(Topic ID: 211690)

Space Shuttle Blowing a fuse...Different one this time!

By Pinfactory2000

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
17D56500-2D7E-4CF4-AB63-FFF7FD4F3AC5 (resized).jpeg
E49DBC6F-1D5C-4685-BF21-BD1743D3CD6F (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinfactory2000.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Yippee! Fixed the issue with my GI blowing and it played great for a month or two. Fired it up today and no flippers. Ugh. Check fuse, blown, replace, fire up, fuse pops.

Any ideas? I dont see anything obvious causing the short...Thanks!

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Bridge rectifier on power supply bad ?
LTG : )

huh, will check...

(feverishly checks youtube "how to test bridge rectifier")

1 week later
#5 6 years ago

ok so fuse at F2 on the board was blown. replaced and flippers energized upon startup. Left flipper is perfect. Right flipper now machine guns.

Strangely enough, 3rd fuse down in the block (pic shows it as empty) blows every time its replaced. Whether the is a fuse in the block or not the flippers aren't impacted.

Am I dealing with two separate issues? Game seems to play fine other than the spastic right flipper...

#6 6 years ago

Pics:

E49DBC6F-1D5C-4685-BF21-BD1743D3CD6F (resized).jpegE49DBC6F-1D5C-4685-BF21-BD1743D3CD6F (resized).jpeg

17D56500-2D7E-4CF4-AB63-FFF7FD4F3AC5 (resized).jpeg17D56500-2D7E-4CF4-AB63-FFF7FD4F3AC5 (resized).jpeg

#7 6 years ago

Does anyone know what these fuses map to? I cant seem to find them in the manual...Thanks

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from gutz:

Those four fuses are for the general illumination. Each should be 5A Slow blow. If one is blowing, you have a short in that gi string - the wires are color coded so you can narrow it down, find where the green gi string goes. You might have a bad bulb, socket, solder splash, or wire short...and it's usually really fun to find.
The fluttering flipper is either a misadjusted end of stroke switch, or the hold winding on the flipper coil is broken.

Thanks! Why the heck doesnt the manual have those fuses...Maybe I'm just not seeing them anywhere?

Very helpful. it seems all of the GI is working but I will try to narrow it down. Thanks again

#10 6 years ago

narrowed it down to one of the backbox strings. Pulled bulbs and tested all sockets wtih a new bulb. Everything checked out. Must have been a bad bulb or socket that only misbehaves intermittently. either way, thanks for the help

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
$ 129.00
Cabinet Parts
Bob's Pinball Stuff

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinfactory2000.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/space-shuttle-blowing-a-fusedifferent-one-this-time?tu=Pinfactory2000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.