of course become available.

I am holding back ONE panel for insurance. And I might let the two alt-design prototypes go. So if there is additional interest, that's up to 3 more spots that might free up in a few weeks.

Thanks again to all for the interest and patience!

#1650 6 years ago

A loose wire could indeed cause that, possibly. Try reseating the red and yellow wiring connectors on the MPU board - upper left area, where all the big toasty resistors are.
More likely you have a blown component on the MPU board. It will be in the top left area of the board. I think columns are the strobes? If so, the part(s) for Lamp Column 1 are transistors Q23 and Q15, and the 7408 chip at U54. Look for anything visually blown in that area, although usually with these particular ones it's not as visually obvious as when, say, a coil transistor blows. It's also possible the resistors and such associated to those parts might be faulty as well.
If all seems well visually, and reseating things doesn't provide a lucky fix, then you're going to need the schematic and a DMM to make much sense of troubleshooting any further.

Thanks for the great info I will take a look.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball
Led
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toppers
$ 129.00
Cabinet Parts
Bob's Pinball Stuff
Cabinet parts
2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St Charles, IL
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
There are 4,473 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 90.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/space-shuttle-crew-members-club-prepare-for-liftoff/page/33?hl=dr_spidey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.